Miracle Aligner

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 2

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

I had Cocu! Only noticed having checked my team but thought he was a silly miss when you said I didn't have him. :lol:

Sorry, you're right. Must be getting old, I scrolled through and completely missed him in your list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following my omission, thought I'd actually do some housekeeping on this and check where we actually stand - we've missed some!

Hits mentioned here (7): Eddie Howe (Bournemouth - mutual consent), Russ Wilcox (Southend - new manager confirmed), Hayden Mullins (Watford - new manager confirmed), Mark Molesley (Weymouth - moved to new club), Sabri Lamouchi (Nottingham Forest - sacked), Garry Monk (Sheffield Wednesday - sacked), Philip Cocu (Derby - sacked)

Also hits (4): Gerhard Struber (Barnsley - moved to new club), Mark Bowen (Reading - resigned), Mark Kennedy (Macclesfield - resigned), Richie Wellens (Swindon - moved to new club)

Misses (4): Paul Cook (Wigan - resigned), Graham Coughlan (Mansfield - sacked), Michael Jackson (Tranmere - new manager confirmed), John Sheridan (Wigan - moved to new club [technically ineligible for this game though]), Ben Garner (Bristol Rovers - sacked)

Current leaderboard:

@RoverAndOut - 7 (Howe, Monk, Mullins, Cocu, Lamouchi, Wilcox, Kennedy)

@BuffaloPhil - 5 (Cocu, Struber, Lamouchi, Bowen, Wellens)

@Great Uncle Bulgaria - 4 (Howe, Mullins, Cocu, Molesley)

@msc - 3 (Howe, Struber, Lamouchi)

@Miracle Aligner - 2 (Howe, Monk)

I only took everybody's first 20 names, assuming the rest were subs 'in case of pre-start sackings'. Richie Wellens was a funny one - Phil mentioned Graham Alexander had been sacked at Salford and we'd all missed him out, but didn't notice that Wellens had taken over - who was on his team! :lol:

Fairly productive start, but until the Premier League sack race begins then we're in a bit of a holding pattern.

• Like 2

Thanks Rover. Fwiw due to Paul Cook quitting before start line I have Roy Hodgson instead (which explains Palace's surprisingly good start to the season).

• Like 1

Rover and Out and myself hit with Slaven Bilic.

Perhaps surprisingly, no-one has Mikel Arteta (except Miracle Aligner in his many subs.) Can't see him lasting much longer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Watford sack Ivic 

Don't think any of us had him, probably on account of him being appointed after the game started :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Watford sack Ivic 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Don't think any of us had him, probably on account of him being appointed after the game started :rolleyes:

Just shows what little attention I pay to this game. :P

• Haha 2

On the day that 2 hits here are both sacked, it seems only right to update the leaderboard. There's been 11 managerial changes since the last update (all sacked) and among them 4 hits in this pool. 2 of them were ineligible due to taking the job after the game started (you really don't get long these days!) and new hits are in green.

Hits mentioned here (8): Eddie Howe (Bournemouth - mutual consent), Russ Wilcox (Southend - new manager confirmed), Hayden Mullins (Watford - new manager confirmed), Mark Molesley (Weymouth - moved to new club), Sabri Lamouchi (Nottingham Forest - sacked), Garry Monk (Sheffield Wednesday - sacked), Philip Cocu (Derby - sacked), Slaven Bilic (West Ham - sacked)

Also hits (7): Gerhard Struber (Barnsley - moved to new club), Mark Bowen (Reading - resigned), Mark Kennedy (Macclesfield - resigned), Richie Wellens (Swindon - moved to new club), Stuart McCall (Bradford - sacked), Joey Barton (Fleetwood - sacked), John Askey (Port Vale - sacked)

Misses (9): Paul Cook (Wigan - resigned), Graham Coughlan (Mansfield - sacked), Michael Jackson (Tranmere - new manager confirmed), John Sheridan (Wigan - moved to new club [technically ineligible for this game though]), Ben Garner (Bristol Rovers - sacked), Sam Ricketts (Shrewsbury - sacked), Phil Parkinson (Sunderland - sacked), David Dunn (Barrow - sacked), Vladimir Ivic (Watford - sacked [ineligible]), Ian Holloway (Grimsby - sacked), Tony Pulis (Sheffield Wednesday - sacked [ineligible]), Jake Buxton (Burton Albion - sacked), 

