Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Did you think that the campaign on either side actually revolved around the issues, implications or complexities involved.

I just thought it was two sides shouting

Remain: It will be expensive

Leave: Foreigners!

It was only after the vote that the complexities began to be discussed in earnest.

..and that, in a nutshell is why you completely failed to gauge the mood of the public.

It was not all about the expense of leaving anymore than it was about 'all of those darkies coming over here and sponging off of the system...'

As for Trump, he is a Grade A moron but, until the democrats are able to provide somebody at least half way decent to challenge him, he has a very good chance of being returned to power.

Bad news but at least we know what we get with Trump, a shit democrat president could be even worse, maybe.

I rather wish the Dems had gone for someone younger, more articulate, and with less baggage. Biden does a decent "older Mr Rogers" impression, which would definitely make for a more pleasant figurehead than Trump's smug angry narcissist  persona, but ultimately it boils down to a choice between two demented old men with chequered pasts.

Great word choice there Biden... 

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Great word choice there Biden... 

Suppose his tracks are covered then when it transpires the economy's fucked.

People say Biden is well liked, but these favorable numbers aren’t really doing him any favors right now: 

Biden wins.

There were states Trump won in 2016 with fewer votes than Romney got when he lost in 2012. Turn-out decides the election and a combination of an urgency to get rid of Trump and that Biden is a generic old white man will flip back those states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania imo. Four years ago Trump was the insurgent candidate but now people who thought why not vote for a obnoxious businessman to run the federal government might have second thoughts. 

On 16/04/2020 at 07:10, Kenny McCormick said:

Trump has had accusations. Biden was caught on camera. Innocent until proven guilty.

Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls changing  

• Like 1

It's interesting that the forum has a simple majority for a Trump victory, just like the betting markets:

https://www.axios.com/2020-investors-predict-trump-victory-2158c84e-9179-4c17-ad34-f91ffcb508b5.html

The polls however point towards a fairly uncomplicated Biden victory, with wins in all the Obama 2012 states plus Arizona and possibly North Carolina. And Georgia and even Texas very close.

A theory is that this is an opposite reaction to the overconfidence in a Clinton win in 2016. But I guess that many people also think that Trump is eventually going to catch some populist mood, that he somehow pulls it out, that Biden isn't a "real" opponent. 

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

But I guess that many people also think that Trump is eventually going to catch some populist mood, that he somehow pulls it out, that Biden isn't a "real" opponent. 

Yuck!  Surely that would be illegal.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

It's interesting that the forum has a simple majority for a Trump victory, just like the betting markets:

https://www.axios.com/2020-investors-predict-trump-victory-2158c84e-9179-4c17-ad34-f91ffcb508b5.html

The polls however point towards a fairly uncomplicated Biden victory, with wins in all the Obama 2012 states plus Arizona and possibly North Carolina. And Georgia and even Texas very close.

A theory is that this is an opposite reaction to the overconfidence in a Clinton win in 2016. But I guess that many people also think that Trump is eventually going to catch some populist mood, that he somehow pulls it out, that Biden isn't a "real" opponent. 

In a normal year Trump would win super easily. But this isn’t really a normal year. I sense we won’t really know who has the better chance of winning until the debates happen, and I say that because Trump is a really smart politician (for all of his flaws) and Biden is often struggling to form sentences. There’s a special election in California today that might flip to the GOP, and that might be the first indicator of whether the GOP will be strong despite their flaws on the virus or if the Democrats will be able to deal with the flaws of the gop (though they have a ton of their own flaws too). 
PS, I don’t think Texas is flipping or even getting within 5 points. Most likely that poll is an outlier rather than a prediction of what’ll actually happen...

Changing my prediction to Biden because of how abysmally Trump has acted during this pandemic, particularly in the press conferences. It's only a few months away, and this will still be fresh in voters' minds; particularly the families of the what by then could be up to 200,000 dead.

• Like 1

It’ll be interesting to see how the voters react. I think Trump might be able to give the impression he’s doing a good job in the pandemic given how skilled of a politician he really is (even though everybody knows his actual response is abysmal). I do think a much more coherent politician (even someone like Buttigieg who I despise) would probably be the favorite, but Biden is still Biden. However, the question is how worse things will get from here. There eventually may be a point where people who lost their families sees through this bullshit and just pick Biden in spite. 
If Biden really wants to win, he needs to get younger voters on his side. And so far, he’s not really doing that. In fact, not making any concessions to the left (and I’m not saying adopt every single thing Bernie said, people just need to be convinced that he’ll fight for one or two of the things people on the left to join his side). Still, he might not need them in the end, but if he wants a sure fire victory he’s going to have to actively reach out to them in meaningful ways, not stuff like “Pokémon Go to the polls” BS...

Biden will probably win because a significant amount of Trump voters will change sides purely because they finally understand that Trump is a narcissistic idiot whose vanity is going to kill millions of his people.

He cannot hide behind a crisis like this, he is fully exposed to the citizens and the man has floundered, bullshitted and bullied his way through it, so far.

Apart from his die hard fans, he is losing support everywhere.

