Sign in to follow this  
Pedro67

Survivor in the Family

Had a diagnosis of Cancer at the back of my tongue last October, and was told it was big, I left it too long, and recovery was nowhere near a given. So had all remaining teeth removed to remove risk of infection during treatment, six weeks of daily radiotherapy, 4 chemo cycles, 18 days on and off in hospital when stomach packed up, and brain frying was at its worst. I had my 3 month scan after treatment finish, and DONE IT !! BEAT THE FUCKER !! CANCER FREE.:):)

Right choice not playing Deathlist cup because of it, as I was away with the fairies end of February...hang on who am I kidding I would have got that far !!!!

Anyways, need op to have my jaw sorted out after tooth op issues, and replacement teeth at some stage when covid buggers off, cant eat a lot of foods, cant drink alcohol cos it hurts mouth too much, got little taste or smell and a load of other things not right yet. but hell, I can deal with all that shit.

Anyone else got some positive stories about themselves or families, Covid recoveries etc, please add them. Forum topic in an Inverse Stylee.

• Like 28

Congrats Pedro67, good luck with the recovery!

• Thanks 1

Good for you, Pedro.  Onwards and upwards!  Plenty to look forward to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm absolutely over the moon for you Pedro, well done for kicking cancer's arse! I wish you all the best with your recovery. Take it easy mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done, Pedro and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Pedro67 great to have you back and feeling better.  Take care and I hope you can try alcohol again soon :)

Personally, I think any member who beats cancer can have a thread of their own! 

• Thanks 1

Well done Pedro really pleased for you I hope you continue to have good health for years to come.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you have beaten it, long may that continue.

• Thanks 1

Deadpooling hall of fame entry ;) congrats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great to have you back Pedro.:hatsoff:

• Thanks 1

Shortly after retiring in 2014 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer but due to regular screenings it was caught early and surgery took care of it.  Last year my wife had breast cancer but once again it was caught early and her surgery and follow up treatment went well.  I am thankful for the testing our doctors did and for the surgeons who performed so well.

• Like 9

She’s not a survivor but my aunt lived with stage 4 pancreatic cancer for a little more than 8 years. She was a fighter.

• Like 5

My Nan survived breast cancer twice. Shes had a double mastectomy because of this, once in 1996 and the other in 2008. She is still alive today at 80 years old.

Sadly she is starting to slow down quite a bit due to her arthurites but she will be around for some time hopefully. 

• Like 2