Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

If you could nominate any members of this forum to be mysteriously elevated to sit on the committee ...

You Gooseberry, no question. Bring the enemas to the cmme and we’ll be getting at least 40 hits a year.

• Haha 2

Certainly wouldn’t be CoffinLodger, that’ll give everyone on the list the kiss of life...

If we’re gonna go into worst candidates, that’s Steve.

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You Gooseberry, no question. Bring the enemas to the cmme and we’ll be getting at least 40 hits a year.

Bless you! I would gladly accept !:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Certainly wouldn’t be CoffinLodger, that’ll give everyone on the list the kiss of life...

Would you be tempted if nominated?

Theoldlady. The committee needs some Old Testament fury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Theoldlady. The committee needs some Old Testament fury.

Thank you! Fine with me. I am an immortal you know. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Who would you choose and why ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It won't happen. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

That's the spirit! :D

Lewd Squirell he'll give it more scope.

drol as he seems to make good predictions and always following up on foreign names that others may miss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

I'm not worried just curious and bored!

If I sat on the committee there’d be serious injuries.

• Haha 5

I would elevate @msc and @Toastto the committee if it was in my hands.

They are both amongst my favourite posters on here especially @msc  and that would be the main reason for my decision. 

Their posts and demeanours are thoughtful , intelligent, friendly and likeable and @Toast has sass in the perfect doze quantity!

I think they'd enhance the choices the committee make with their own personal interest stamp and being a bit leftfield with their recommendations. I think they could persuade and charm the other  committee members into including a fair few of ther choices  thus spicing up the end result!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I would elevate @msc and @Toastto the committee if it was in my minds.

They are both amongst my favourite posters on here especially @msc  and that would be the main reason for my decision. 

Their posts and demeanours are thoughtful , intelligent, friendly and likeable and @Toast has sass in the perfect doze quantity!

I think they'd enhance the choices the committee make with their own personal interest stamp and being a bit leftfield with their recommendations. I think they could persuade and charm the other  committee members into including a fair few of ther choices  thus spicing up the end result!

Hah, the unlikely scenario amuses, but it's been a genuinely horrible day here so thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I would elevate @msc and @Toastto the committee if it was in my minds.

There is no 'committee' just a bunch of middle aged men who have fuck all interest in the forum but still feel that it is their duty to, once a year, roll out a list of 50 fish swimming around in a barrel, giving the public what the public wants, or summat.

You have completely overthought this one fella.

PS: IF there really was such a group who gave a shit, I'd nominate you, you are one of DLs good guys.

However, there is not one, so I cannot.:D

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

There is no 'committee' just a bunch of middle aged men who have fuck all interest in the forum but still feel that it is their duty to, once a year, roll out a list of 50 fish swimming around in a barrel, giving the public what the public wants, or summat.

You have completely overthought this one fella.

PS: IF there really was such a group who gave a shit, I'd nominate you, you are one of DLs good guys.

However, there is not one, so I cannot.:D

Thank you :D

The word committee does make it sound more grand ,  formal and organized than what it may well be like in reality! A drunken WhatsApp group chat in December deciding who goes on the list perhaps more accurate!

I always imagine them meeting in a ten Downing Street type cabinet committee room ordering pots of tea and brainstorming on A4 paper!:lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I would elevate @msc and @Toastto the committee if it was in my hands.

Sounds like more of an endorsement for Moderator/Admin?

There’s a handful of people who would make a pretty good Mod. Toastie, for one. Not msc. The puns fucking well need some work first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

There’s a handful of people who would make a pretty good Mod. Toastie, for one.

Oooh, no thanks.  Kind of you, but I'll stick to being a grammar Nazi.

• Like 4