Paul Bearer

Captain Tom Moore

1 minute ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Very Sad news and not the 1st hit of 2021 we were all expecting.

The main page already updated.

2021 killing off the plot threads from 2020.

Ah he was just a frail old man who loved the NHS (it having saved his life months before covid hit) - I don't think he was in full compos mentis understanding of everyone else from family to government running the Captain Tom thing as meme.

• Like 2

He had a good innings

• Like 1

RIP to a decent bloke.  

I thought when he had pneumonia that he didn’t have too long left but 100 is a great age and he will be well remembered.

• Like 1

Sad news. I think it will put me temporarily top of the DDP though.

A Steve Irwin award, done-in by what made him famous.

• Like 2

Just gonna mention the string of #50 hits.

Ian Brady (2017)

Mark E Smith (2018)

Johnny Clegg (2019)

Peter Sutcliffe (2020)

Tom Moore (2021)

Should also mention that Smith was also a first hit of the year.

EDIT: Moore also contributes to the string of oldest debut name dying:

Luise Rainer (2014)

Kirk Kerkorian (2015)

Boutros Boutros-Ghali (2016)

David Rockefeller (2017)

Barbara Bush (2018)

Tony Britton (2019)

Carl Reiner (2020)

Tom Moore (2021)

• Like 4

I think it's really great that he had such an extraordinary last year of life (and hopefully other great years before).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Ian Brady (2017)

Mark E Smith (2018)

Johnny Clegg (2019)

Peter Sutcliffe (2020)

Tom Moore (2021)

Early nomination for #50 Nicola Sturgeon, 2022.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Early nomination for #50 Nicola Sturgeon, 2022.

Can we grab Trump in there in 2022 and get him out the way...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems he had a long good life and a memorable last year (for others anyway).

Memo to self - This is what happens when you send your Cup team in 3-4 days before the deadline....

I think I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum when I say I wish he was not the first hit.He is someone we can all emolate though for his brave fortitude in doing all that stuff for charity. The best of British ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum when I say I wish he was not the first hit.He is someone we can all emolate though for his brave fortitude in doing all that stuff for charity. The best of British ! 

That was quite a break from the forum hiatus that Kenny announced for you. It actually lasted a full five minutes. I’m shocked. 

Such a shame. He united a nation. May he rest 

He genuinely just got a breaking news interruption on BBC1 at the last break in programming. As if this couldn't possibly wait until 6pm. Anybody remember the last person to get that kind of send off? I don't feel it's something I've seen recently...

As others have previously said, a man whose fame was entirely reliant on the pandemic has been felled by the pandemic. Fitting really. Pleased the exploitation of this man for others' gain can now come to an end - at the end of the day, he just wanted to raise a bit of money for the NHS and regain his mobility after a fall. He didn't ask for the circus that followed, however much it benefitted him personally. That's tomorrow's front pages sorted. Rest in Peace, Captain.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

He genuinely just got a breaking news interruption on BBC1 at the last break in programming. As if this couldn't possibly wait until 6pm. Anybody remember the last person to get that kind of send off? I don't feel it's something I've seen recently...

As others have previously said, a man whose fame was entirely reliant on the pandemic has been felled by the pandemic. Fitting really. Pleased the exploitation of this man for others' gain can now come to an end - at the end of the day, he just wanted to raise a bit of money for the NHS and regain his mobility after a fall. He didn't ask for the circus that followed, however much it benefitted him personally. That's tomorrow's front pages sorted. Rest in Peace, Captain.

I think the nation is in mourning .Very traumatic  for the country. Only the Queens death would be more sad or shocking right now ! Theyve gone to rolling news coverage on the news channels.Probably there will be extended news buletins on the main channels too. Huge death 

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think the nation is in mourning .Very traumatic  for the country. Only the Queens death would be more sad or shocking right now !

100-year-old man in hospital with pneumonia and Covid-19 dies. What exactly was shocking about it? Give it a break, Iain.

Sad news :( If I can pack in just some of what he did I'll die happy.

He certainly lived a life and has left a marvellous legacy behind though. RIP, Sir! :salute:

• Like 2

EtPCMoZXAAIifKg.jpg

• Haha 3

Sad news for 99 years a true legend who with quiet dignity served the nation.  Then for 6 months his greedy daughter whored him out to everyone, getting books and even gin named after him so she could profit.  RIP to a British hero.

• Like 1

Turns out he went into hospital on jan 12 for 10 days then discharged. How did they keep it secret?! 

8 minutes ago, Beachy Head said:

Then for 6 months his greedy daughter whored him out to everyone, getting books and even gin named after him so she could profit.  

Nah from what I've seen he enjoyed the limelight a lot. Like if you were that age and you suddenly became a megastar wouldn't you capitalise on that before you died?

48 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Ian Brady (2017)

Mark E Smith (2018)

Johnny Clegg (2019)

Peter Sutcliffe (2020)

Tom Moore (2021)

How would you put these five in order from good to bad for what they did/achieved in their lives? I'd go:

1 Tom Moore

2 Johnny Clegg

3= Ian Brady

3= Peter Sutcliffe

5 Mark E Smith

• Like 1