msc

48. Tom Baker

33 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not really. I mean I remember my grandparents and great grandparents. In their 80s the overweight ones considerably slimmed down. Just comes with the territory. One of them lived to be 104, so wasn’t anything wrong with him. Hard to retain weight at that age. Looks quite active to be honest. I would say a few years left in him yet.

I was just going to say the same thing. Just checked and he's 86 - I'm not surprised he's looking a bit thinner but I wouldn't expect him to go anytime soon based on his current activity.

• Like 3

Publicity photo for latest Big Finish release ..he's looking pretty good for a nearly 87 year old ! 

Louise_Jameson2C_Tom_Baker2C_Lucy_Briggs-Owen2C_Charlotte_Bate.jpg

44 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Publicity photo for latest Big Finish release ..he's looking pretty good for a nearly 87 year old ! 

Louise_Jameson2C_Tom_Baker2C_Lucy_Briggs-Owen2C_Charlotte_Bate.jpg

What with Covid being a thing since March 2020, I am assuming this photo precedes this time (the lack of social distancing would be frowned upon especially with an octogenarian in attendance?) 

I also have read that Big Finish sometimes record their product years in advance of them being released/ having a press release so the photo isn't as helpful in that regard.

I think that photo is from circa July 2019 so not recent.

@msc posted a photo from circa December on the previous page.

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Come to think of it they're not very socially distanced in that pic are they.Must be pre covid...

53 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well within the previous 5 or so months at least.

Tom tends to do things from home now anyway, both for covid and also because of his age (and previous health issues).

• Like 2

What were his previous health issues out of interest?

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What were his previous health issues out of interest?

Not sure tbh, he was unwell about 3 years ago and folk were quite deliberately vague about it when trying to find out more - it sounded like typical 80 year former alcoholic aging stuff rather than something grave, but I also note my main actor source on this has since actually died themselves!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Come to think of it they're not very socially distanced in that pic are they.Must be pre covid...

No shit Sherlock. 

Er3IL-QXAAEbYAe?format=jpg&name=large

Recent interview with the great man.Not much new, he misses Waitrose in lockdown, is nervous of dying (he previously called it the great unresolved cliffhanger in life) and "has a life to dream!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

Er3IL-QXAAEbYAe?format=jpg&name=large

Recent interview with the great man.Not much new, he misses Waitrose in lockdown, is nervous of dying (he previously called it the great unresolved cliffhanger in life) and "has a life to dream!"

Judging by that pic he doesn't have to worry too much about dying for a few years yet ! 

I wonder if he could end up being the longest lived of all the Doctor Who's? Obviously he has lived longer than Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee (and Hurt if he counts) and some of his successors are not ageing that well. 

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

I wonder if he could end up being the longest lived of all the Doctor Who's? Obviously he has lived longer than Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee (and Hurt if he counts) and some of his successors are not ageing that well. 

Pete Davison is in fantastic shape for a man of his age so he could be a contender. Plus you have to factor in all the reboot doctors who aren't old enough to judge yet. Then theres Slyvester McCoy who is looking his age but theres nothing really wrong with him. The only doctor who I confidently see not reaching 86 at the moment is Colin Baker who is pushing 80 and obese. 

44 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Pete Davison is in fantastic shape for a man of his age so he could be a contender. Plus you have to factor in all the reboot doctors who aren't old enough to judge yet. Then theres Slyvester McCoy who is looking his age but theres nothing really wrong with him. The only doctor who I confidently see not reaching 86 at the moment is Colin Baker who is pushing 80 and obese. 

I hope Colin doesn't go too soon as in my view he and Tom appear to be easily the nicest of the living Doctors by a country mile. 

On 16/01/2021 at 20:06, CoffinLodger said:

Judging by that pic he doesn't have to worry too much about dying for a few years yet ! 

I suspect that's an older picture. I saw a video of him from last October and he doesn't look grand:

• Sad 1

Tom Baker, this week. He's certainly aging now but in better nick than 99.9% of 88 year old former alcoholics. 

FSpu1gSXEAADqEs?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 9

He's currently trending because midway during a Big Finish recording his phone rang:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Latest Popbitch newsletter mentions that he's just sold his very nice house in the East Sussex countryside. Moving somewhere less remote with better support/medical services perhaps?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/126537803#/?channel=RES_BUY

He used to live near me - summat we discussed years ago hereabouts. A fairly regular site in the local Tesco's, and very fond of Costa Coffee in the supermarket. Sure I've mentioned before I once came close to clattering him, totally his fault, I was jogging past the newsagents and he came out with his head in - I think - The Daily Mail, wandering right onto the pavement without looking, obliging me to take evasive action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prussianblue said:

Latest Popbitch newsletter mentions that he's just sold his very nice house in the East Sussex countryside. Moving somewhere less remote with better support/medical services perhaps?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/126537803#/?channel=RES_BUY

I hope he's moving to somewhere that's much bigger than it looks from the outside.

• Like 2

New photo. It's from a merchandise group proving their signed photos are legit.

Fdwl3ZFWQAU6ZR4?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

New photo. It's from a merchandise group proving their signed photos are legit.

Fdwl3ZFWQAU6ZR4?format=jpg&name=small

He likely still has a lot of zest, spunk and fairly well working marbles then going by this photo.