Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Biden currently 14% ahead in the polls (50% of the vote vs 36%): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/us/politics/trump-biden-poll-nyt-upshot-siena-college.html

Trump's approval rating is slowly sliding downwards meanwhile, although not quite so bad as it was in Feb this year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Still a long time to the election, mind you, but I'd still be betting on Biden right now.

26 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

Biden currently 14% ahead in the polls (50% of the vote vs 36%): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/us/politics/trump-biden-poll-nyt-upshot-siena-college.html

Trump's approval rating is slowly sliding downwards meanwhile, although not quite so bad as it was in Feb this year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Still a long time to the election, mind you, but I'd still be betting on Biden right now.

Biden moved from -140 to -170 over the course of 3 days this week.  Trump is imploding.  I guess the only "good" part of the terrible poll numbers for him is that there are still over 130 days to go.

Biden is outflanking Trump on the one issue that carried trump over the edge in 2016: 

DL now showing Biden and Trump at a 46% tie...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

DL now showing Biden and Trump at a 46% tie...

Trump was actually leading before it became a tie with the forum, so I don’t know what you’re trying to point at...

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Trump was actually leading before it became a tie with the forum, so I don’t know what you’re trying to point at...

It was an unbiased statement pointing out Trump and Biden are in a draw, I wasnt gloating if thats what you were thinking...

• Like 1

I noticed something interesting on Bovada.  While Biden is -150 to win the election with Trump at +135 (they have others listed like Hillary Clinton and Pence), they have a separate prop where the Democratic Party is at -180 and the Republican Party is at +135.  I guess they are building into the party odds the possibility that one or both of them may not make it to Election Day. 

Biden's poll numbers still look pretty strong, with sizable leads in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida.  Arizona is neck-and-neck, and even Georgia and Texas look like swing states.  If you believe the polling, anyway.   

Biden is expected to announce his VP selection as soon as later today, but no later than on Wednesday, per this NY Times article.  

I was thinking for the longest time that it was going to be Kamala Harris, and it still may be, but circumstances have now led me to believe that he is going to select Susan Rice, which I believe would be a mistake.  A couple of weeks ago, it was thought that Biden was going to make the announcement during the first week of August.  Then that Politico article hit, where Chris Dodd (a former senator and the leader of his VP search committee) made some disparaging remarks about Harris.  There was blowback because of that, and Harris-backers actually had a call with the Biden camp later that week.  Then an announcement was made that the decision was going to be delayed until the week of August 10.  Unless he legitimately could not make up his mind until he got right down to the wire--and that stuff rarely happens--my theory is that if the pick was Harris, they wouldn't have delayed it.  If the pick was Harris, you'd want to get out in front of that blowback immediately.  But if the pick is not her, delaying it so that some of the blowback dies down would make sense.  So that's why I think it's not Harris.  We'll find out soon enough.  

• Like 1

I’m not sure if there’s really any VP that is actually a great choice. You’re right that Susan Rice isn’t the greatest choice in the world, but neither is Kamala, who has an abysmal record as AG (she fined parents for truant students and she did not prosecute the bank that Steve Mnuchin worked on). I personally think it’s either Susan Rice or its Gretchen Whitmer. I’d be a little surprise if it’s someone else, but it’s not impossible for someone else to get it I guess. 
As for personal preference, well, if there was one it’ll probably be Karen Bass. Of the potential Biden VP’s she is the least abysmal of all of them, which is why she probably isn’t going to be her anyhow. But we’ll see soon enough. 

Apparently this is the speaker list for the upcoming convention, this might narrow down the list of potential VP contenders remaining. Or it might just be a bit misleading: 

Is it true that Biden has been TOLD that his VP running mate has to be a black female?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Is it true that Biden has been TOLD that his VP running mate has to be a black female?

There has been some pressure, yes. From the usual suspects like Van Jones. But it's not an "official" obligation.

I think Kamala is the best choice, considering the circumstances. She conveniently simply happens to be black, but would be in the running even without the race issue.

I do think people are overestimating how helpful Kamala would be to Biden. She didn’t even make it to the Iowa caucus which showed how bad of a choice she would be on the ballot. Not to mention the bad choices as attorney general that could hurt his chances. So yeah. 
I definitely would not be surprised if Kamala is VP but I really don’t think she’s the best choice at all...

Well, the first rule for a VP is "do no harm"... Harris might be the best choice in that regard.

I kind of thought Tammy Baldwin deserved more recognition. But a lesbian VP might still be too much of a shock for those delicate flowers.

Left: Defund the police

Also the left: appoints ex cop as Biden's VP nominee.

Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, the first rule for a VP is "do no harm"... Harris might be the best choice in that regard.

I kind of thought Tammy Baldwin deserved more recognition. But a lesbian VP might still be too much of a shock for those delicate flowers.

I dont think its so much that she bats for her own team thats the problem, its the way everything LGBT is constantly being jammed down our throats. Like how we need to appoint people to positions of power just because they suck cock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I dont think its so much that she bats for her own team thats the problem, its the way everything LGBT is constantly being jammed down our throats. Like how we need to appoint people to positions of power just because they suck cock.

Not sure you'd have that particular issue with a lesbian VP.

• Haha 4

from the BBC report on that wrestler fella what died...

Annotation 2020-08-11 212905.png

a dead black VP would be even more radical than a black woman VP.

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

Not sure you'd have that particular issue with a lesbian VP.

I was just being colourful with the LGBT community in general... Its not that I have a problem in the slightest of people being happy with their sexualities and comfortable in their own skin, however I wouldnt be voting for someone based on those merits.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

its the way everything LGBT is constantly being jammed down our throats.

Is it? How? Where?

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Is it? How? Where?

Well you for starters xDDD

• Haha 1

Just now, Kenny McCormick said:

Well you for starters xDDD

I don’t understand...