YoungWillz

The Deathlist Poker Tournament 2020

At Last The Toast Show! Yes, Toast only needed one Sydney Lotterby to die and she joins the well populated leaderboard with a unique hit.

Leaderboard updated.

Tomorrow I shall be making the first monthly Card Roulette draw, when we shall have everyone playing. Do not despair, there's ages to go yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Yet another hit for Joey Russ, who maintains an astonishing lead, but the big beasts of the Poker Tourney Death Impends and Captain Chorizo are nestled in the bushes in the podium places, ready to spring.

Joey's team isn't a Poker Team, it's a to do list for Gooseberry...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Pardon??!!!:o:lol:

Gooseberry Reaper, not Gooseberry's other activities...:P

• Haha 2

Card Roulette Monthly Draw.

The cards have been drawn - 26 Teams so 26 cards from Random.org.

King of Clubs Eight of Diamonds Nine of Clubs Ace of Spades Eight of Clubs Five of Clubs Three of Hearts Ten of Clubs Four of Clubs Two of Spades King of Hearts Eight of Hearts Four of Diamonds Jack of Clubs King of Diamonds Two of Clubs Four of Hearts Four of Spades Queen of Spades Seven of Diamonds Queen of Hearts Six of Hearts Ace of Hearts Ten of Hearts Two of Hearts Jack of Diamonds
26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards

An updated leaderboard will follow shortly.

Dead So Far:

Georg Ratzinger - 1 July

Everton Weekes - 1 July

Earl Cameron - 3 July

Nick Cordero - 5 July

Ennio Morricone - 6 July

Mark Naley - 6 July - No Obit

Johnny Beattie - 9 July

Paik Sun-yup - 10 July

Judy Dyble - 12 July

Zizi Jeanmaire - 17 July

John Lewis - 17 July

Lone Dybkjaer - 20 July - No Obit

Stuart Wheeler - 23 July

David Hagen - 24 July

John Saxon - 25 July

Olivia de Havilland - 25 July

Lee Teng-hui - 30 July

Sydney Lotterby - 30 July

Wilford Brimley - 1 August

Bob Ryland - 2 August - No Obit

John Hume - 3 August

Sumner Redstone - 11 August

Hal Singer - 18 August - No Obit

Frankie Banali - 20 August

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong - 27 August

Joey Russ: 947 Points (Ratzinger; Cordero; Dyble; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Teng-hui; Banali; Armstrong) (MD: J [2])

Cards Played: Queen of HeartsSeven of HeartsAce of HeartsTwo of DiamondsAce of DiamondsKing of HeartsFour of ClubsKing of ClubsEight of Spades

Death Impends: 820 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: de Havilland [2 Hearts]) (MD: J [8])

Cards Played: King of HeartsFive of SpadesEight of ClubsTen of SpadesTen of DiamondsSix of DiamondsFour of ClubsJack of Diamonds

Sean: 766 Points (Cordero; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Teng-hui; Brimley; Hume; Banali) (Sub: Weekes [Q Spades]) (MD: J [4])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsFour of HeartsJack of SpadesQueen of ClubsEight of SpadesKing of ClubsEight of Clubs

Captain Chorizo: 656 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Hagen; Teng-hui; Banali; Armstrong)(MD: J [6])

Cards Played: Two of SpadesJack of DiamondsBlack JokerSeven of SpadesNine of DiamondsKing of Hearts

msc: 635 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: Cordero [Q Spades]) (MD: J [K])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsKing of HeartsEight of SpadesTen of DiamondsQueen of HeartsQueen of Spades 

The Quim Reaper: 554 Points (de Havilland; Teng-hui; Hume; Redstone; Banali) (MD: J [4])

Cards Played: Queen of SpadesEight of DiamondsRed JokerJack of ClubsThree of Clubs 

Banana: 531 Points (Jn Lewis; Hagen; de Havilland; Teng-hui; Banali) (Sub: Cordero [J Clubs]) (MD: J [10])

Cards Played: Five of SpadesQueen of DiamondsThree of HeartsFive of ClubsTwo of Clubs

Clorox Bleachman: 524 Points (Ratzinger; Cordero; Jn Lewis; Banali; Armstrong) (MD: J [A])

Cards Played: Jack of HeartsSeven of SpadesJack of DiamondsTwo of SpadesTen of Hearts

The Old Crem: 522 Points (Cordero; Lewis; de Havilland; Hume; Redstone) MD: J [Q])

