Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does it really matter?

An absolute abortion of a man has been voted out only to be replaced by somebody with as much charisma as a turd mark in a YMCA toilet.

I do not know what all the celebrating and back slapping is all about, really.

One tosser  out, one inept fuckwitt in.

Sure, he won't be pushing the red button but he won't be doing much else either, apart from making a complete twat of himself.

It will end in tears, mark my words.

I’m just laughing at how laughably bad some of Trump’s arguments are. It ain’t going nowhere. 
Yeah, I’m certainly going to be critical of the Biden administration (and looking at some of his cabinet picks so far, it ain’t looking good so far). It’s just Trump was even worse as a whole and needed to go out. And he did (Georgia already certified Biden’s win there, and other GOP leaders in Pennsylvania and Michigan don’t look like they’ll budge).

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Does it really matter?

An absolute abortion of a man has been voted out only to be replaced by somebody with as much charisma as a turd mark in a YMCA toilet.

I do not know what all the celebrating and back slapping is all about, really.

One tosser  out, one inept fuckwitt in.

Sure, he won't be pushing the red button but he won't be doing much else either, apart from making a complete twat of himself.

It will end in tears, mark my words.

With the greatest of respect, don't need to mark your words. Only need to watch the news of nutters marching up and down the streets with assault rifles to know it will all end in tears, that's without mentioning that half the country is now in thrall with a man who doesn't believe in democracy and has convinced the rest of his supporters it's a bad idea too and that the other side are satan-worshipping paedophiles. No idea how the US walks back from the brink here, but starting with having the only sensible mainstream party in government is progress.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

With the greatest of respect, don't need to mark your words. Only need to watch the news of nutters marching up and down the streets with assault rifles to know it will all end in tears, that's without mentioning that half the country is now in thrall with a man who doesn't believe in democracy and has convinced the rest of his supporters it's a bad idea too and that the other side are satan-worshipping paedophiles. No idea how the US walks back from the brink here, but starting with having the only sensible mainstream party in government is progress.

Is it?

Sensible doesn't govern countries and lead people, competence does.

I don't see Biden as being particularly competent.

Nothing he did in his campaign would lead anybody to believe that he is going to be competent.

Trump facilitated the nutters, the democrats handed it to him on a plate when they chose Clinton to run for President.

They only positive that has come out of all of this is that, out and out nutters apart, the people HAD to go for Biden.

That is hardly a great endorsement and he is not going to be able to reach out to the Trumptards because, as I said before, he has no charisma.

America needed a level headed and charismatic leader, I don't think they have got one.

We shall see.

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I don't see Biden as being particularly competent.

Nothing he did in his campaign would lead anybody to believe that he is going to be competent.

On the contrary, I think Biden grabbing the popularism of job protectionism in key swing states early on was a masterstroke that had Trump on the backfoot in the very states he needed to win (Rust Belt, basically). Trumps quite clearly far more popular in the US than social media would have you think, and his support went up in quite a lot of places so you needed a highly focused and competent campaign to beat him for the Presidency. In fact, hot take, I think most of the other Dem candidates would have lost.

This doesn't promise competent Presidency of course. Bush Jr was a solid campaigner - and like Biden, this was heavily underrated by his opposition - but rotten at the actual running the country bit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, msc said:

On the contrary, I think Biden grabbing the popularism of job protectionism in key swing states early on was a masterstroke that had Trump on the backfoot in the very states he needed to win (Rust Belt, basically). Trumps quite clearly far more popular in the US than social media would have you think, and his support went up in quite a lot of places so you needed a highly focused and competent campaign to beat him for the Presidency. In fact, hot take, I think most of the other Dem candidates would have lost.

This doesn't promise competent Presidency of course. Bush Jr was a solid campaigner - and like Biden, this was heavily underrated by his opposition - but rotten at the actual running the country bit.

Fair points.

Biden now has to deliver on those very states that he targeted.

Will he deliver??:sherlock:

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fair points.

Biden now has to deliver on those very states that he targeted.

Will he deliver??:sherlock:

I'll let you know in 2024! :lol:

• Haha 1

So, some Biden appointments include:

Antony Blinken - Secretary of State

John Kerry - Climate Change

Avril Haines - Director of National Intelligence

Alejandro Mayorkas - Secretary of Homeland Security

Jake Sullivan - White House National Security Advisor

Linda Thomas-Greenfield - US Ambassador to the UN

Janet Yellen - Treasury Secretary

I’ve no idea if any of this is good or not - I only know John Kerry. What do our American friends here think of these appointments so far?

