Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

I bet Michael Ball is recording his version of Candle in the Wind as we speak (that man loves a bandwagon).

And I can't wait for the Captain Tom easter eggs to go on sale.

• Haha 1

Now that the nation is in need of a new national hero I'd like to put my name in the ring.

After 11 months of doing next to fuck all, 100 laps of my garden is about the extent of my current physical fitness.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Very fucking much. It’s plastered everywhere. We’ll all be wearing Cpt Moore face masks soon and his YNWA cover with Michael cunting Ball will likely be UK no.1 again this week.

Good news for Michael Ball then. The only one gaining out of that monstrosity.

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum when I say I wish he was not the first hit.He is someone we can all emolate though for his brave fortitude in doing all that stuff for charity. The best of British ! 

You talk some amount of shite.  Also, why are you back? 

Basically he was an old man who walked round his garden and raised a shitload of money for the NHS charities.  Practically no one would have known him until the last year or so of his life.

He could have been a serial killer, wife beater, rapist or worse still a civil servant.  (That was a joke btw) 

Notapotato was a regular  hereabouts for a while and also a resident of Germany

Just wondering if he, or any other poster living in those parts has head a quiet popping of a cork and some muttering about which descendent of that cork-popping family was shot dead by Captain Tom back in the day. 

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

100-year-old man in hospital with pneumonia and Covid-19 dies. What exactly was shocking about it? Give it a break, Iain.

I've more or less said the same about my social media feeds. Why are people getting so upset about him dying? They don't know him, would never have known him even if he'd lived another year or two; he stands more chance of raising another few million for the NHS now he's dead to be quite honest. Why aren't people celebrating that?

• Like 2

Anyway, Thursday night at 8, clap for Tom. 

Be there.

56 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Now that the nation is in need of a new national hero I'd like to put my name in the ring.

After 11 months of doing next to fuck all, 100 laps of my garden is about the extent of my current physical fitness.

So many? I think I could manage 10 max at the moment.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Good news for Michael Ball then. The only one gaining out of that monstrosity.

If there is a rule of three, Ball should be worried. Two singers of You'll Never Walk Alone dead in a month. 

Who's the oldest living number one artist now? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Basically he was an old man who walked round his garden and raised a shitload of money for the NHS charities.  Practically no one would have known him until the last year or so of his life...

Lies! He was on Blankety Blank!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

If there is a rule of three, Ball should be worried. Two singers of You'll Never Walk Alone dead in a month. 

Who's the oldest living number one artist now? 

Same person me and @Ulitzer95 agreed on in the Tony Bennett thread, when we forgot Captain Tom was now a thing. Jane Morgan, 97 in May, was #1 in 1959 with 'The Day the Rains Came'. Tony Bennett is currently still 2nd at 95 in August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

He genuinely just got a breaking news interruption on BBC1 at the last break in programming. As if this couldn't possibly wait until 6pm. Anybody remember the last person to get that kind of send off? I don't feel it's something I've seen recently...

As others have previously said, a man whose fame was entirely reliant on the pandemic has been felled by the pandemic. Fitting really. Pleased the exploitation of this man for others' gain can now come to an end - at the end of the day, he just wanted to raise a bit of money for the NHS and regain his mobility after a fall. He didn't ask for the circus that followed, however much it benefitted him personally. That's tomorrow's front pages sorted. Rest in Peace, Captain.

Bruce Forsyth did - not sure if anyone since.

2 hours ago, time said:

Anyway, Thursday night at 8, clap for Tom. 

Be there.

Sorry, apparently its at 7.

ImageImage

image.png.76023013744e97ba5bafabdf1bef1dc4.png

Didn't we make this joke 4 years ago? It could've at least been something like "Captain Tom Mourn" or something.

image.png.cacea1a120f683451910f80bc654c8a0.png

4 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

image.png.76023013744e97ba5bafabdf1bef1dc4.png

Didn't we make this joke 4 years ago? It could've at least been something like "Captain Tom Mourn" or something.

image.png.cacea1a120f683451910f80bc654c8a0.png

Obviously enjoy rehashing old puns :D 

• Like 1

I must say I am shocked at some of the negative comments on twitter and el;sewhere,People are  saying he was responsible for his own death because he went to the Bahamas on holiday. How quickly people are to trash heroism and good deeds ! It makes me despair of humanity ! :angry:

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

I must say I am shocked at some of the negative comments on twitter and el;sewhere,People are  saying he was responsible for his own death because he went to the Bahamas on holiday. How quickly people are to trash heroism and good deeds ! It makes me despair of humanity ! :angry:

Talking shite again.  What kind of fucking idiot flies abroad during a pandemic?  

• Like 1

On 16/04/2020 at 21:52, CoffinLodger said:

I must admit I thought it was in one way great that a 99 year old man wants to do this but at the same time not a great look for the country that the NHS has to rely on charity like this.Surely one of the richest countries in the world can do better than this ! 

PS if it turns oiut he used some of the money to buy a retirement villa in the Bahamas I for one wouldn't begrudge him it!

I stand by this post ! I am glad he sort of followed my advice !

31 minutes ago, time said:

Sorry, apparently its at 7.

ImageImage

The sycophantic love-in of this man is one thing, but when they're making inflatable sex dolls to his likeliness, I feel a line has been crossed.

On Groundhog day of all days.

R.I.P. Captain.

It's almost a year since he signed a deal with coronavirus at the crossroads.

RIP to the only DL name with a bit of spunk.  I’ll miss him.