Cards Played: Three of SpadesTwo of HeartsSeven of HeartsFour of DiamondsTwo of Diamonds

An Fear Beag: 516 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali) (Sub: Cordero [5 Diamonds]) (MD: J [J])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsFour of SpadesSeven of HeartsNine of DiamondsTwo of Spades

Grim Up North: 516 Points (Cordero; Jn Lewis; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: de Havilland [9 Clubs]) (MD: J [2])

Cards Played: Six of SpadesFive of ClubsAce of ClubsThree of HeartsEight of Spades

Perhaps: 502 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali) (MD: J [2])

Cards Played: Three of ClubsSeven of SpadesTen of ClubsSix of SpadesQueen of Clubs

Yorkshire Banker: 476 Points (Weekes; Beattie; Teng-hui; Banali) (Sub: Cameron [Q Diamonds]) (MD: J (9)]

Cards Played: Red JokerJack of SpadesNine of SpadesAce of Clubs

gcreptile: 435 Points (Ratzinger; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: Cordero [A Diamonds]) (MD: J[J])

Cards Played: Nine of ClubsNine of SpadesSeven of HeartsTwo of Clubs

theoldlady: 360 Points (Cameron; Jn Lewis; Banali) (MD: J [5])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsRed JokerThree of Diamonds

YoungWillz: 313 Points (Morricone; Jn Lewis; Redstone) (MD: J [K])

Cards Played: Seven of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of Spades

Bibliogryphon: 269 Points (Weekes; Jeanmaire) (MD: J (A)]

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsRed Joker

JoeMoneypenny: 204 Points (Weekes; Sun-yup) (MD: J [4])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsFive of Spades

markb4: 119 Points (Jn Lewis) (Sub: de Havilland [6 Diamonds]) (MD: J [8])

Cards Played: Ace of Clubs

Toast: 113 Points (Lotterby) (MD: J [K])

Cards Played: Queen of Clubs

DeathByArsenic: 110 Points (Jeanmaire) (MD: J [10])

Cards Played: Three of Spades

Miracle Aligner: 107 Points (de Havilland) (MD: J [7])

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

CalebH: 12 Points (MD: J [Q])

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 8 Points (MD: J [8])

Gooseberry Crumble: 7 Points (Sub: Saxon [4 Clubs]) (MD: J [3])

Guy From Future: 4 Points (MD: J [4])

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

(MD: J [2])

Ignore me I've worked it out - I'm a numpty.

• Haha 1

Just now, Grim Up North said:

Okay so to limit the size of the quote I've just used my own monthly draw selection as the example.

MD stands for Monthly Draw

J - I presume is the monthly draw card and J stands for Jack

2 - I thought this would be number of points I would get for the Monthly Draw Card but then I would have thought it would be 10 for a Jack?

Also where I have a 2 some people have a J K or an A which suggests this might be the card?

Bit baffled.

MD - Monthly Draw

J - July

[x] - Card allocated.

So you have chanced upon a 2, 2 Points added.

You're 25th out of 26 teams, so your card will always be the penultimate one if that helps for future draws!

Unlucky this time, but there's still 5 to go!

• Thanks 1

I should probably remind folk that the draw is the same as for subs. 14 for an A, 13 for a K; 12 for a Q, 11 for a J, then 10-2 value of card.

So to be clear, can we play the monthly draw cards?  I assume not, since you didn't specify the suits.

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

So to be clear, can we play the monthly draw cards?  I assume not, since you didn't specify the suits.

No, the monthly draw is just a points award, like you would have if you had a sub hit.

I didn't want anyone playing their card as they might end up with two cards the same. And that would never do.

Also, I'll add a welcome to the leaderboard to CalebH, Great Uncle Bulgaria and Guy From Future - everybody's on the board!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

No, the monthly draw is just a points award, like you would have if you had a sub hit.

I didn't want anyone playing their card as they might end up with two cards the same. And that would never do.

Also, I'll add a welcome to the leaderboard to CalebH, Great Uncle Bulgaria and Guy From Future - everybody's on the board!

I'm pleased to see I got points for John Saxon. I didn't understand the rules correctly and didn't realise I would get points for him!

• Like 1

The Thing is Sean is proving himself a Natural at this game. Wilford Brimley has gone and is a unique hit.

Also hits a pair of 8s for 10 Additional Points. Sean now finds himself Cocooned in second place.

Leaderboard updated.

I'm sure a few hearts went all a-Trimble on hearing of John Hume's death. A Nobel life and a pick that hopefully will mean peace will break out - yes, I'm restocking the bar with Irish Whiskey!

