chilean way

Marvel Comics / DC Comics / Others

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

No lengthy deterioration for Pacheco: dead at 60 just over a month later.

Ah, ninja'd!

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

Beano artist David Sutherland OBE reported dead.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, time said:

Beano artist David Sutherland OBE reported dead.

Now this is very sad news. Only just awarded the OBE a few weeks ago 

I often forget that the UK Dennis the Menace and the US Dennis the Menace are two totally different things.

7 hours ago, markb4 said:

I often forget that the UK Dennis the Menace and the US Dennis the Menace are two totally different things.

I didn’t know that. Ours was annoying not sure how he became popular.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markb4 said:

Some useless trivia for you – both the UK and the US versions of Dennis the Menace issued their first copies on March 12, 1951.

No relation, just sheer coincidence.

• Shocked 1

Rachel Pollack, transsexual tarot enthusiast and author probably best known for her work on the very good and very weird Doom Patrol comics of the 90’s - taking over from Grant Morrison from 1993 to 1995 - is close to passing according to longtime friend Neil Gaiman. Some premature reports of her death are on social media as well. 

13 hours ago, FinalChapter said:

Rachel Pollack, transsexual tarot enthusiast and author probably best known for her work on the very good and very weird Doom Patrol comics of the 90’s - taking over from Grant Morrison from 1993 to 1995 - is close to passing according to longtime friend Neil Gaiman. Some premature reports of her death are on social media as well. 

You're the third person to mention this within 72 hours. It's in writers section, suggestions for 2024 and now here.

On 15/03/2023 at 11:40, ladyfiona said:

You're the third person to mention this within 72 hours. It's in writers section, suggestions for 2024 and now here.

Apologies

Joe Giella, inker associated with the Silver Age, inking on DC's Batman and Gil Kane on the Green Lantern, having previously worked on Captain Marvel and Captain America for the precursor company to Marvel, reportedly dead aged 94: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Joe Giella, inker associated with the Silver Age, inking on DC's Batman and Gil Kane on the Green Lantern, having previously worked on Captain Marvel and Captain America for the precursor company to Marvel, reportedly dead aged 94: 

We have the same birthday 

• Like 1

Ian McGinty (wiki) reportedly dead at the ripe old age of 38.

• Shocked 1

Only Ramona Fradon (1926) and Jack Katz (1927) left from the Golden age of comics creators. Very good longevity in the group, but years passed quickly.

• Like 3

With John Romita gone I think that leaves Roy Thomas (b.1940) as the last survivor from Marvel's "Bullpen" of the Sixties.

Later: I was wrong about that. There's still Jim Steranko (b.1937) who took over Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD and turned it into a key example of Sixties psychedelic excess. Also Barry Windsor-Smith (b.1949), whose early Marvel work as "Barry Smith" also verged on the psychedelic, but where Steranko was highly polished, Smith was crude. (Early on, he tended to draw people as though their skulls were shaped like lightbulbs.) He was very young at the time though.

• Like 3

Comic book illustrator (X-Men, Web of Spider-Man), inker Dan Green who worked with Romita Sr and Jr, John and Sal Buscema, Steve Ditko, John Byrne, Jack Kirby, George Pérez and many others, was dead on Wikipedia's 2023 deaths page but it's been removed now.

Edit: Apparently there are many mentions online that he's dead but I can't find an obituary anywhere yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arghton said:

Comic book illustrator (X-Men, Web of Spider-Man), inker Dan Green who worked with Romita Sr and Jr, John and Sal Buscema, Steve Ditko, John Byrne, Jack Kirby, George Pérez and many others, was dead on Wikipedia's 2023 deaths page but it's been removed now.

Edit: Apparently there are many mentions online that he's dead but I can't find an obituary anywhere yet.

I see him listed on Wiki and this is the source. 

• Like 2

Keith Giffen, who co-created characters such as Rocket Raccoon and Jamie Reyes, reportedly dead at 70.

• Like 3

On 14/06/2023 at 09:13, drol said:

Only Ramona Fradon (1926) and Jack Katz (1927) left from the Golden age of comics creators. Very good longevity in the group, but years passed quickly.

Ramona Fradon dead at 97.

Good luck, Mr. Katz, you are the last one standing.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1