Arsewipe

Deathlisters who are dead

Bit worried bout Cat O’Falk. Was quite active then silence. Last visit 6th April.

• Sad 2

Godot, I think, was in his mid 50s when around in the late 00's. He is/was a journalist but I'm not sure of his real name. Journos don't always have long lifespans... 

I am sure I recollect a very minor DLr dying as I thought a family member posted it. This would be aeons ago but my memory is not what it was. 

2 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Godot, I think, was in his mid 50s when around in the late 00's. He is/was a journalist but I'm not sure of his real name. Journos don't always have long lifespans... 

I am sure I recollect a very minor DLr dying as I thought a family member posted it. This would be aeons ago but my memory is not what it was. 

I have a vague recollection of that too. I think they posted a lot for a short amount of time then suddenly stopped. 

@Lard Bazaar Carol Anne is still around on Facebook. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Godot is still with us. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Seriously, it took years for someone to think of this? Extremely odd of him never to pop back to let us know he's alive unless he's completely stopped browsing the forum given how often the subject has come up in the intervening years..... :wacko: Maybe he literally stopped browsing the forum or found it quite amusing that we all thought he was a dead.

As regards to dead dead-poolers at some pointy in the past 3 years, Banshees died apparently.

That's the only confirmed case I can think of, which kind of makes sense. Why would anyone think to tell a forum of weirdos obsessed with death that a family member friend has died, and how many of us actually tell our families about this site anyway!

The sum of evidence we have for this death is one post from Windsor stating he's dead. May be true, but hardly conclusive atm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I have a vague recollection of that too. I think they posted a lot for a short amount of time then suddenly stopped. 

@Lard Bazaar Carol Anne is still around on Facebook. 

Ah that’s good to hear.  I did actually just manage to view her profile (after slagging the search function off!) and saw she last visited in September.  I hope she is well, whatever she is up to. 

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The sum of evidence we have for this death is one post from Windsor stating he's dead. May be true, but hardly conclusive atm

It's merely wish-fulfillment on our Scottish misanthrope's part - the likelihood of Windy knowing anything about the Problum Child's real-life situation is about the same as me winning a dead pool. Though the thought of those two as FB BFFs raises a smile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bit worried bout Cat O’Falk. Was quite active then silence. Last visit 6th April.

Especially as his method of browsing the forum via a spreadsheet might be quite useful with regards to this post ....

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

(assuming aeons isn't 'old forum' days') 

Search 'i'm sorry to hear that' of 'to report the passing of' on Deathlist is unsurprisingly unfruitful...

49 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

It's merely wish-fulfillment on our Scottish misanthrope's part - the likelihood of Windy knowing anything about the Problum Child's real-life situation is about the same as me winning a dead pool. Though the thought of those two as FB BFFs raises a smile.

I just made - the clearly wrong - assumption Windsor was being serious.... 

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Having taken a break myself for a while I notice that Carol Ann doesn’t seem to be around any more?  I did try and look for her recent activity but the members menu never works for me, just like the shitty search function.

CA is fine.

2 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Seriously, it took years for someone to think of this? Extremely odd of him never to pop back to let us know he's alive unless he's completely stopped browsing the forum given how often the subject has come up in the intervening years..... :wacko: Maybe he literally stopped browsing the forum or found it quite amusing that we all thought he was a dead.

As regards to dead dead-poolers at some pointy in the past 3 years, Banshees died apparently.

That's the only confirmed case I can think of, which kind of makes sense. Why would anyone think to tell a forum of weirdos obsessed with death that a family member friend has died, and how many of us actually tell our families about this site anyway!

Banshees isn't dead.

The Pooka hasn't been around for a long time.

That will be two members that were good to have on here, for completely different reasons, obv.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Are you thinking of DeathList Observer? His 'son' comes on to tell us he died but I don't thin any of us believed him.

• Haha 2

Is there a Deathlist FB group?

4 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Is there a Deathlist FB group?

Yes, but it's even more boring than this thread. 

• Haha 6

I am very happy to say i'm here.

I may only be a bit part player here, but serious health issues earlier this year meant I had instructed the missus to log on to say i'd popped off, and thanks for the laughs.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'll have it organised that my death will be published on this forum, although I have 57 years left until I hit the average life expectancy in the UK so you may be waiting a while...

16 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Are you thinking of DeathList Observer? His 'son' comes on to tell us he died but I don't thin any of us believed him.

Nowt to do with DL posting but several years ago a few people received messages from the "son" of Paul Harrison suggesting he was dead. There was a fulsome obituary printed in the Carlisle United fan magazine. V.long story short, the faked death eventually turned into sizable stories in the local and national press because other lies caught him out - link: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jul/15/true-authors-interviewed-serial-killers-paul-harrison

• Like 1

There was this one new member from an Asian country whom I was told by Charon in 2016 that they might've died around that time. It was just specultion, though. Not certain. Glad to hear about Magere. Maybe there was death in his family and he got sad to the point of not even wanting to visit this morbid site. I can tell you right now that I would most likely stop deadpooling if any of my closest died + limit my visits here enormously.

38 minutes ago, Predictor said:

There was this one new member from an Asian country whom I was told by Charon in 2016 that they might've died around that time. It was just specultion, though. Not certain. Glad to hear about Magere. Maybe there was death in his family and he got sad to the point of not even wanting to visit this morbid site. I can tell you right now that I would most likely stop deadpooling if any of my closest died + limit my visits here enormously.

Why though? It’s a completely different thing.  I found it quite comforting to be able to post things here during my sister’s illness and subsequent death at the age of 43, fully aware it’s strangers on the internet and most people don’t give a fuck but that was useful as it’s people ‘outside’ of the situation, if that makes sense?  

• Like 4

People have different reactions to dealing with loss. You’re right for some people it’s better to discuss it on the forums to help them move on, but some people might also think the right choice for them is to take a hiatus from the forums/dead pooling in general like Dr T. It’s just different for every person. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

People have different reactions to dealing with loss. You’re right for some people it’s better to discuss it on the forums to help them move on, but some people might also think the right choice for them is to take a hiatus from the forums/dead pooling in general like Dr T. It’s just different for every person. 

This is true - I wasn’t meaning to question another’s motives, reading it back my post didn’t come across as I intended.  We are certainly all different in our ways, and this is what makes the forum the veritable smorgasbord of all human life that it is :D

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Anyone got any idea about science boffin and all-around good egg, Dr Monoclinic? Seems vanished from social media and here for a long time.

She came back for an all too brief moment maybe a couple of years ago.