Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

4 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Thank you for using the phrase "he's very famous right now". On that basis get a copy of Hello and fill all fifty in. If he survives the year, which he probably will, then no one will will even remember him this time next year.  

You're most welcome.

Let's see how right you are in 2022 then...

1 minute ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

You're most welcome.

Let's see how right you are in 2022 then...

What a very peculiar and slightly too personal reply. Goodbye. 

Just now, Bentrovato said:

What a very peculiar and slightly too personal reply. Goodbye. 

Byeeee! :P

Surprised we’ve not seen him getting vaccinated or have I missed it? 

22 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

He disappeared to Barbados on holiday. Seriously.

At 100, I'd rather die a week long death watching the seaview, doing something I've wanted to do for deacades probably. Rather than a long, safe and miserable death in a care home surrounded by a bunch of empty souls.

Plus he saved the lives of at least thousands. When the Corona-Karens do nothing but whine!

2 hours ago, friedbutty said:

At 100, I'd rather die a week long death watching the seaview, doing something I've wanted to do for deacades probably. Rather than a long, safe and miserable death in a care home surrounded by a bunch of empty souls.

Plus he saved the lives of at least thousands. When the Corona-Karens do nothing but whine!

Whose life did he save?!

I have nothing against him. It's his family who are whoring out his image.

On 02/01/2021 at 17:45, friedbutty said:

He's not saved anyone. The money he raised went to NHS Charities Together, not directly to the NHS.  A very worthy cause, and at least it's a legitimate charity,  the money may go towards making waiting areas nicer and that sort of thing, but it's not going to pay for a MRI scanner or extra ICU nurses.

• Like 5

On 04/01/2021 at 21:18, Vinegar Tits said:

He's not saved anyone. The money he raised went to NHS Charities Together, not directly to the NHS.  A very worthy cause, and at least it's a legitimate charity,  the money may go towards making waiting areas nicer and that sort of thing, but it's not going to pay for a MRI scanner or extra ICU nurses.

Jesus Christ. This society's such a pissfest that it goes to decoration rather than actual treatment or med producing? Dunno why I gets out of bed.

10 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Had been wondering about him as he had gone quiet with the big announcement about him getting the vaccine not coming.

He is likely fucked.

• Like 1

Well, he’s both the oldest debutant and is right at the #50 spot. Two things that have been proven to be cursed in recent years, so yeah, not surprising that this will likely kill him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

He is likely fucked.

You would think so being how he has been treated at home for a week anyway.

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Had been wondering about him as he had gone quiet with the big announcement about him getting the vaccine not coming.

I don't understand why he didn't get one of the first doses. He would have had the second before December was out and most likely wouldn't be where he is now. 

Yes I know he went away but there was a three week window for that. 

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I don't understand why he didn't get one of the first doses. He would have had the second before December was out and most likely wouldn't be where he is now. 

I think he left for Barbados only a couple of days after Keenan got the first dose.

Yeah he's going to not make it given how old he is and whatever other conditions he may have. He probably got due to that holiday.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The statement makes clear that he was already ill with pneumonia before he got hospitalised... where he presumably caught COVID. Hospitals are still the #1 place for transmission.

I won’t bore anyone with a huge amount of detail but you CANNOT vaccinate someone with an existing temperature, due to potential adverse effects. That goes for any vaccines, not just COVID ones. The body is already fighting illness and mounting any more stress on it, particularly for a man of nearly 101, is careless.

well, there he goes

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The statement makes clear that he was already ill with pneumonia before he got hospitalised... where he presumably caught COVID. Hospitals are still the #1 place for transmission.

I won’t bore anyone with a huge amount of detail but you CANNOT vaccinate someone with an existing temperature, due to potential adverse effects. That goes for any vaccines, not just COVID ones. The body is already fighting illness and mounting any more stress on it, particularly for a man of nearly 101, is careless.

He caught it at home- he only went into hospital today.

On 01/01/2021 at 17:52, Bentrovato said:

Thank you for using the phrase "he's very famous right now". On that basis get a copy of Hello and fill all fifty in. If he survives the year, which he probably will, then no one will will even remember him this time next year.  

I highly doubt that. He'll likely be one of the more famous people (or symbols) of the (early) covid pandemic.

well he better hurry up if we're to have a hit in January

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He caught it at home- he only went into hospital today.

Fair enough. Still had pneumonia before COVID. And you still can’t vaccinate someone with a temperature.

• Like 1

Of all people I thought he/his family would be careful enough to avoid it. Perhaps the Barbados trip wasn't such a good idea after all.