Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

Even if by some miracle he survives this and returns home shortly he is going to be weakened by this as after all he is 100, will be surprised if he makes it to his Birthday in April and amazed if he makes it into next year, just a matter of time. 

Although i wish him well and hope he recovers, the coverage over Sir Tom Moore's exploits have gone well over the top, a Knighthood for essentially walking up and down your Garden with a walker and all the other accolades, he personally didn't donate a penny to the NHS it was the public who sent the money in. It did get to the stage when he was never off the TV, crazy really, their are people who have done a hell of a lot more for this country during the pandemic than Tom Moore did but don't get the recognition because they are not old and not a media darling like Tom Moore is. 

• Like 2

Rule flouter. Bet he’s been hitting those illegal raves too!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Rule flouter. Bet he’s been hitting those illegal raves too!

raver.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The statement makes clear that he was already ill with pneumonia before he got hospitalised... where he presumably caught COVID. Hospitals are still the #1 place for transmission.

I won’t bore anyone with a huge amount of detail but you CANNOT vaccinate someone with an existing temperature, due to potential adverse effects. That goes for any vaccines, not just COVID ones. The body is already fighting illness and mounting any more stress on it, particularly for a man of nearly 101, is careless.

Fuck me. Which medical school did you go to?

Well after raising all that money for covid it’s only fair he has a go with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fair enough. Still had pneumonia before COVID. And you still can’t vaccinate someone with a temperature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dunno if it's relevant but all the ravens from the Tower of London just flew in my kitchen window and their leader said; "We're out of there, Mate!"

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I asked my flatmate about it upon seeing the news. He’s a GP.

If you don’t believe him then go to this NHS page; 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/

B1ACCBF0-9E28-4DE4-9A79-FF7C4AD196AA.jpeg

I can confirm this as your local friendly asthmatic who gets the flu jag and is prone to winter bugs.

Reading his Wiki (I know) page, seems he had a bit of trouble similar to Pele in the marital department earlier in his life. But fair play judging by age of his daughter he managed to "get the train into Paddington station" sometime in his fifties....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, amh10 said:

Not doubting what you have said, just curious how your GP mate knows that hospitals are a hotbed of transmission?

I’m unaware of anyone denying that hospitals are hotbeds for infections? The media, the NHS, even the government are pretty candid about that.

Precautions are ofc taken to avoid transmission as much as possible but given that the particles are airborne and given just how contagious it is, it’s understandable why this would be near impossible to stop. 

One COVID particle can’t make a healthy person sick with the virus. A larger number of particles will, but the “infectious dose” is significantly reduced if the person is already ill due to their immune system being compromised. Therefore it would be easy for those who are already sick in an environment where it exists to catch it. It would be impossible to safeguard against every single COVID particle in such places. Interesting article on viral loads/infectious doses here. HSJ article here about the impossibility of preventing hospital patients catching ‘rona.

In saying that, I think far too many in hospitals in the U.K. are catching it whilst they’re in-patients. It could definitely be better controlled than it currently is.

Not so fucking honourable is he now, eh?

Yeah, this oxygen thief takes up a bed in an already hugely pressurised hospital system. I don't see him giving up that bed so he can simply die at his large and generously appointed home, looking out at the garden he so dearly loves.

Rant over.

(He's top of me Hartlepool list, he'd being doing me a favour).

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not so fucking honourable is he now, eh?

Yeah, this oxygen thief takes up a bed in an already hugely pressurised hospital system. I don't see him giving up that bed so he can simply die at his large and generously appointed home, looking out at the garden he so dearly loves.

I’m by no means one of those obsequious people that lavishes him with praise 24/7, but this is a very twattish post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’m by no means one of those obsequious people that lavishes him with praise 24/7, but this is a very twattish post.

Takes a twat to spot one.;)

• Facepalm 1

Up until recently I worked in the emergency department of the hospital he has been admitted to. I’m surprised he went to that particular hospital given where he lives and there is a bigger, possibly better equipped hospital only slightly further away. A lot of it depends on where the ambulance has been sent from tho & how close they are to clocking off! 

• Like 1

I know of two people who caught it in hospital but luckily both managed to get through without any complications.

• Like 1

A full month without a death has past. Could he still be the first January death? 

stay-tuned-to-find-out-what-is-going-on.png

I mean, at least he had a fairly phenomenal last 12 months if this is the end.  

38 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I mean, at least he had a fairly phenomenal last 12 months if this is the end.  

I mean compared to XXXTentacion's final year he's basically had gardening leave.

I can't believe someone as iconic as Captain Tom , at the age of 100, wasn't one of the first to be vaccinated ! 

His heroic story will not be complete unless he lays down his life to the enemy ie corona. Lying on a sunbed in Barbados didn't seem right at all to me ! 

7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I can't believe someone as iconic as Captain Tom , at the age of 100, wasn't one of the first to be vaccinated ! 

Thought you weren't coming back. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t actually have COVID. It was a diversion tactic so he could carry out a coup in Myanmar. It’s on Wikipedia so must be true, right?

516985C4-8425-489B-A659-39C0238F45DA.jpeg

• Haha 20