This is Blinken’s record, which isn’t good (then again Biden’s foreign policy was never going to be good): 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

So, some Biden appointments include:

Antony Blinken - Secretary of State

John Kerry - Climate Change

Avril Haines - Director of National Intelligence

Alejandro Mayorkas - Secretary of Homeland Security

Jake Sullivan - White House National Security Advisor

Linda Thomas-Greenfield - US Ambassador to the UN

Janet Yellen - Treasury Secretary

I’ve no idea if any of this is good or not - I only know John Kerry. What do our American friends here think of these appointments so far?

Non-American of course, but note there's at least 3 big EU fans there, which is great news for a certain muppet leader we all know. The chap at Homeland was big on cyber crime so that looks like a focus, alongside climate and rebuilding international relations. Oh, and his Treasury Sec's a Keynesian. Who knew they were still allowed post Thatcher/Reagan? :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Non-American of course, but note there's at least 3 big EU fans there, which is great news for a certain muppet leader we all know. The chap at Homeland was big on cyber crime so that looks like a focus, alongside climate and rebuilding international relations. Oh, and his Treasury Sec's a Keynesian. Who knew they were still allowed post Thatcher/Reagan? :D

Worth pointing out as well that all these "appointments" need to be confirmed by the Senate. Supposedly Biden has picked them believing they can be confirmed (safe bets) but I do wonder about a few of them...

This cabinet is somewhat unique in that Biden is pretty definitely going to be a one term president. And with all the ongoing crises, he needs to hit the ground running. So there's a lot of careerists and old names in there. Old names as in, they all already worked for Obama before. This cabinet is remarkably unspectacular, and is going to try to woo voters by sheer competence. It's going to be interesting to see (to me) if this approach works at the polls. 

• Like 1

I would like to see Doug Jones be nominated AG. 

Was a joke that Alabama elected a football coach who screws up basic civics questions in every interview he has done rather than re-elect Jones anyway.  

24 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I would like to see Doug Jones be nominated AG. 

Was a joke that Alabama elected a football coach who screws up basic civics questions in every interview he has done rather than re-elect Jones anyway.  

Alabama is ruby red. We’re you really expecting another result? 

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Alabama is ruby red. We’re you really expecting another result? 

Jones won in 2017. I know Roy Moore had a scandal but I was hoping Jones re-election would be judged on his performance in the job once the people of the state decided to vote democrat for once. 

49 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Jones won in 2017. I know Roy Moore had a scandal but I was hoping Jones re-election would be judged on his performance in the job once the people of the state decided to vote democrat for once. 

Doug Jones could squeak by in 2017 because he was running in a special election against the worst senatorial candidate in recent history. It's worth noting that Jones didn't really peel off a lot of Republican voters - the biggest reason he won was because Moore was bad enough to significantly depress Republican turnout in a special election where that was the only race on the ballot. Had Roy Moore been the GOP candidate this year, even he would have won easily thanks to the presidential turnout (albeit perhaps by an embarrassing margin for an Alabama Republican).

• Like 1

Look at the senate results as a whole. Apart from Maine where Susan Collins won re-election, every state that has a certified winner went with the same result as the state on the presidential level*. This shouldn’t really be surprising to folk who wonder why Doug Jones and Cory Gardner lost but Thom Tillis and Joni Ernst didn’t. 

*Georgia hasn’t been called cause of runoff, and if I had to guess Republicans would hold on to those seats, but we don’t know that for sure yet. 

• Haha 1

And Biden cleared the electoral college vote today: 

The claim of dead people voting in this RIGGED election is TRUE. SAD! Oh wait fuck it was for Drumpf

• Haha 1

The sickening sight of Trump supporters taking their last opportunity to object to the count of the Electoral College.

If there was some goddamn evidence, the Courts would have sorted this out, an order could be produced to the Congress and a valid objection made.

This on the other hand is an abortion of process, objection without evidence, order or anything else.

• Thanks 1

Can I change my vote to the one with the biggest gun?

Trump should be impeached for what he got his supporters to do last night.

Doesn't really matter to me who's the president; the orange jackass or the old fossil are the same to me. Just hope the nation ends the division and be united again.