Arsewipe

Deathlisters who are dead

Is anyone on here aware of any who have made the ultimate sacrifice?

Lots of threads from the mid noughties have been bumped recently with the orignator or other contributors not having posted in ten plus years..........

• Like 2

Several debatable. One definite who may have become a future DLer but died before the forum's creation was MT Graves, who won the DDP posthumously in 2000.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Given the age of the forum, it's very likely some Deathlisters have passed on. But it'll be impossible to know unless someone on the forums knows someone who could inform. I've been lurking for over 5 years but never seen someone mention news on dead DL'ers. But who knows.

• Like 2

Best way to find out is a roll call.  I'll start. 

Im here and alive. :D

• Like 6

Ah, you say that now... and anyway, how do we know you're really you? I'm not positive I'm me, but I'm going to guess that I am, and that I'm possibly alive. That's the best I can offer right now.

• Like 4

Likely some have passed just going by the laws of averages.

Impossible to know who. When I first started skim reading posts here about 12 years ago there were quite a few users I remember who no longer post today.

Did we ever find out about Hein?

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Did we ever find out about Hein?

Was just wondering about this...he pre-dates my presence on here but I’ve seen several oblique references to his potential fate over the past few years. 

Deleted my old DDP host files: can the current runners check the databases for The Grey Horde's email address and then run it through Google, see if it brings anything up for MH?

On 13/07/2020 at 11:29, Spade_Cooley said:

Deleted my old DDP host files: can the current runners check the databases for The Grey Horde's email address and then run it through Google, see if it brings anything up for MH?

Magere Hein is alive and well. Worry not.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 13/07/2020 at 06:41, msc said:

That's good to hear, we share the same birthday.

I found an email address of his from way back (Amsterdam DLCon) but I thought too much time had elapsed  for me to speculatively try it.

PS I'm still alive too (somehow)

• Like 1

I'm pleased to hear that, but whatever his reasons for leaving the forum, I'm surprised and sad that he's never bothered to let us know he was OK.

If I don't post for  more than  a few days you'll know I'm probably dead .Hopefully someone will notice ! I'm not currently expecting this to happen though I hasten to add!

Yeah, I come from the era of the internet where if someone said a nasty word to you on a forum you doxxed the shit out of them. Good to see those tactics can now be used for positive things.

Well I am going to live to atleast 2036 so

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Well I am going to live to atleast 2036 so

haha. Good one. 

• Like 1

BrunoBrimley hasn't visited since Valentine's Day 2016 

Not thinking he's dead, but he did have a habit of posting whilst - ahem - somewhat refreshed. 

Anyone know owt for sure?

• Like 1

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

BrunoBrimley hasn't visited since Valentine's Day 2016 

Not thinking he's dead, but he did have a habit of posting whilst - ahem - somewhat refreshed. 

Anyone know owt for sure?

I think he showed up at least once since that point, but just with him privatizing when he logs in. 
In fact, checking his account his last post was December 31, 2017. So still hasn’t shown up for a while, but his last post was a bit more recent. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think he showed up at least once since that point, but just with him privatizing when he logs in. 
In fact, checking his account his last post was December 31, 2017. So still hasn’t shown up for a while, but his last post was a bit more recent. 

Cheers

Anybody know anything about Lady Die? She disappeared from Facebook around the same time she stopped posting here.

Having taken a break myself for a while I notice that Carol Ann doesn’t seem to be around any more?  I did try and look for her recent activity but the members menu never works for me, just like the shitty search function.

Seriously, it took years for someone to think of this? Extremely odd of him never to pop back to let us know he's alive unless he's completely stopped browsing the forum given how often the subject has come up in the intervening years..... :wacko: Maybe he literally stopped browsing the forum or found it quite amusing that we all thought he was a dead.

As regards to dead dead-poolers at some pointy in the past 3 years, Banshees died apparently.

That's the only confirmed case I can think of, which kind of makes sense. Why would anyone think to tell a forum of weirdos obsessed with death that a family member friend has died, and how many of us actually tell our families about this site anyway!