image.thumb.png.91d6344cd21b2b842b08e40f21927c96.png

American film director and producer  Jerry Zucker, celebrates his 73rd birthday today. 

He directed films such as Airplane, The Naked Gun and Supernatural romance Ghost starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.

:birthday:

image.png.15342ff852e8cf36c7932a436df7624b.png

British actor,  singer and television presenter Shane Richie,  who currently is starring in BBC soap EastEnders as Alfie Moon, celebrates his 59th birthday today. :birthday:

Scottish American actor, singer, presenter and all round entertainer John Barrowman celebrates his 56th birthday today. :birthday:

image.png

• Like 4

Nigel Lawson is 91 today.

99082CA1-D75A-4E42-9CE0-32EC2DCF7260.jpeg

David Gentleman is 93 today.

FAC8002C-9DC9-487D-88B5-774F057CB34A.jpeg

• Like 1

Didier Drogba the Chelsea legend is 45 today

image.jpeg.3464ff01fae977bd3bb4cb9627befe5e.jpeg

• Like 2

Romanian-born American lawyer Benjamin Ferencz, who is a prosecutor in the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war criminals, is 103 today.

Photo credit: Adam Jones, PhD per Creative Commons license

Benjamin_Ferencz_-_Chief_Prosecutor_in_1947_Einsatzgruppen_Trial_-_In_Courtroom_600_Where_Nuremberg_Trials_Were_Held_-_Palace_of_Justice_-_Nuremberg-Nurnberg_-_Germany_-_02_(cropped) (1).jpg

• Like 3

María Adánez, Spanish film, stage, television, and voice actress, the stepdaughter of noted Spanish actor Santiago Ramos (retired from acting due to complications derived from his Parkinson's disease), who started her acting career at the age of 6, best known for her comedic roles on popular long-running television sitcoms, is 47 today.

1423855997_3ma1r6aad9n4ez0.jpg.f508e54b8fcc6d2a0c382f848ade1b3b.jpg

Liza Minnelli, the famed American actress, dancer, and singer, the daughter of acclaimed film director Vincente Minnelli and legendary actress and singer Judy Garland, who made her first appearance on film, at age of three, in the final scene of the musical "In the Good Old Summertime", which starred her wonderful mother, is 77 today.

6liz3am9in5ne8lli0.jpg.213b4dee8ec7ab496785b09d108545f2.jpg

• Like 4

Barbara Feldon (of Get Smart fame) is 90.

image.jpeg.3efacdf6be597c83c8ae39d069aa3f80.jpegimage.jpeg.fdf5adb4815efe214448b896b9a19a0a.jpeg

• Like 1

Former Panama national football team player and manager Julio Cesar Dely Valdes is 57 today 

6689B4E7-F98B-43D7-AC9C-0CFA2855F13E.jpeg

• Like 1

Super Gran Gudrun Ure is 97 today.

Gudrun Ure's Portrait Photos - Wall Of Celebrities

• Like 4

image.png.beeb12853e2327d1944480690318dbcc.png

British actor  Jake Weber celebrates his 60th birthday today. 

He has starred in a diverse range of films and tv shows including  The Pelican Brief, White House down, A stranger among us, Born on the fourth of July, Dawn of the dead, Meet Joe Black and Homeland.:birthday:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He has starred in a diverse range of films and tv shows including  The Pelican Brief, White House down, A stranger among us, Born on the fourth of July, Dawn of the dead, Meet Joe Black and Homeland.:birthday:

Don’t forget Medium !

• Like 2

Chiam See Tong, Singaporean politician, former opposition leader and Sec-Gen of the centre-left Singapore People's Party 1996-2019, 88 today :birthday:

chiam.png.e2cdd680c50673de4fba64e01de69aba.png

Well-respected in Singapore, he's founded for example the Chiam See Tong Sports Fund that helps children and youth from disadvantaged backgrounds to excel in sports. He's been in ill health for a while, suffered strokes in 1989, 2008 and a third more severe stroke in February 2009, severe fall and broken hip in 2013 and has been suffering from Parkinson's for around two decades.

• Like 1

George Ariyoshi is 97 today.

ED2FB095-1942-446E-AAC5-A0B18934D14B.jpeg

Leo Esaki is 98 today.

28550423-771A-454F-A457-7FE98ABF2E7F.jpeg

Al Jaffee, the prolific American cartoonist, the longest working cartoonist in history, who started drawing and writing professionally in 1940, known for his longtime work in the satirical magazine Mad, is 102 today.

2a9lj4af8fe6e0.jpg.24ed2aab84197a221c7ad54cc976ac27.jpg

5a1lj7af3fe8e0.jpg.0636e46a87b2e25a41b6fc76a3525539.jpg

• Like 6

Simone Biles, the impressive American artistic gymnast, one of the greatest gymnast of all time, the most decorated American gymnast with more than two dozen Olympic and World Championship medals to her name, and the youngest Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient in U.S. history, is 26 today.

