Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

If he survives this he will be such a hero that there will undoubtedly be a bevy of topless stunners willing to wheel him round his garden* (this is not a euphemism) for as long as he can take it.

• Like 1

The picture the BBC website chose along with the headline looks a bit distasteful 

0E5089C1-38D8-4C34-9285-717F2FEE54BB.png

A few people seem to have been proclaiming death. It's labelled false but worth keeping an eye on

3 minutes ago, Elephant said:

A few people seem to have been proclaiming death. It's labelled false but worth keeping an eye on

Your hyperlink doesn't lead anywhere...

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Your hyperlink doesn't lead anywhere...

Whoops. Accidentally copy pasted another link. Edited.

7 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Immediately underneath his original RIP tweet he corrects himself and says he had the wrong information.

9 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Immediately underneath his original RIP tweet he corrects himself and says he had the wrong information.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why the fuck is it worth keeping an eye on? :sherlock:

Tanya Roberts...

Just now, Elephant said:

Tanya Roberts...

I seriously doubt some random German user on Twitter has inside info on Captain Tom Moore.

I think this is more of a case of you wanting some Forum kudos but not having anything worthy of posting so you just spam with total shite and hope it will be received well.

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Tanya Roberts...

Yes, she was worth keeping an eye on when younger, but now she is sadly dead.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, time said:

Probably worth keeping an eye on!

Like Tanya Roberts you mean?

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

:pop:

I’m conflicted on whether that’s the case. He’s not in ICU. Next couple of days will be critical in determining what happens. 

Either way I still reckon he’s a goner this year given how frail he appears to be.

He is a goner and much quicker than you would expect. 

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’m conflicted on whether that’s the case. He’s not in ICU. Next couple of days will be critical in determining what happens. 

Either way I still reckon he’s a goner this year given how frail he appears to be.

At 100 they often don't put you in ICU. Visitors are banned unless you likely to die within the next 24 hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

At 100 they often don't put you in ICU. Visitors are banned unless you likely to die within the next 24 hours.

I agree with you on your second sentence.

You've lost me on your first point – at the start of the pandemic there was a moral debate about designating ventilators/ICU beds to those "more deserving" of it if we were faced with a shortage, i.e. younger people with longer lives ahead of them first etc. but as things stand there isn't currently a shortage of ICU beds in the country. If he needed one he'd be given it surely? I wasn't aware of the NHS operating any kind of age-related policy, official or otherwise, as to whether they bother giving you an ICU bed if needed?

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I agree with you on your second sentence.

You've lost me on your first point – at the start of the pandemic there was a moral debate about designating ventilators/ICU beds to those "more deserving" of it if we were faced with a shortage, i.e. younger people with longer lives ahead of them first etc. but as things stand there isn't currently a shortage of ICU beds in the country. If he needed one he'd be given it surely? I wasn't aware of the NHS operating any kind of age-related policy, official or otherwise, as to whether they bother giving you an ICU bed if needed?

When you 100 ventilation is rarely appropriate and therefore people ill at that age Doctors don't always recommend ICU.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

When you 100 ventilation is rarely appropriate and therefore people ill at that age Doctors don't always recommend ICU.

You don't have to be in ICU to be on either a ventilator or an oxygen supply though?

Anyway, I've changed my mind. Just conversed with my GP flatmate. He said that there was no way the family would be allowed in unless the hospital were reasonably confident that he wasn't going to make it. He's a goner.

Do moderators believe the time has now come to code his name before we are all on the front page of the Sun and Daily Mail as unpatriotic, sick bastards?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1