Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

Was having a chit chat with Nadine Dorries recently. Captain Tom Moore is a member of her local Tory association.

Someone alert the leftie luvvies at the BBC. They'll instantly rescind the award then we won't have to hear about him every two bloody minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That aside, the new footage of Captain Tom on the SPOTY, he's clearly gone downhill rather since summer. I don't think he'll last another year.

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Was having a chit chat with Nadine Dorries recently. Captain Tom Moore is a member of her local Tory association.

Someone alert the leftie luvvies at the BBC. They'll instantly rescind the award then we won't have to hear about him every two bloody minutes.

Surprised the Tories have not made more of that then - would have thought that be a good selling point for them.

2 hours ago, msc said:

That aside, the new footage of Captain Tom on the SPOTY, he's clearly gone downhill rather since summer. I don't think he'll last another year.

Still fit enough to go to Barbados through.

14 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Colour me surprised. I had him down as too youthful to be a Tory. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Full circle, then - back in the 1940s he was fighting fascism!

17 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

The award is for 'Outstanding achievement in the face of adversity'. I imagine it's been terribly difficult having a number 1 single, being promoted to colonel, being knighted by the Queen and launching a line of gin. Like @Deathrace I'm also wondering if walking up and down your garden classifies as a sport and if it does, where can I sign up?

I think Blankety-Blank counts as a competitive sport.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, time said:

I think Blankety-Blank counts as a competitive sport.

That's back at Christmas with Bradley Walsh. I'm fully expecting Captain Tom to be one of the panellists. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

That's back at Christmas with Bradley Walsh. I'm fully expecting Captain Tom to be one of the panellists. :facepalm:

You could be onto something - IMDB lists Sue Perkins, Amir Khan & Jimmy Carr, so they're obviously keeping the others quiet for a reason (The others are probably Lorraine Chase & Sandra Dickinson).

• Haha 1

On 22/09/2020 at 23:44, msc said:

Everyone can do the Day Today sketch here...

"In 1990, he wasn't deathlisty. In 1991, he wasn't deathlisty. In 1992, he wasn't deathlisty. In 1993, he wasn't deathlisty... (sped up for sanity)... in 2019, he wasn't deathlisty, in 2020, he is deathlisty. Hell at the rate of fame he's suddenly got he might replace Boris before Christmas..."

The guy's had 6 fucking documentaries in the last 4 months. I know because I watched them all. Hey, there was a fucking lockdown on the go... :lol:

Called it! :lol:

Him being #50 and the oldest newbie on this list he is a lock to go this year

1 minute ago, DeathClock said:

The 50 pick has been associated with murderers in recent years but used to be Clive Dunn`s regular spot.

On 20/12/2020 at 21:03, RoverAndOut said:

The award is for 'Outstanding achievement in the face of adversity'. I imagine it's been terribly difficult having a number 1 single, being promoted to colonel, being knighted by the Queen and launching a line of gin. Like @Deathrace I'm also wondering if walking up and down your garden classifies as a sport and if it does, where can I sign up?

Rob Burrow would have been a much better choice, being an actual sportsman and facing the adversity of MND, whereas Captain Tom will probably outlive him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

Lets fucking hope so

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Lets fucking hope so

"GRIMS FAVOURITE GRANDPA" nailed on DDP headline. :lol:

btw, isn't Schultz older? Asking in general, Grim doesnt need to google it. Hah. On the whiskys!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

"GRIMS FAVOURITE GRANDPA" nailed on DDP headline. :lol:

btw, isn't Schultz older? Asking in general, Grim doesnt need to google it. Hah. On the whiskys!

Moore is around eight months older. Tom's the Oldest newbie AND oldest on the list.

• Like 1

It was always going to end this way. Raises 30-odd million (sort of), made an honorary colonel, scores a Number 1 single, made a knight of the realm, brings out a gin, wins the Helen Rollason Award at SPOTY...OF COURSE he was going on the Deathlist.

Hopefully he's a one hit wonder and we can all move on from this strange cult ASAP.

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

It was always going to end this way. Raises 30-odd million (sort of), made an honorary colonel, scores a Number 1 single, made a knight of the realm, brings out a gin, wins the Helen Rollason Award at SPOTY...OF COURSE he was going on the Deathlist.

Hopefully he's a one hit wonder and we can all move on from this strange cult ASAP.

I suspect there will be a film at some point but he'll be long gone by then. Who will play him? 

12 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I suspect there will be a film at some point but he'll be long gone by then. Who will play him? 

Kirk Douglas?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Peter Falk? 

No doubt when he dies his vile family will charge the media to view his open casket...

And we will definitely have the media tell us how much money he raised for the NHS, when he didn't raise a penny for the NHS...

Lazy, lazy, lazy inclusion. Keenan, Shakespeare and Shane's Dad rank higher. 

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Lazy, lazy, lazy inclusion. Keenan, Shakespeare and Shane's Dad rank higher. 

Like it or loathe it, he's very famous right now and will obit easily. One of the few genuinely decent new entrants this year.

16 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

Like it or loathe it, he's very famous right now and will obit easily. One of the few genuinely decent new entrants this year.

Thank you for using the phrase "he's very famous right now". On that basis get a copy of Hello and fill all fifty in. If he survives the year, which he probably will, then no one will will even remember him this time next year.