Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 25/10/2020 at 12:17, Joey Russ said:

Apparently this poll just came out in Texas: 

If he wins TX, he's most likely to win. 

7 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

If he wins TX, he's most likely to win. 

It's a pretty certain win if he does, yes, but it's also a big if, especially with all the voter suppression going on there.

• Like 1

My prediction:

Maybe it's a bit to optimistic for the democrats.

2020 election.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/10/2020 at 01:56, En Passant said:

I've done the sums, 50% of this board is Scots (tempted to say Scotch just to piss them off). The other 50% is gay. Yes there's some cross pollination Venn diagram wise (I'm looking at you Wills) but anyway. The non-gay, non Scots amongst us are confused about these local derbies and their significance.

My sheep has longer hair than yours, so there.

I wonder why gay men such as myself are disproportionately  represented on this board and interested in death,  deathlisting and deadpooling?

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I wonder why gay men such as myself are disproportionately  represented on this board and interested in death,  deathlisting and deadpooling?

I had no idea this was an actual phenomenon but happy to learn of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I am a gay man too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think LGBT+ people and Scots both have a uniquely dreich outlook on life. Everyone on this forum does, but we're exposed to the world being a spinning ball of doom before some others. In turn we attempt to make light of it. This isn't a projection of course. Not like it's coming from a bisexual Glaswegian downer's perspective or summat... :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Gay woman here.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Trump is going to win.

This poll is worthless for these reasons:

1. Republicans are oversampled in it.

2. According to this poll independents swung over 20 points to Trump just in the last 30 days

3.  They also have Trump winning young people but losing old people

13 minutes ago, Prophet said:

This poll is worthless for these reasons:

1. Republicans are oversampled in it.

2. According to this poll independents swung over 20 points to Trump just in the last 30 days

3.  They also have Trump winning young people but losing old people

Also their polls doesn't weigh by education,and given the fact that people's education levels is a big indicator of how they might vote it would be like not weighing a poll by age,race or gender.

• Like 1

The IA-01 margin in particular is quite off. Not saying Trump couldn’t win it, but it’s not going Republican by 15% points. 

My predictions for a couple of these swing states:

Pennsylvania: Biden +5

Wisconsin: Biden +7

Michigan: Biden +9

Minnesota: Biden +10

Arizona: Biden +4

Florida: Biden +1

Iowa: Trump +2

Texas: Trump +0

Georgia: Trump +0

North Carolina: Biden +2

South Carolina: Trump +5

Nevada: Biden +9

Ohio: Biden +1

I think Texas and Georgia would go for Biden under "normal" circumstances - but with court cases and such, the results will come out in a certain way.

Edit: Ah, and Biden wins all the electoral votes in Maine, and one in Nebraska

• Like 1

3 fucking days to go. Then finally I can read about the important things in life. The price of pistachios has rocketed recently. 

On 15/04/2020 at 00:02, DeathClock said:

Who would ever vote for Joe Biden? He looks like Sloth from Goonies. He looks like he had a stroke that the media is not reporting. No, I’m not making fun of people that have dementia.

Apparently he has dementia, I think he will become the first us president to die in office for many years, he is a walking zombie, who I think we should put on the 2021 list. 

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

My predictions for a couple of these swing states:

Pennsylvania: Biden +5

Wisconsin: Biden +7

Michigan: Biden +9

Minnesota: Biden +10

Arizona: Biden +4

Florida: Biden +1

Iowa: Trump +2

Texas: Trump +0

Georgia: Trump +0

North Carolina: Biden +2

South Carolina: Trump +5

Nevada: Biden +9

Ohio: Biden +1

I think Texas and Georgia would go for Biden under "normal" circumstances - but with court cases and such, the results will come out in a certain way.

Edit: Ah, and Biden wins all the electoral votes in Maine, and one in Nebraska

I feel it's more likely North Carolina or Georgia goes Biden than Florida.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Yeah, Jason Miller is speaking the Trump campaign spin.

"Being ahead on election night" = having more of their votes counted already, because the vote by mail might take another day or so.

"steal it back" = counting the vote by mail

There are very few countries on Earth where the vote is already finalized on election day.

The Trump campaign is trying to sell you a twisted interpretation of numbers - as if there was still a race after Election day that the democrats try to win. But no, it's just the technicality of infrastructure not being able to handle it all on one day.

Jonathon Pie nails it once again, this is why Trump is gonna win.

They will be riots either way if he does and then Biden is ahead and either becomes the 46th or the supreme court manages to make trump remain.

22 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I think LGBT+ people and Scots both have a uniquely dreich outlook on life. Everyone on this forum does, but we're exposed to the world being a spinning ball of doom before some others. In turn we attempt to make light of it. This isn't a projection of course. Not like it's coming from a bisexual Glaswegian downer's perspective or summat... :ph34r:

I also wonder if we are more likely  to be less deferential towards social norms including attitudes to death? I don't know the answer I am just curiously  thinking aloud .

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I also wonder if we are more likely  to be less deferential towards social norms including attitudes to death? I don't know the answer I am just curiously  thinking aloud .

D’you know GC, I think you’re absolutely right. As a bisexual man managing a precision engineering machine shop (a traditional gammon stomping ground of people who are frankly completely ignorant of any of today’s societal norms involving inclusivity of people who aren’t white British, LGBT+ or any kind of minority whatsoever) I’m made to feel like my mindset is rather, for want of a better adjective, different. And perhaps, as a result, the acceptance of any odd psyche such as morbidity is rather less likely to be alien to someone less entwined with this kind of ‘straight, traditional’ societal norm.

• Like 5

I'm a trans woman myself. Knew it for years, and some on here have known in private for a while - no reason to keep hiding. Life's too short. :smoking-smiley:

Don't want any fuss - just here to deadpool and perpetually increase my knowhow of yesteryear celebs.

And agreed wrt the above, having that deadpooler's sense of black humor definitely helps keep me sane.

• Like 14