Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool III

Space Fliers updated for Dying Probably and The Old Lady's missing pick. It wasn't a unique. The numbering is now off but I can alter that when I am not on my phone.

Numbering now corrected

• Like 2

I'm waiting to post the full stats until I've seen everyone's teams in full, but this is easily the fastest that the first two deaths have been recorded in Scavenger Hunt. It's been 14 days since the game went live and it was 10 days old when Dame Diana died.

In Round 1, Donald Carr (cricketer) died after 12 days but the next death (Len Maddocks - cricketer) didn't arrive until 3 months had passed (game started in June, Maddocks died on September 2nd).

In Round 2, the game started in March but the first hit didn't arrive until the death of Charles Neville (Grammys) near the end of April (56 days later), while the second death (Joseph Campanella - Dallas) wasn't til mid-May (another 21 days later).

Off we go again!

• Like 1

Eurovision performers are up - Boom Bang A Bang

I will allow challenges on veracity until 8th October (because I will be away for a week between now and then)

Once we get to that date the teams are fixed

Now wait

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yay, I have at least one unique in every category.

Not going to matter. :lol:

• Like 2

Well, a 3rd unique.... so at least, there's a chance!

• Like 1

I've done a great job of finding unique picks (1,4,3,3,3) thereby ensuring they go on to live long and happy lives.

• Haha 4

Niels Olsen gonna be appearing on a few DDP contenders' teams next year then?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Eurovision performers are up - Boom Bang A Bang

All present and correct in this category, just a couple of OCD key issues: Hughes Aufrey and Birthe Wilkie are in red for unique, but have two sets of initials next to them!

Thanks for running this again Biblio!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Niels Olsen gonna be appearing on a few DDP contenders' teams next year then?

Later Years

In 2019, the brothers called an end to their musical career after Niels was diagnosed with brain cancer.[3]

HOW DID I MISS THIS NUGGET DURING MY RESEARCH?! :facepalm:

• Like 1

A lot of picks for Nora Nova

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

All present and correct in this category, just a couple of OCD key issues: Hughes Aufrey and Birthe Wilkie are in red for unique, but have two sets of initials next to them!

Thanks for running this again Biblio!

Corrected

• Like 1

Michael Lonsdale a hit for eight teams

Only one person moves into the position of having two hits which is @The Old Crem

Scoreboard will be updated

• Like 4

Michael Lonsdale got as many picks as Sean Connery in the Bond category.

The Bond cast team are out of the blocks pretty damn quick for this game but no uniques yet

Adieu, Commissaire Lebel.

Lonsdale.jpg?resize=534,436&ssl=1

• Like 1

Another hit! 3 already and I'm now up and running! Best crack out these stats before we get too far into game play or, who knows, we could be done by year's end!

• This round saw 225 picks, far more than Round 1 (192) or Round 2 (190).
  • This is probably not surprising as we have 19 participants in R3, 4 more than Rounds 1 and 2 (15). There are 6 brand new players, while 9 have played all 3 rounds so far and 3 have returned from R2. Biblio has played the last 2 games and was obviously around for R1 but didn't play.
  • There were 52 picks in the Eurovision category, matching the number from the Grammys category in R2 and more than any in R1.
  • Space Flyers was the smallest category (38 picks) but this is larger than the smallest categories in R1 (Presidential elections - 22, Cricketers - 36) or R2 (EU Leaders - 29, Dallas Stars and Boxers - 34)
  • Most popular pick this round was the indestructible Nobby Stiles (11/19 teams) - this is more than anyone on R2 (Morgan Woodward, Dallas, 8/15 teams) but equals picks of George H.W. Bush on R1 (11/15 teams), however this is a higher percentage due to less teams taking part (Lord Carrington, House of Lords - 10/15 and Lindsay Tuckett, Cricketers - 9/15 also better Nobby's pick percentage)
  • Jimmy Carter has been a pick on all 3 games so far (Presidential Elections, Grammy Winners and Nobel Prize Winners) - I haven't done an exhaustive search but I'm not aware of anyone else who has been picked in all 3 games (although at least one other possible exists: Olivia Newton-John - #1s, Grammy Winners, Eurovision)
  • Jim Lovell was picked in 6 teams but fellow astronaut Frank Borman was more popular, being in 9 teams - this, despite the fact that Borman is just 1 week older than Lovell!
  • Strangely, I got a unique pick with Park Jae-Sung in the World Cup players category - he is the oldest living World Cup footballer at 97!
  • All players bar The Old Crem (2) and Grim Up North (1) have a chance of winning by the 3 unique picks method. This includes me for the first time in this game!
  • Toast, Death Impends, Banana, GCReptile and msc were saved on this count only once the Eurovision picks were revealed and all just qualify with 3 uniques.
  • Most unique picks this time were Great Uncle Bulgaria and Time (14 each) followed by Yorkshire Banker (13) and Bibliogryphon (11).  This is less than FujimoriNoMorey's 15 uniques last time but to date only ONE of Fujimori's 15 uniques has actually died.
  • Rotten Ali won R1 by this method but only had 8 uniques in total, of which 4 have now died.

Finally, following the death of Michael Lonsdale, this is the second time that the first 3 deaths have all come in the same category (after Test Match Cricketers in R1) but only 2 more deaths in that category occurred during game play . It is the first time we've had 3 deaths in a calendar month of game play since February 2019, when there were 4 scoring deaths - still 9 days to go in September, mind! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They're dropping like flies this time around! Course, the way this game works we'll still be here in 2024, but at least there's some action!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

@CaptainChorizo gets the first unique of the game with his second hit so he has two categories blanked out and one unique. Two potential hits from winning.

Yeah, but we're pretty much all just 3 hits from winning, right? ;)

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yeah, but we're pretty much all just 3 hits from winning, right? ;)

But this hit is the first to reduce that to two. If he gets another unique I will list who would win it for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

But this hit is the first to reduce that to two. If he gets another unique I will list who would win it for him.

Fair enough. A quick glance at Cap's other uniques is interesting: no one that jumps out as a definite hit, but they could easily die in quick succession. It's feast or famine in this game!

• Like 1