Current leaderboard:

@RoverAndOut - 10 (Howe, Monk, Mullins, Cocu, Lamouchi, Wilcox, Kennedy, McCall, Bilic, Barton)

@BuffaloPhil - 7 (Cocu, Struber, Lamouchi, Bowen, Wellens, Bilic, Barton)

@Great Uncle Bulgaria - 5 (Howe, Mullins, Cocu, Molesley, Askey)

@msc - 3 (Howe, Struber, Lamouchi)

@Miracle Aligner - 2 (Howe, Monk)

Somehow, I'm up to half marks now, and irritatingly Phil Parkinson was my first reserve so I could have 11. I may be screwed by Aston Villa, Leeds and Burnley doing better than hoped and their managers not leaving any time soon, though, so I wouldn't worry too much. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Bradley Quinton sacked with Welling Utd bottom of the league....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Frank Lampard - fuck sake! He wasn't that bad, was he? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55794158

By 'normal' standards, no, but this is the Premier league where you're only as good as your last result (or in this case 5 out of 8 (league) results). Plus, Roman Abramovich.

4 minutes ago, time said:

By 'normal' standards, no, but this is the Premier league where you're only as good as your last result (or in this case 5 out of 8 (league) results). Plus, Roman Abramovich.

Abramovich has spent well over £100million sacking managers before today - obviously, there are loads of working class Russians glad he left their land with loads of cash that could have been wasted on things like health care and building roads!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Abramovich has spent well over £100million sacking managers before today - obviously, there are loads of working class Russians glad he left their land with loads of cash that could have been wasted on things like health care and building roads!

Embracing the free market economy or summat.

• Haha 1

Bruce next to go. Surely he must be

50 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Yeah, he's missed his opportunity though - a month back he could have managed Debenhams

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2021 at 22:29, Leon Brittan said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Rumours going round he's refused a huge pay off to the point Ashley's got to keep him on to the end of his contract anyway as he'd have to use his own money to fund a new manager. We're not Chelsea,  these things matter sadly. 

But don't worry we've got Luton's hateable former manager to assist him, reminder of that record.

Team From To Record
P W D L Win %
Luton Town 7 May 2019 24 April 2020 41 12 5 24 29.3
Total 41 12 5 24

Oh and he was at Bournemouth too, but not when they were any good. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Resurrectionist said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Rumours going round he's refused a huge pay off to the point Ashley's got to keep him on to the end of his contract anyway as he'd have to use his own money to fund a new manager. We're not Chelsea,  these things matter sadly. 

But don't worry we've got Luton's hateable former manager to assist him, reminder of that record.

Team From To Record
P W D L Win %
Luton Town 7 May 2019 24 April 2020 41 12 5 24 29.3
Total 41 12 5 24

Oh and he was at Bournemouth too, but not when they were any good. 

As a west brom fan we had Graeme Jones as assistant a few years ago. Awful controlling and an arrogant arsehole

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

As a west brom fan we had Graeme Jones as assistant a few years ago. Awful controlling and an arrogant arsehole

Yeah, everything I've heard about him is that he's the perfect partner for Steve Bruce personality wise.

Not much cop at running football clubs by the sounds of it. I love how he bangs on about his Roberto Martinez time - it's like Nick Clegg claiming the 2010-15 Coalition was good because it was successful for the Conservatives. Yes, but what the fuck did you achieve out of it? 

• Like 1

The way we (wba) are playing at the moment my moneys now on the gravy guzzler

Jason Tindall sacked from Bournemouth 

5 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Jason Tindall sacked from Bournemouth 

Frank Lampard (with help from his Uncle 'Arry who lives locally) is free at the moment...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Frank Lampard (with help from his Uncle 'Arry who lives locally) is free at the moment...

Harry being a cherries legend may be a selling point for fat Frank to get the job 

Jonathan Woodgate was appointed to the coaching team a few days ago... he's currently the favourite. As a Cherries fan I'd much rather Lampard get it than Woodgate.

2 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Jonathan Woodgate was appointed to the coaching team a few days ago... he's currently the favourite. As a Cherries fan I'd much rather Lampard get it than Woodgate.

You mean you value getting to the playoffs over a relegation battle? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1