10 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Mel Gibson, the famous actor and stupendous film director who was born in Peekskill, New York, moved with his parents to Sidney, Australia, when he was 12, and later an Oscar-winning filmmaker for his epic film "Braveheart", is 67 today.

4me1lg8i2bs6on0.jpg.d0b91d63aebdf2f493d80cbe3b437715.jpg

Victoria Principal, American actress who was born in Fukuoka, Japan; her father was a sergeant who was stationed in Fukuoka at that time; whose acting career began when she was only 5, with appearances in commercials; who left school to become a model, and famous for her iconic role as Pamela Barnes Ewing on the long-running soap opera "Dallas", is 73 today.

8vict5ori1apr6inc4ipal0.jpg.c1204c1859ef2a263a02d740c54506db.jpg

Loved Victoria Principal as Pam in Dallas as a child- but as an adult rewatching it on DVD  I know appreciate Sue Ellen and Donna a lot more because they were less angelic and more complicated  which is interesting to watch.

As a child  Pam was the saintly innocent  lovely character  who stood up to nasty JR   but I see more than that now!

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.f391f6396dacf7541c591b08630a1a4d.png

English football player and manager Peter Taylor  celebrates his 70th birthday today. 

As a player he played for Tottenham Hotspur,  Crystal Palace,  Hull City and Leicester amongst others. 

He was also stand in manager for England for 1 match in which he made David Beckham captain. 

:birthday:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Loved Victoria Principal as Pam in Dallas as a child- but as an adult rewatching it on DVD  I know appreciate Sue Ellen and Donna a lot more because they were less angelic and more complicated  which is interesting to watch.

As a child  Pam was the saintly innocent  lovely character  who stood up to nasty JR   but I see more than that now!

I understand you perfectly, @Gooseberry Crumble.

Pam was too sweet, and Sue Ellen's character was a lot more interesting.

But my favourite was Miss Ellie.

Miss Ellie was very similar to one friend of my grandfather. To be frank, she became so much more than just a friend. :lol:

And she always gave me cookies. :D

• Like 2

American actor Dabney Coleman, who starred in the movies "9 to 5" and "Tootsie", is 91 today.

Photo credit: Aaron Rapoport per Creative Commons License

Dabney_Coleman_(actor).jpg

Barbara Rush, actress best known for a leading role in It Came from Outer Space, is 96.

image.jpeg.0c00a47c9aaf9d62e1477ae7a3a4aff9.jpeg

• Like 2

American Secret Service agent Clint Hill, who shielded the Kennedy's after president John F. Kennedy was shot, is 91 today.

Photo Credit: Larry D. Moore, CC BY-SA 4.0

Clint_Hill_2016.jpg

• Like 1

Toni Kroos, the successful German professional footballer, one of the best midfielders of his generation and of all time, nicknamed "The Waiter" by those wowed by his passing skills, and a key player of Real Madrid C.F. since 2014, is 33 today.

4to2ni7k1ro3os0.jpg.d95fec85cbb0b8814baa37994e52f5a6.jpg

Peter Seiffert, the excellent German tenor who was born in Düsseldorf, where he had his earlier musical training, who is one of the greatest singers of our time, and a winner of a Grammy Award for his performance of Tannhäuser, is 69 today.

8pet1er4sei9ff6ert0.jpg.02821e5dcd7e5479d5bb8c00cd7f208a.jpg

• Like 3

Bernard Sumner of New Order is 67 today

Bernard Sumner on Joy Division and Ian Curtis: 'He was interesting,  intelligent, articulate, well read, well listened' | Saturday Review | The  Times

• Like 3

image.png.ba18f289c50eba9e63350ab1675467ee.png

Oscar nominated american actress Dyan Cannon celebrates her 86th birthday today. :birthday:

image.thumb.png.55cfe904629743de3ed05dfe689008f2.png

British celebrity chef and restaurenter Rick Stein celebrates turning  76 today. :birthday:

• Like 1

American writer of children's and young adult fiction Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, who is known for writing the "Shiloh and Alice" book series, is 90 today.

