msc

48. Tom Baker

26 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He likely still has a lot of zest, spunk and fairly well working marbles then going by this photo. 

Aye, he's not up to what he was five years ago, but compare him to most former boozehounds at that age!

Did you ever hear the late great Barry Letts comment on Baker from about fifteen years ago? "Tom is the only man I know who, as he grows older, is slowly going sane!" :D

• Haha 2

On 13/05/2022 at 19:26, msc said:

FSpu1gSXEAADqEs?format=jpg&name=large

4 hours ago, msc said:

Fdwl3ZFWQAU6ZR4?format=jpg&name=small

He's retrogenerating! He's turned into Jon Pertwee in May and William Hartnell by September! :D

Via Chibnall and fan gossip, Tom was invited to take part in the latest Dr Who story (filmed last year) but wasn't up to it physically at the time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Possibly one of the saddest videos I have seen was of Tom Baker becoming emotional when remembering his late co-star, Elisabeth Sladen. This clip is taken from the Our Sarah Jane tribute programme shown in April 2020:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, openviews said:

Great to see Tom still up and about despite recent speculation regarding his health.

https://x.com/conkamarvel123/status/1700772452270309858?s=61&t=hkSjmZZYj4UaY8qO8XYzFA

Tom was in hospital for six months according to the guy he is in the photograph with but ‘healthy now’.

https://reddit.com/r/doctorwho/s/VnWAiTxPfO

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

2 hours ago, openviews said:

Tom was in hospital for six months according to the guy he is in the photograph with but ‘healthy now’.

https://reddit.com/r/doctorwho/s/VnWAiTxPfO

From reading the Twitter replies. He was in hospital 6 months ago. Not for 6 months.

There's only a limited amount of conditions you can be in hospital for that amount of time i'm guessing.

• Like 1

Not sure how this fits in to recent news about the 4th Doctor, but this popped up on Facebook, talking about why he wasn't in the final Jodie Whittaker episode, where Davidson, Baker, McCoy and McGann returned. Apparently, he was "unavailable". The article seems to be vague as to whether he was physically unable or had other commitments, but I suspect the former?

image.png.d81d5ac6aa39989e86b3accd495eec08.png

12 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Not sure how this fits in to recent news about the 4th Doctor, but this popped up on Facebook, talking about why he wasn't in the final Jodie Whittaker episode, where Davidson, Baker, McCoy and McGann returned. Apparently, he was "unavailable". The article seems to be vague as to whether he was physically unable or had other commitments, but I suspect the former?

His health wasn't up to it, don't know anything more specific than that.

• Like 1

When the Tom Baker thread is brought up on DeathList, I'm like:

OFAH.gif

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

OFAH.gif

Sorry Ronnie! :unsure:

14 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

OFAH.gif

Put a note in your diary for 20 Jan next year then - yer man's 90th birthday!

• Like 1

He looks sadly very ill and frail in that photo.Think he should be on next year's list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

image.png.6ff22343a71cbc1c71c4b27826958f17.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

I've already bored some of you with this but I saw him qutie a few times in my local Tesco's years ago, or - to be more accurate - reading the paper in the Costa Coffee branch that's located in the Tesco's store. He loves  newspaper, I also almost collided with him (totally his fault) I was out running and passing the newsagents, he came out reading the paper and totally ignoring his surroundings, until he realised he was about to collide with me.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Another entrant for Didn't Happen of the Year me thinks.

And everyone in Waitrose clapped....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Another entrant for Didn't Happen of the Year me thinks.

And everyone in Waitrose clapped....

And his 2 year old son said "it's OK."

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Looks awful :(

Sure looks thin and old but awful ? I don’t think he’s at death door at all. Probably has a little time left imo

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Sure looks thin and old but awful ? I don’t think he’s at death door at all. Probably has a little time left imo

He is more than thin.Gaunt is the word I would use.His skin colour isn't great either and his skin also looks waxy. Agreed I doubt he will die imminently but he looks very seriously ill .Looks like a 2024 death to me. Looks ill and frail enough that a fall or cold could see him off.I wonder if it's cancer based on the weight loss.He is giving off John McCrirrick vibes of late.

Also he looked awful in the last photo a few weeks back and looks even sicker this time suggesting a prolonged decline.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

He is more than thin.Gaunt is the word I would use.His skin colour isn't great either and his skin also looks waxy. Agreed I doubt he will die imminently but he looks very seriously ill .Looks like a 2024 death to me. Looks ill and frail enough that a fall or cold could see him off.I wonder if it's cancer based on the weight loss.He is giving off John McCrirrick vibes of late.

Also he looked awful in the last photo a few weeks back and looks even sicker this time suggesting a prolonged decline.

Been on a slow decline for a few years but had to cut his workload massively 2 years ago. But then, as a regular drinking buddy of Jeffrey Bernard at one point, he's done well to get this old. He also said that death is the ultimate cliffhanger because no one tells you what happens afterwards!

• Like 1