Anyhow, hits for The Old Crem, The Quim Reaper and....Sean.

The Quim Reaper picks up an additional 50 Points for hitting his Red Joker.

This means that Sean takes a giant leap towards what was previously Joey's gigantic lead which has been cut back substantially.

Leaderboard updated.

Sumner Redstone has finally died, leaving his fortune behind, but paying out points for six players: YoungWillz; Death Impends; An Fear Beag; The Quim Reaper, The Old Crem and Perhaps.

Bonus for The Old Crem who hits a pair of 2s - 10 Additional Points.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@msc will be looking for a Hal Singer Qobit! Eyes peeled....

No Sax in heaven yet but the drummer is waiting. Frankie Banali's demise was a hit for most players, including the top three.

Bonuses:

Yorkshire Banker hits A Clubs - 5 Additional Points.

Joey Russ makes a pair of Ks - 10 Additional Points, Two Pair (As and Ks) - 15 Points - Total = 25 Additional Points.

Sean makes a pair of 8s (Hearts and Clubs) - 10 Additional Points; a pair of 8s (Spades and Clubs) - 10 Additional Points and Three 8s - 20 Additional Points - Total = 40 Additional Points.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

Bob Armstrong has taken a Bullet for Joey Russ, Death Impends, msc; gcreptile; Captain Chorizo; Clorox Bleachman and Grim Up North.

Bonus: msc hits a pair of Qs - 10 Additional Points.

Death Impends wrestles himself into second. Still months of this and remember, those at the top are simply running out of cards to play!

Leaderboard updated.

In a few days it will be Card Roulette day. Flies in, doesn't it?

Straight after breakfast, yes it's an early start at the Card Roulette Table:

Nine of Spades Queen of Hearts Two of Spades King of Spades Three of Hearts Four of Clubs Nine of Diamonds Jack of Diamonds Nine of Clubs Ace of Hearts King of Diamonds Three of Diamonds Queen of Spades Jack of Spades Six of Clubs Five of Clubs Six of Diamonds Ten of Diamonds Ten of Spades Two of Clubs Ace of Spades Nine of Hearts Jack of Clubs Ten of Hearts Eight of Hearts Six of Hearts
26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards26 Remaining Cards

• Like 1

Dead So Far:

Georg Ratzinger - 1 July

Everton Weekes - 1 July

Earl Cameron - 3 July

Nick Cordero - 5 July

Ennio Morricone - 6 July

Mark Naley - 6 July - No Obit

Johnny Beattie - 9 July

Paik Sun-yup - 10 July

Judy Dyble - 12 July

Zizi Jeanmaire - 17 July

John Lewis - 17 July

Lone Dybkjaer - 20 July - No Obit

Stuart Wheeler - 23 July

David Hagen - 24 July

John Saxon - 25 July

Olivia de Havilland - 25 July

Lee Teng-hui - 30 July

Sydney Lotterby - 30 July

Wilford Brimley - 1 August

Bob Ryland - 2 August

John Hume - 3 August

Sumner Redstone - 11 August

Hal Singer - 18 August

Frankie Banali - 20 August

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong - 27 August

Joey Russ: 961 Points (Ratzinger; Cordero; Dyble; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Teng-hui; Banali; Armstrong) (MD: J [2]; A [A])

Cards Played: Queen of HeartsSeven of HeartsAce of HeartsTwo of DiamondsAce of DiamondsKing of HeartsFour of ClubsKing of ClubsEight of Spades

Death Impends: 823 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: de Havilland [2 Hearts]) (MD: J [8]; A [3])

Cards Played: King of HeartsFive of SpadesEight of ClubsTen of SpadesTen of DiamondsSix of DiamondsFour of ClubsJack of Diamonds

Sean: 772 Points (Cordero; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Teng-hui; Brimley; Hume; Banali) (Sub: Weekes [Q Spades]) (MD: J [4]; A [6])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsFour of HeartsJack of SpadesQueen of ClubsEight of SpadesKing of ClubsEight of Clubs

msc: 748 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Wheeler; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong; Singer) (Sub: Cordero [Q Spades]) (MD: J [K]; A [K])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsKing of HeartsEight of SpadesTen of DiamondsQueen of HeartsQueen of SpadesFive of Hearts  

Captain Chorizo: 665 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Hagen; Teng-hui; Banali; Armstrong)(MD: J [6]; A [9])