Photo Credit: Patrice Gilbert per Creative Commons license

Phyllis_Reynolds_Naylor_in_her_writing_chair.jpg

• Like 2

Japanese-born American medical examiner Thomas Noguchi, who was nicknamed "Coroner to the Stars", is 96 today.

Photo Credit: Anil1956 per Creative Commons license

Thomas_Noguchi_at_the_American_Academy_of_Forensic_Sciences_Las_Vegas_conference_2016.jpg

• Like 2

January Jones, the attractive American actress who began her career as a model in New York, and best known for her iconic performance as Betty Draper in the critically acclaimed television series "Mad Men", is 45 today.

3ja6nua9ry4jon1es0.jpg.e6bd25ae7b9a936a8273e055e0b34ae2.jpg

Pamela Sue Martin, American film and television actress who started her professional acting career in 1972, and well-known for her work as Fallon Carrington Colby on the first four seasons of the long-running soap opera "Dynasty", is 70 today.

6pam9ela4sue7mar3tin0.jpg.46e142494ca82a4a7ed6b2db8807d6c1.jpg

• Like 3

Juan Carlos I of Spain is 85 today

7AE8FCC5-9922-492E-B8B9-F15F257D0AAB.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MariNisia said:

January Jones, the attractive American actress who began her career as a model in New York, and best known for her iconic performance as Betty Draper in the critically acclaimed television series "Mad Men", is 45 today.

3ja6nua9ry4jon1es0.jpg.e6bd25ae7b9a936a8273e055e0b34ae2.jpg

Pamela Sue Martin, American film and television actress who started her professional acting career in 1972, and well-known for her work as Fallon Carrington Colby on the first four seasons of the long-running soap opera "Dynasty", is 70 today.

6pam9ela4sue7mar3tin0.jpg.46e142494ca82a4a7ed6b2db8807d6c1.jpg

I can never decide if I preferred  Pamela Sue Martin or Emma Samms as Fallon!

• Like 1

image.png.77c064364267849508fc759c46d453ac.png

Oscar nominated american actor Bradley Cooper  celebrates  his 48th birthday today. :birthday:

image.thumb.png.b518d0f70acad5061b6bdcef252b5bbb.png

Oscar winning actress Diane Keaton celebrates turning 77 today.:birthday:

image.png.e879edce6b036b1c48f1c13c7d1a4fdb.png

British footballer turned actor  Vinnie Jones celebrates turning 58 today. :birthday:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I can never decide if I preferred  Pamela Sue Martin or Emma Samms as Fallon!

Interesting dilemma, @Gooseberry Crumble.

I was a huge fan of Fallon.

I think Pamela Sue Martin portrayed Fallon as an immature woman.

In Season 1 Fallon was a bitch.

Poor Krystle. :D

While Emma Samms was less aggressive than Pamela Sue Martin.

Emma Samms is a very attractive woman.

Maybe she would have been a better choice for Amanda.

But Emma Samms was as good as Pamela Sue Martin as Fallon. ;)

• Like 2

image.png.2806767ee068cce6cd3429f738f95206.png

Austrian Professional diver  Dariush Lotfi  celebrates his 22nd birthday today. :birthday:

image.png.18b7da7cc870fa3ba58fbcfea7c302ed.png

Retired British newsreader and television presenter  Jan Leeming turns 81 today. :birthday:

• Like 2

American actor Clancy Brown, who is best known for voicing Mr. Krabs in the Nickelodeon animated TV series "Spongebob Squarepants", is 64 today.

Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore per Creative Commons license

Clancy_Brown_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

American actor Clancy Brown, who is best known for voicing Mr. Krabs in the Nickelodeon animated TV series "Spongebob Squarepants", is 64 today.

I wouldn't know about that.  To me he's the prison officer in Shawshank Redemption.

Don't give me that - That's Claire Rainers Restaurant critic son minus the hair dye. 

• Like 1

American basketball coach Lou Carnesecca, who did his coaching career at St. John's University, is 98 today.

Photo Credit: Zeuscgp per Creative Commons license

Lou_Carnesecca_081013 (1).jpg