maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2020

56 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

So, Pat Dye would have been the one to pick... his hospitalisation was known, but nobody picked him.

I would have to have heard of him first.

• Like 2

Pfft, can't even get a hit by the second day? Bunch of amateurs. B)B)B)B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Second day dawns and we're still in business as far as I can tell. 

So, we've been chasing the wrong ambulances this year, then. 

Might be out of here for several hours later on. So should we get white smoke today I'd appreciated someone posting the news including the q/o from Pig Breeders Weekly, or summat

FFS Day Three

Granted, there are more ambulances in general to chase during the C-19 frolics, but...seriously. 

Anyone got some inside track on the closest to a winning candidate we have on that list of 21 of the most "talented" low hangers?

Well, my pick Rebecca Shadowen sort of has daily updates "still in critical condition", but I guess with every further day victory moves away from me.

Killer Tim Brooks can't have much time left.

23 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, my pick Rebecca Shadowen sort of has daily updates "still in critical condition", but I guess with every further day victory moves away from me.

Killer Tim Brooks can't have much time left.

Aye, but this pool rumbles on. The - kind of - implicit aim is to line up 21 of the most talented picks and get a result my the 21st, midsummer. Doubtless we're on for that but if this pool were a pop video I like the idea it would be the one below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1IGjr2cT0

You ready Steve...?

Steve-Priest.jpg

Ah, shit, he wasn't - roll on day five, then

• Sad 1

On 03/06/2020 at 09:51, maryportfuncity said:

FFS Day Three

Granted, there are more ambulances in general to chase during the C-19 frolics, but...seriously. 

Anyone got some inside track on the closest to a winning candidate we have on that list of 21 of the most "talented" low hangers?

It won't be 'better and stronger' Glenn Keast who is recovering from the heart attack that made me pick him. FFS

I’m still keeping an eye on Tommy Palmer, who went into hospice care for lung cancer. But it’s probably going to be someone we don’t suspect at this point tbh...

37 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh wow, so the tension in this dead pool has risen from tepid to mildly warm 

This is what's known in entertainment circles as a shite knuckle ride

• Haha 4

Seems the Reaper has been taking a break the last week watching the BLM protests unfold on tv.

8 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Seems the Reaper has been taking a break the last week watching the BLM protests unfold on tv.

Aye, mind, there is talent on that list. I think this pool will see a sixth page, but not a seventh (MMMDP is only five pages)

No, actually this year picks are well below the MMMDP average. Who has the best odds?

1)Tommy Palmer: cancer hospice care means his time is limited. Likely the winner.

2)Killer Tim Brooks: really on borrowed time. He's the pick everyone need to beat.

3)Derek Draper: it does not seem imminent, but still good chance

4)Tom Smith: long time terminally ill, could go at any moment

5)Bhanwarlal Meghwal: still in a coma apparently, but stable enough to make me presume nothing is imminent

The rest of the picks should need a lucky strike to score.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

No, actually this year picks are well below the MMMDP average. Who has the best odds?

1)Tommy Palmer: cancer hospice care means his time is limited. Likely the winner.

2)Killer Tim Brooks: really on borrowed time. He's the pick everyone need to beat.

3)Derek Draper: it does not seem imminent, but still good chance

4)Tom Smith: long time terminally ill, could go at any moment

5)Bhanwarlal Meghwal: still in a coma apparently, but stable enough to make me presume nothing is imminent

The rest of the picks should need a lucky strike to score.

Cheers for your faith Drol - be bad form if #4 (i.e. my guy) won, mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Derek Draper to be in a coma forever? Maybe it's time to pull the plug!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11795984/kate-garraway-husband-derek-coma-coronavirus-2/

Imo the most humane thing his family could do is pull the plug 1 minute after Tim Brooks dies

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Book said:

Bad news. I think she keeps him alive as long as possible to get a lot of media attention.

Yeah, and - frankly - the MMMDP is fielding media calls from all over the planet asking wtf we'll have a winner

Well, Tommy Palmer just celebrated another birthday. 
Maybe he was just waiting for one last celebration before he goes...

19 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, and - frankly - the MMMDP is fielding media calls from all over the planet asking wtf we'll have a winner 

Yeah, and I would have thought I had won this shit for about 7 days now :lol:

• Like 1

Hmm

We might have something here

Photographic evidence suggests Ernest Angley (Torva's pick) may already be dead and have had himself replaced by a double sculpted entirely from luncheon meat

Ernest%20Angley_1535220620820.jpg_957148

• Haha 3

Tomorrow is the 11th. Three years ago tomorrow, Errol Christie won it for Chorizo. If no one dies today or tomorrow, then it’ll be officially the longest wait for a winner in either MMMDP or Advent Avalanche. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Tomorrow is the 11th. Three years ago tomorrow, Errol Christie won it for Chorizo. If no one dies today or tomorrow, then it’ll be officially the longest wait for a winner in either MMMDP or Advent Avalanche. 

Yeah, my ultimate nightmare is that all the picks outlive one of the contestants!!

How would that make us look?

• Like 1