Éricles Souza

Mahathir Mohamad

The former Malaysian prime minister who served twice: between 1981 and 2003 and then between 2018 and 2020. Tomorrow he will be 95 years old, and in two days his wife Siti Hasmah will be 94. I think it would be time for both of them to debut the 2021 DeathList (if they are alive by then)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Of all the nonagenarian world leaders, given that he's just left office, I think he'd be a poor choice given that most of the others are suffering from long term health problems and repeated hospitalisations.

That, and just a bit of a boring pick for DL, IMO.

• Like 1

Not DL-worthy, but I’m sure he’ll remain popular in drol’s State Leaders DP.

• Like 2

With the death of JPdC, there is a vacancy on the list for "boring old politician picked every year till they turn 100 and die". Not this guy, but one in general.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I dont believe that he will ever make it into the official DL.  Although I honestly see no difference between him and other DL-worthy asian leaders like Bhumibol, Akihito, etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, msc said:

With the death of JPdC, there is a vacancy on the list for "boring old politician picked every year till they turn 100 and die". Not this guy, but one in general.

What? Am I hearing the crowd chanting "Jiang Zemin"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, msc said:

Does Jimmy Carter count as "boring"?

10 minutes ago, WEP said:

Does Jimmy Carter count as "boring"?

Not really.

Whatever his chances, certainly not deserving of his own thread.

Jimmy Carter at least has an active post presidency, helping people whenever he can as well as being the guy conservatives always go to when they claim they care about the deficit. 

On 10/07/2020 at 15:49, msc said:

Does Jimmy Carter Henry Kissinger count as "boring"?

1 minute ago, WEP said:

Does Jimmy Carter Henry Kissinger count as "boring"?

I wouldn't say so.

A simple search of his name on Twitter reveals he's still one of the most controversial figures of the 20th century. Loathed and loved by many alike.

Mahathir is certainly a giant in the politics of this region, on a par with Marcos, Soeharto (mr. long drawn out death himself), Bhumibol, Lee of Singapore, Hun Sen of Cambodia and I'm sure some others. His wife once sat in my seat on an Air Asia flight in the days they flew to Stansted, and in the days they had premium class with lie flat beds. I got an email from Air Asia the night before saying that my seat had been changed due to a VIP on board. When I boarded Mahathir and his wife were sitting together at the front in the prized seats, while I was left stewing a few rows back, sorely tempted to lob a bread roll at them. They did allow people to come up and do selfies with them during the flight so I got one of those. In terms of death, he seems to have a lot of energy, but after being ousted from power a few months ago I wonder if he will experience a quick downturn. It is really uncommon in this region (SE Asia) to have top politicians reach 95. Lee got to 92, but that's about it that I can think of.

• Like 3

According to Mahathir, Muslims have the right to kill millions of French. Old, dangerous cunt.

• Shocked 2

42 minutes ago, drol said:

According to Mahathir, Muslims have the right to kill millions of French. Old, dangerous cunt.

Twitter have removed the post but not disciplined the author.

Disappointing but sadly not a surprise. If it was a politically extreme far right/far left comment or even something homophobic from a Christian perspective, they would come down on them like a ton of bricks. 

Sensitivity of a specific religion (Islam) is not healthy as it often leads to a free pass for those on the fringes of that religion to spout hate. We must be free to vigorously scrutinise and criticise all religions in equal measure.

6C93C9CF-3C14-4FBD-A91C-BF6897335766.png

Do not normally celebrate people's death even those I hate.Will make an exception for this thoroughly evil old cunt!

Says in a VICE interview that he could run for Prime Minister in the next elections in Malaysia (On or before July 2023) but says that it's "a last resort"

Still mentally sharp. Sidesteps questions about LGBT rights saying that "in the West now there is no marriage or family, young girls, even teenagers sleep around" and says that "we will not be able to represent them completely but there are things that they care about which we can accommodate. The environment, climate change, terrorizing"

25 minutes ago, drol said:

Mahathir, Malaysia's longest serving prime minister, has a history of heart troubles. He has had heart attacks and bypass surgeries.”

Interesting. Did not know this.

• Like 1

I think it is a bit more serious than they are letting out. The medical bulletins make no reference to his current health condition and a sudden admission like this is very suspicious. Not gonna die this time anyway.

Well he's on my list now for 2022, for better or worse. I mean he's 96 ffs. That doesn't happen over here very often.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Are you clickbaiting us?

"Elective medical procedure" is planned/routine surgery, not a "hospitalisation" in the sense of how we understand that word i.e. has had a heart attack or stroke etc.