5si9mo2neb7il3es0.jpg.b83cde50c35e7ca9511e7aa36e3d5c75.jpg

Steve Kanaly, American actor, who served as a radio operator during the Vietnam War, who began his acting career in the 1970s, well known for his role as the ranch foreman Ray Krebbs, the illegitimate son of family patriarch Jock Ewing, on the television soap opera "Dallas", is 77 today.

7st3ev9eka1na5ly0.jpg.5a609d66fee23e01eb1fbd07d1f043c5.jpg

• Like 4

Quincy Jones is 90...

image.jpeg.0f280ae8585e575454b4af171ef96685.jpeg

...and so is Michael Caine.

image.jpeg.2d9ca63811d2227465112fdc5b085568.jpeg

• Like 5

@MariNisia  Loved Steve Kanaly as Ray in Dallas. Definitely the most attractive of Jock Ewings sons in the show ( after Ted Shackleford as Gary Ewing but he only appeared a few times as spin off  Knots Landing spin was his show)and a character along with his wife Donna played superbly by Susan Howard  who the writers could have done so much more with.Lots of untapped potential.  They should never have sacked Susan in 1987 when they were already dealing with the huge blow of Victoria Principal leaving the show.  A mistake in my opinion not to make more of Ray and Donna at that point. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.0028d44ce020c6015416df70e2dbdbe2.png

British actor  Jamie Bell celebrates turning 37 today. 

Best known for starring as the boy dancer in hit film Billy Elliott,  Jamie continues  to have   a hugely successful career in film .  His film credits include   Teen Spirit (2018), Man on a ledge, Film stars don't die in Liverpool (2017) and Rocketman. 

image.thumb.png.55c862f5d327394334a5d69e32590e3e.png

American actor Ansel Elgort  celebrates  his 29th birthday today. 

Ansel has starred in  films  such as Baby Driver(2014),  The  popular Divergent  film trilogy/franchise,The Fault in our stars,  The Goldfinch,  the remake of Wrst Side Story film musical and currently  starring in the Organised crime drama Tokyo Vice,  playing an American journalist come amateur sleuth , living in Japan and entangled in the world of organised crime , gang warfare and police corruption. :birthday:

• Like 4

Poet Pam Ayres is 76 today

Pam Ayres: Accent, Net Worth, Sons, Daughter, Wiki-Bio - Celebsjone

She achieved fame after appearing on talent show Opportunity Knocks, and is cited as an influence by John Cooper Clarke.

One her most famous poems...

teeth.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@MariNisia  Loved Steve Kanaly as Ray in Dallas. Definitely the most attractive of Jock Ewings sons in the show ( after Ted Shackleford as Gary Ewing but he only appeared a few times as spin off  Knots Landing spin was his show)and a character along with his wife Donna played superbly by Susan Howard  who the writers could have done so much more with.Lots of untapped potential.  They should never have sacked Susan in 1987 when they were already dealing with the huge blow of Victoria Principal leaving the show.  A mistake in my opinion not to make more of Ray and Donna at that point.

I'm with you on that, @Gooseberry Crumble.

Ray Krebbs was a fantastic character and I liked him with Donna.

Ray is the best friend that anyone could ever have and never wants to lose.

And he was a great lover, too.

He slept with Donna, Jenna, Sue Ellen... and his affair with Lucy was an interesting incest. :biggrin:

One of my favourite scenes... when J.R. find out that Sue Ellen had slept with Ray! Wow! ^_^

Good memories.

I'm sure you must be as Ray: a great friend and a great lover. :P:D;)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

I'm with you on that, @Gooseberry Crumble.

Ray Krebbs was a fantastic character and I liked him with Donna.

Ray is the best friend that anyone could ever have and never wants to lose.

And he was a great lover, too.

He slept with Donna, Jenna, Sue Ellen... and his affair with Lucy was an interesting incest. :biggrin:

One of my favourite scenes... when J.R. find out that Sue Ellen had slept with Ray! Wow! ^_^

Good memories.

I'm sure you must be as Ray: a great friend and a great lover. :P:D;)

Thank you for the compliment but I'm too classy to kiss and tell whether my numerous  and satisfied lovers share the same opinion as you- but let's just say I have never received any complaints! ;)I am quite gentlemanly like on dates and tend to tone down in reality the oversexed version of myself that I portray on here! I love having long  pillow chat into the early hours and then hugging and  kissing- it's often more emotionally rewarding than being full on amorous!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you for the compliment but I'm too classy to kiss and tell whether my numerous  and satisfied lovers share the same opinion as you- but let's just say I have never received any complaints! ;)I am quite gentlemanly like on dates and tend to tone down in reality the oversexed version of myself that I portray on here! I love having long  pillow chat into the early hours and then hugging and  kissing- it's often more emotionally rewarding than being full on amorous!!

I like the way you think, mate.

Adorable and intelligent. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1