Cards Played: Two of SpadesJack of DiamondsBlack JokerSeven of SpadesNine of DiamondsKing of Hearts

The Quim Reaper: 564 Points (de Havilland; Teng-hui; Hume; Redstone; Banali) (MD: J [4]; A [10])

Cards Played: Queen of SpadesEight of DiamondsRed JokerJack of ClubsThree of Clubs

Banana: 541 Points (Jn Lewis; Hagen; de Havilland; Teng-hui; Banali) (Sub: Cordero [J Clubs]) (MD: J [10]; A [10])

Cards Played: Five of SpadesQueen of DiamondsThree of HeartsFive of ClubsTwo of Clubs

The Old Crem: 536 Points (Cordero; Lewis; de Havilland; Hume; Redstone) MD: J [Q]; A [A])

Cards Played: Three of SpadesTwo of HeartsSeven of HeartsFour of DiamondsTwo of Diamonds

Clorox Bleachman: 535 Points (Ratzinger; Cordero; Jn Lewis; Banali; Armstrong) (MD: J [A]; A [J])

Cards Played: Jack of HeartsSeven of SpadesJack of DiamondsTwo of SpadesTen of Hearts

Grim Up North: 524 Points (Cordero; Jn Lewis; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: de Havilland [9 Clubs]) (MD: J [2]; A [8])

Cards Played: Six of SpadesFive of ClubsAce of ClubsThree of HeartsEight of Spades

An Fear Beag: 522 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali) (Sub: Cordero [5 Diamonds]) (MD: J [J]; A [6])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsFour of SpadesSeven of HeartsNine of DiamondsTwo of Spades

Perhaps: 507 Points (Ratzinger; Jn Lewis; Teng-hui; Redstone; Banali) (MD: J [2]; A [5])

Cards Played: Three of ClubsSeven of SpadesTen of ClubsSix of SpadesQueen of Clubs

Yorkshire Banker: 478 Points (Weekes; Beattie; Teng-hui; Banali) (Sub: Cameron [Q Diamonds]) (MD: J [9]; A [2])

Cards Played: Red JokerJack of SpadesNine of SpadesAce of Clubs

gcreptile: 446 Points (Ratzinger; Hagen; Banali; Armstrong) (Sub: Cordero [A Diamonds]) (MD: J[J]; A [J])

Cards Played: Nine of ClubsNine of SpadesSeven of HeartsTwo of Clubs

JoeMoneypenny: 366 Points (Weekes; Sun-yup; Ryland) (MD: J [4]; A [Q])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsFive of SpadesBlack Joker

theoldlady: 364 Points (Cameron; Jn Lewis; Banali) (MD: J [5]; A[4])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsRed JokerThree of Diamonds

YoungWillz: 322 Points (Morricone; Jn Lewis; Redstone) (MD: J [K]; A [9])

Cards Played: Seven of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of Spades

Bibliogryphon: 282 Points (Weekes; Jeanmaire) (MD: J [A]; A [K])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsRed Joker

markb4: 131 Points (Jn Lewis) (Sub: de Havilland [6 Diamonds]) (MD: J [8]; A [Q])

Cards Played: Ace of Clubs

DeathByArsenic: 121 Points (Jeanmaire) (MD: J [10]; A[J])

Cards Played: Three of Spades

Toast: 119 Points (Lotterby) (MD: J [K]; A [6])

Cards Played: Queen of Clubs

Miracle Aligner: 109 Points (de Havilland) (MD: J [7]; A [2])

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

CalebH: 22 Points (MD: J [Q]; A [10])

Gooseberry Crumble: 16 Points (Sub: Saxon [4 Clubs]) (MD: J [3]; A[9])

Guy From Future: 13 Points (MD: J [4]; A [9])

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 11 Points (MD: J [8]; A[3])

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

CalebH: 22 Points (MD: J [Q]; A [10])

Gooseberry Crumble: 16 Points (Sub: Saxon [4 Clubs]) (MD: J [3]; A[9])

Guy From Future: 13 Points (MD: J [4]; A [9])

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 11 Points (MD: J [8]; A[3])

In the words of Yazz and the Plastic Population at some point in the late 80s, the only way is up...

• Like 4

Was looking at the few non obits. Turns out Bob Ryland got a QO almost a month ago without anyone noticing

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Joey's Hawk-Eye, old tennis pro Bob Ryland has a QO using his Sunday name of Robert.

JoeMoneypenny thus gets a unique hit, also hitting his Black Joker down the line for the Joker Bonus of 50 Points.

Leaderboard updated.