Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luckily, election night ended juuuuust about good enough for Biden, being ahead in Nevada and WIsconsin, that a Trump attack via courts today looks just about shady enough. And with Georgia Senate runoffs looming further vote tampering could become very dangerous for that tiny Senate majority.

20 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how to think about that. Trumpism is alive. That might make Trump bow out a little easier, because he'll always have his media platform. And hell, he might think about running again in 2024. But he's also a very, very flawed symbol of Trumpism, because in the end, there might just be too many personality flaws within him. But his voters won't go away. And a somewhat smoother demagogue, younger, more focused, could easily run on that.

Maybe Don Jr.

If Biden wins 2024 I fear will be a republicain win with someone who makes Trump seem benign

Looks like it was Detroit what won it in the end for Biden.

• Like 1

I think Biden wins with the outstanding vote, but the closeness sadly justifies my guess in the thread poll that Trump would win. It wasn't until the pandemic I thought Biden had a shot, and if the race was a nailbiter WITH covid, Trump probably would've won without it.

And a Mitch-led Senate basically makes for a few years of nothing before a smarter equivalent of Trump takes power...

It looks like Biden will eke it out, but the reality is that even though the democrats will probably win they need to do some serious soul searching during the next four years (which they won’t do). One, they need to not flatly deny popular issues would happen with the American people. You can’t say no to popular issues cause then people won’t be motivated to come out for you. You can’t just run on not being the other guy, that isn’t an inspiring message. The other thing is the Democratic Party really needs to improve its minority outreach, particularly with the Latinos. A big reason why Florida was called so early and why Texas ended up being over 5 points was that his Latino outreach was horrible. Now I thought Biden would win by a decent amount in many states because of his gains with the suburban and old vote, but as it turns out those gains only seem to be relatively minor and the Latino vote was much more important. In short, the dems may have won this time, but they need to really change their strategy if they want to win in the future...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, runebomme said:

I think who ever wins in Michigan will win

Probably right. All Biden (238) needs to get to make 270 is get Nevada (6) and Wisconsin (10), both of which he’s leading so far, and Michigan (16), where his current margin to Trump is small and easily reachable. If he fails in Michigan, he needs Pennsylvania (20) or Georgia (16) and both of those look a bit less likely.

• Like 1

So if Biden wins I see him staying as president for a year or so and Kamala Harris taking over. I should've listened to the Simpsons they're more reliable than the polls :D

If this happens you can bet Harris comes out and says the country is broke and maybe..maybe have a graph aswell.

Trump's best bet of winning at this point:

If he wins PA, NC and GA and if he gets 1 electoral vote from Maine (likely) then that will put Trump at 269 (tie). It will be brought to the House of Representatives (GOP has 26, Dems have 23). Trump just has to hope the GOP sides with him and he's in office for another term.

Just now, Kenny McCormick said:

Trump's best bet of winning at this point:

If he wins PA, NC and GA and if he gets 1 electoral vote from Maine (likely) then that will put Trump at 269 (tie). It will be brought to the House of Representatives (GOP has 26, Dems have 23). Trump just has to hope the GOP sides with him and he's in office for another term.

He would also need Nebraska's Second District for this scenario where Biden currently leads in.

Nebraska’s 2nd had already been called by multiple organizations for Biden, so Trump won’t be winning that congressional district. 

Looks like, as of now, Joe Biden has surpassed Barack Obama's popular vote record of 2008.

• Like 1

695CD52E-3B04-4BF3-BE6F-35C9FFC8D9EE.thumb.jpeg.3257bd9e6a33e213e1b313e2d31fc6e9.jpeg

• Like 2

His next tweet is even better...

He’s on transmit now. He’s shitting himself. But he’s being very consistent in his ways: if reality is against him, it’s ‘strange’, if the news is against him, it’s ‘fake’, and if a vote is against him, it’s ‘fraud’.

If he does indeed lose this election, it’ll be, unsurprisingly, with the least grace in history.

• Like 1

Not an image that anyone wanted.

D18FC815-3903-43A3-8415-3FDEDD844EA0.thumb.jpeg.fb1770e8ca7d12fad76b5e3e436c989b.jpeg

• Haha 1

One thing we should note: Even if Biden is declared the winner, do you really think Trump is gonna concede?  I bet you he’ll demand a recount, and it will be 2000 all over again. The odds are looking like they’re in Biden’s favor right now, but i doubt Trump is going to go down without a fight

3 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

One thing we should note: Even if Biden is declared the winner, do you really think Trump is gonna concede?  I bet you he’ll demand a recount, and it will be 2000 all over again. The odds are looking like they’re in Biden’s favor right now, but i doubt Trump is going to go down without a fight

Yeah he definitely wont. Tbh is it just me or do things look a bit dodge in Wisconsin? 

No photo description available.

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Tbh is it just me or do things look a bit dodge in Wisconsin? 

You *could* say that them counting the absentee ballotts last explains that as it's predominantly dems that vote that way, but  still a bit fish that it's ALL new votes.

Even if it's completely accurate, or maybe just human error on the graph makers part whatever, it's 100% going to be conspiracy fodder for Trump and his lot :lol:

1 minute ago, joneseuro said:

You *could* say that them counting the absentee ballotts last explains that as it's predominantly dems that vote that way

What also gets me is that Trump was the one imploring people not to mail ballots in and to go and vote in person on the day, so  that’s what his supporters have done. It’s no surprise that the majority of mail-ins are for Biden.

Seems you have a new president. Congrats, mr. Biden.

13 minutes ago, drol said:

Seems you have a new president. Congrats, Mrs Harris.

Yep, I’m also convinced now.

But FTFY.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Yeah he definitely wont. Tbh is it just me or do things look a bit dodge in Wisconsin? 

No photo description available.

Things really aren't adding up literally.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yep, I’m also convinced now.

But FTFY.

270 vs 267, small victory, but still a victory. Trump handled the pandemic like the complete dumbass he is and paid for that.

• Like 1