Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

4 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

If his family are with him, this doesn't good at all.

Sadly not.The first hit is clearly imminent, but I would have preferred  if it was someone else such as Bob Dole...:(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

If his family are with him, this doesn't good at all.

Well indeed.

"Here's your inheritance, a nasty dose of the COVID. If you keep it long enough, you might be able to trade it in for a variant in time. Now, where's me intubation?"

You just don't get to see COVID patients.

« Ground Control to Major Tom
Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may God's love be with you »

Do you think he'll get a state funeral? :unsure: (covid rules allowing of course)

13 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Do you think he'll get a state funeral? :unsure: (covid rules allowing of course)

Well what the fuck do you think, Iain? :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Yes. He could lie in state at the Palace of Westminster so nobody can come to file past.

• Haha 1

It'll be Saint Sir Captain Tom before long

2 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Two people have already promoted him to Major, one thinks he is getting a state funeral, I'm not sure a knighthood and beatification will be sufficient.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Too much of a shagger for that carry on.

54 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Yes. He could lie in state at the Palace of Westminster so nobody can come to file past.

Could be the worlds first virtual state funeral.People could pay to log on to watch with the money going to the NHS ! Or is that a really dumb and unworkable idea? :unsure:

Or maybe as a tribute to his charity walk they could just carry his coffin round the cathedral 100 times before burying him !  

• Haha 2

The BBC are obviously a bit worried not to miss the end. His story disappeared from the opening "welcome to the BBC" page of their site overnight  and was shoved into general news. But it popped up again on the opening page early this morning. Do they know something? 

14 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

The BBC are obviously a bit worried not to miss the end. His story disappeared from the opening "welcome to the BBC" page of their site overnight  and was shoved into general news. But it popped up again on the opening page early this morning. Do they know something? 

Only the obvious.That he is end of life.

23 hours ago, Elephant said:

Can't find it to have been mentioned, but he told doctors not to resuscitate him in September after a fall.

Even if he didn't have one upon going into the hospital the family would have  been  encouraged to have signed one by now.

12 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I'm sure that is against the rules or is it because he is famous now.

When you think of all the people that have died 'alone' in hospital or care home where their family has not been allowed to visit because of covid restrictions, I know that I would be a bit upset if it were my family.

12 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I'm sure that is against the rules or is it because he is famous now.

When you think of all the people that have died 'alone' in hospital or care home where their family has not been allowed to visit because of covid restrictions, I know that I would be a bit upset if it were my family.

Not sure if it's a national thing, but in these parts people are allowed to visit family members if they are about to die. Which is compassionate, but also nuts as hospitals are the best place to go if you want to catch, and spread, Covid.

I think most hospitals now have procedures in place for terminal Covid patients to be visited one last time.

I wonder if he'll do a Jane Tomlinson and survive for ages, perhaps doing a sponsored walk round his ward.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Dead. BBC News announce.

He is no moore

• Like 1