Worlds leaders think he is a dick, albeit, a dangerous one.

Biden, by comparison, may not be, cannot possibly be, surely, a better bet than Trump??

Politics is a funny old game.

17 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Biden will probably win because a significant amount of Trump voters will change sides purely because they finally understand that Trump is a narcissistic idiot whose vanity is going to kill millions of his people.

Yeah, good luck with that one...

26 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, good luck with that one...

Wait and see, wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Wait and see, wait and see.

If you mean voters from the Republican party, that's probably not going to happen, as they consistently give Trump a 90 - 95% approval rating. So, barring some really drastic changes, aiming to get Republicans is most likely a lost cause. Independents are probably much more gettable, but Biden has to work to show he's different than Trump. So the independents could flip, but we don't know for sure yet...

Anyone who doesn't like the whole trump thing must vote for biden....

Yes, Biden is not the perfect candidate but the planet must get rid of trump who is many many times worse... so simply... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Donald said:

Anyone who doesn't like the whole trump thing must vote for biden....

Yes, Biden is not the perfect candidate but the planet must get rid of trump who is many many times worse... so simply... 

Sorry, but I absolutely despise this thinking. You shouldn’t be shamed into voting for a candidate. Whoever I end up voting for I should come with it in my own terms, not by being pressured by other folk to make my choice. 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Sorry, but I absolutely despise this thinking. You shouldn’t be shamed into voting for a candidate. Whoever I end up voting for I should come with it in my own terms, not by being pressured by other folk to make my choice. 

Pull your head out you arse and get real. 
Everyone knows that if your candidate can’t beat the biggest cunt on the ballot it is the decent thing to do to vote for a marginally lesser cunt to beat the big bad cunt.

If you were in any doubt Trump is the big bad cunt. Biden is the marginally lesser cunt. Anyone who votes for a no chance good guy is the grand master of cunts. 

Understand?

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Pull your head out you arse and get real. 
Everyone knows that if your candidate can’t beat the biggest cunt on the ballot it is the decent thing to do to vote for a marginally lesser cunt to beat the big bad cunt.

If you were in any doubt Trump is the big bad cunt. Biden is the marginally lesser cunt. Anyone who votes for a no chance good guy is the grand master of cunts. 

Understand?

Oh fuck off with that. Don't tell people what to do in politics. If you can't provide a good reason to vote for them (ie Trump is bad isn't a good enough reason), then your candidate isn't really all that great anyways, is it? And besides, regardless of how I vote my state is going to the same person regardless. It's not going to fucking matter.

PS, people are underestimating how bad Biden actually is. I think he'll likely support at least 60 to 70% of the same things Trump does. Is that really acceptable where the person is only slightly better than Trump? Not in my mind it isn't...

19 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh fuck off with that. Don't tell people what to do in politics. If you can't provide a good reason to vote for them (ie Trump is bad isn't a good enough reason), then your candidate isn't really all that great anyways, is it? And besides, regardless of how I vote my state is going to the same person regardless. It's not going to fucking matter.

PS, people are underestimating how bad Biden actually is. I think he'll likely support at least 60 to 70% of the same things Trump does. Is that really acceptable where the person is only slightly better than Trump? Not in my mind it isn't...

60-70% cunt is marginally better than 100% cunt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

60-70% cunt is marginally better than 100% cunt. 

Let me try to explain my mindset. My beliefs are progressive. I have values that candidates need to pass to earn my support. I also need to believe their sincere about it. Simple enough?

Right, so lets look at Biden and Trump. Both are pretty awful candidates. Both have major problems while they were in political office. As such, if I were to vote for Biden or Trump, I would feel like I'm indirectly responsible for any terrible thing they do in office (and both will likely do many of those things). 

This is why I'm never voting for Trump btw. Even though he (on super super rare occasions) done the right thing like support the First Step Act, and tries to sell you like he's on your side, I know he's lying. I've seen his coronavirus response. I see his racial policies. I see him trying to destroy any positive aspect of the current health care system we have. 

Biden has made many problems throughout his career, and as such I concluded that he's not going to be much better than Trump. Yeah, maybe he wouldn't be so quick to end the lockdown we have, but there's other aspects of the virus response I think will be exactly the same as Trump. For example, bailing out all the shitty industries rather than actually helping the American people with paying their bills. In the past, Biden worked with segregationists on some racial policies like busing. And I see no chance of Biden even improving the health care in the US by any means. I mean, he was vice president for Obama, and Obamacare was basically a half measure of any reasonable healthcare reform. 

Admittedly, Biden is better on some issues like climate change. But is that really enough? His climate change policy while better really won't do much to solve the climate crisis. 

Even with all of Biden's flaws in mind, I would still be open to supporting him if he'd both say and prove he'd fight for me on one of my major issues. Instead, he basically showed me the front door, and said "I don't need you". 

So yeah, that's where I'm at. At this point and time I can't get myself to vote for Biden, and I really don't like it when folk said you have to vote for him even though he basically gave me the middle finger. But I'll leave it at that, and I see no point in arguing further. So it's likely an agree to disagree situation.