Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some sympathy for those of us who work in the Fourth Estate. First election since 2008 I've not worked overnight, but still waking up at 5am to deal with American TV adverts on their news channels and drinking enough Red Bull to buy Leipzig a new training facility.

• Haha 1

In other news, Oregon has voted to decriminalise heroin.  Maybe they're going to start opioid holidays for Americans unable to deal with the predicament in which they now find themselves.  

Trump or Biden, anarchy will prevail in the end :ph34r:.

Vote counting in swing states has been halted so counters can go to bed, never happened before...

• Sad 1

Biden just took the lead in Wisconsin.  He needs to win 2 of the remaining 4 of MI/WI/PA/GA to win, assuming Trump holds NC and Biden holds NV.  This is truly a nail-biter.  

6 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Biden just took the lead in Wisconsin.  He needs to win 2 of the remaining 4 of MI/WI/PA/GA to win, assuming Trump holds NC and Biden holds NV.  This is truly a nail-biter.  

Yeah I've just read that but it's not true - he needs 3 without PA or PA plus any 1 or GA & MI - WI + GA and WI + MI leaves him just short on 267 by my reckoning. 

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah I've just read that but it's not true - he needs 3 without PA or PA plus any 1 or GA & MI - WI + GA and WI + MI leaves him just short on 267 by my reckoning. 

I don't know if you have AZ in Biden's column but that was called for Biden already.  From my count, he needs 2 of the 4 remaining of MI/WI/PA/GA.  Obviously, pulling out a win in WI would change the calculus considerably.  There are 5 counties still outstanding in WI, all red counties.  However, these are going to be absentee/early votes, so that doesn't necessarily mean they will skew Republican.  With the current lead so scant, some 10K votes, it really could go either way in WI.  GA looks like it will be razor-thin when it's all said and done.  I think MI looks good for Biden but we'll see.  PA could be more problematic for Biden, given the math, though not impossible.  

This is clearly the craziest election since 2000, and maybe even crazier.  Though I don't think we will have a 36-day wait this time to find out who the winner is.  

7 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I don't know if you have AZ in Biden's column but that was called for Biden already.  From my count, he needs 2 of the 4 remaining of MI/WI/PA/GA.  Obviously, pulling out a win in WI would change the calculus considerably.  There are 5 counties still outstanding in WI, all red counties.  However, these are going to be absentee/early votes, so that doesn't necessarily mean they will skew Republican.  With the current lead so scant, some 10K votes, it really could go either way in WI.  GA looks like it will be razor-thin when it's all said and done.  I think MI looks good for Biden but we'll see.  PA could be more problematic for Biden, given the math, though not impossible.  

This is clearly the craziest election since 2000, and maybe even crazier.  Though I don't think we will have a 36-day wait this time to find out who the winner is.  

Yes sorry you are right - I missed Maine tucked away in the top right hand corner.

This is a win - thank you Omaha...

GN06J.png

• Like 1

Biden's lead in Nevada is down to 0.8% with 85% of the vote in.  Most of the votes left are supposed to be from the Las Vegas area, thought to be a Democratic stronghold, but the numbers there have been tightening all night.  That said, apparently there are still about 75K absentee ballots outstanding, which should skew for the Democrats.  

What a crazy night.  No sleep for me.  

• Shocked 1

People are saying on twitter Arizona is back in play and fox news called it too early.

10 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

People are saying on twitter Arizona is back in play and fox news called it too early.

They probably called it a little early, but it's still looking quite good for Biden.  Would be truly stunning if he lost that state. 

Biden trims the lead in Michigan to just over 64K votes.  Still only 63% reporting in the Detroit area.  Biden just picked up about 150K votes in this latest vote dump.  

Interesting bit of commentary...

BEB449B7-44FD-4016-94EA-D0C9E96B9135.thumb.jpeg.0cbe5d5912fb377856557e8d824d5426.jpeg

Apparently there are about 410K votes to be counted in Georgia, almost all from Atlanta and the suburbs and mail-in votes.  Trump is up by about 102K.  That would mean that Biden would need to get just under 63% of the remaining vote to win, and that seems do-able.  It's going to be super-close either way.  

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Interesting bit of commentary...

BEB449B7-44FD-4016-94EA-D0C9E96B9135.thumb.jpeg.0cbe5d5912fb377856557e8d824d5426.jpeg

How incredibly crass.   Not a thought for the poor girl who was brutally murdered.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

How incredibly crass.   Not a thought for the poor girl who was brutally murdered.

Safe to say, the collective reaction to this on Twitter was just that, except maybe with more fury and incredulity. I honestly thought it was a sick parody at first.

Biden has just moved to -200 in betting markets.  What a roller-coaster that was last night, with Biden going up -250 initially as the early returns looked good in Florida before we saw the Miami-Dade count.  Trump got up by as much as -500 last night, and then stabilized to around -300 for much of the night.  When Arizona was called by Fox News for Biden, it became more like -200.  And now it's flipped back to Biden.  As I was saying, I think the math looks favorable for Biden in both Michigan and Georgia.  And if he holds that scant lead in Wisconsin, it really looks good for Biden.  

Not assuming anything right now, though.  This is far from over. 

Biden just went back up by about 11K votes in Wisconsin, as Green Bay's absentee vote came in.  95% reporting.  Kenosha's absentee count still needs to come in, and that is also expected to net the Democrats some more votes.  

I think even if Biden does win the presidency, which I still believe is likely, the fact that this vote hasn’t been a complete repudiation of Trump’s horrific tenure is pretty shocking to say the least, and America (not least the Dems) might want to reflect on that.

My prediction: Biden 270 Trump 268.

Trump will not accept it and launch about 200 legal cases.

Pelosi will be president.

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I think even if Biden does win the presidency, which I still believe is likely, the fact that this vote hasn’t been a complete repudiation of Trump’s horrific tenure is pretty shocking to say the least, and America (not least the Dems) might want to reflect on that.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to think about that. Trumpism is alive. That might make Trump bow out a little easier, because he'll always have his media platform. And hell, he might think about running again in 2024. But he's also a very, very flawed symbol of Trumpism, because in the end, there might just be too many personality flaws within him. But his voters won't go away. And a somewhat smoother demagogue, younger, more focused, could easily run on that.

Biden has, indeed, increased his lead in Wisconsin, as some Kenosha ballots have come in.  He's now up by over 20K votes in Wisconsin, by .6% in the state overall.  

In Michigan, meanwhile, Biden has cut the lead to about 27K votes.  

Biden now -300.  

He will win both Wisconsin and Michigan. He should win Nevada and Maine. He'll lose Pennsylvania.

So it all boiled down to the Nebraska 2nd district being flipped by Biden to take it to 270 instead of 269-269.

6 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

He will win both Wisconsin and Michigan. He should win Nevada and Maine. He'll lose Pennsylvania.

So it all boiled down to the Nebraska 2nd district being flipped by Biden to take it to 270 instead of 269-269.

I am not ruling out PA, actually, for Biden, and GA is very much in play for Biden.  In fact, I think he wins the Peach State.