Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool III

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am still competitive enough to try for a unique

Well you keep going Champ, they won't be laughing in the end will they? ;)

Trying to predict the Scavenger Hunt, though...it's a mug's game. :lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well you keep going Champ, they won't be laughing in the end will they? ;)

Trying to predict the Scavenger Hunt, though...it's a mug's game. :lol:

I only have one hit but it is a unique so another unique would put me in a very efficient winning position

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I only have one hit but it is a unique so another unique would put me in a very efficient winning position

Fair point. Having just had a look, you've got a 70s Scottish goalkeeper, and given the way they're diminishing, that's not a bad shout. And you could sneak up on the inside with the unpredictable Nobel Prize Winners group, where you have 4 uniques - youngest is 81, oldest is 89, so who knows?! It was enough for Rotten Ali in Game 1...

• Like 1

Random historical update alert: Shirley Williams's passing means the long-gone Rockhopper Penguin becomes the 10th person to complete the first round of this game. He actually scored a Unique hit (his 3rd) but also his 5th and final House of Lords member, meaning he becomes the second person after ImNotHades to complete 2 ways at once! 

Only Switch, Young Willz, Rad Guy, Time and good old Deathers have yet to finish the first round any of the 3 possible ways nearly 5 years after it began and nearly 3-and-a-half years after it ended!

• Thanks 2

If André Maranne is indeed dead, Banana wins.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

If André Maranne is indeed dead, Banana wins.

We wait....

• Like 1

Death date for Maranne on Wiki appears to have gone. In which case, it's still game on for now...

Does the Scavenger Hunt go by date of death or date of QO? Because that could come into play here if Robbie Coltrane carks it tomorrow but in three weeks' time The Stage reports Maranne died the other day.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Does the Scavenger Hunt go by date of death or date of QO? Because that could come into play here if Robbie Coltrane carks it tomorrow but in three weeks' time The Stage reports Maranne died the other day.

I am presuming that you are describing a hypothetical situation or is Robbie Coltrane likely to cark it this week?

If an obit comes in that ends the game then I will not be waiting for an obit for another potential hit from several weeks ago. 

• Like 1

While we are waiting, a musical interlude:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am presuming that you are describing a hypothetical situation or is Robbie Coltrane likely to cark it this week?

If an obit comes in that ends the game then I will not be waiting for an obit for another potential hit from several weeks ago. 

Oof! Quick @Toast ! There's still time to creep up behind Coltrane in a clown mask and go "BOO!" :lol:

• Haha 1

Was sure this finished the game - apparently not! On we go... :lol:

• Like 1

Five players get a hit in the astronauts category

Michael Collins                                                 bg, mc, oc, to, yb

For myself and @YorkshireBankerthis is only the second hit in the competition.  @The Old Crem gets a third hit in a second category. @Toastgets a massive seventh hit but moving into a winning position with his fifth hit in a fourth category is @mscwho only needs a Eurovision performer to complete a line on his bingo card

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Five players get a hit in the astronauts category

Michael Collins                                                 bg, mc, oc, to, yb

For myself and @YorkshireBankerthis is only the second hit in the competition.  @The Old Crem gets a third hit in a second category. @Toastgets a massive seventh hit but moving into a winning position with his fifth hit in a fourth category is @mscwho only needs a Eurovision performer to complete a line on his bingo card

I can never remember how this works...who wins if Nora Nova dies? An Fear Baeg and msc both have her.

4 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I can never remember how this works...who wins if Nora Nova dies? An Fear Baeg and msc both have her.

First it goes by number of uniques then by total number of hits if that is equal then it will be a tie.

I will update the winning list later today

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 20:15, Bibliogryphon said:

Winning picks 

1. Isabelle Aubrey (di)

2. Franco Battiato (af)

3. Solange Berry (di)*

4. Frank Borman (ba)

5. Robbie Coltrane (to)*

6. Drio Campeotto (mc)

7. Anatoly Filipchenko (ba)*

8. Ferry Graf (di)

9. Ken Mattingly (ba)

10. André Maranne (ba)

11. James McDivitt (ba)

12. Olivia Newton John (af)

13. Nora Nova (af/mc)

14. Simone de Olivera (af)

15. Niels Olsen (mc)

16. Jean Philippe (di)

17. Marcos Pontes (gr)

18. Leonid Popov (gr)

19. Vladimir Shatalov (gr)

20. Tom Stafford (ba)

21.  Roy Taylor (af)

22. Tonina Torrielle (di)

23. Birthe Wilkie (mc)

24. Aleksei Yeliseyev (gr)

Three names get added to the list for @msc @Death Impendshas more hits so holds on to Solange Berry but Nora Nova is currently a tie with @AnfearBaeg so this is when non winning hits become important. 

This is getting very interesting and has moved faster than the earlier rounds though it has slowed in the past few weeks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

7. Anatomy Filipchenko (ba)*

Presumably he will go in a body bag if he dies.:D

• Haha 2

Congratulations Banana then?

• Like 1

I think in terms of form, Banana is the best deadpooler on the planet right now.

• Like 1

Well Done, Banana!

• Like 1

Well Congratulations to @Bananayou are the Champion of the Third Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool and the first player to get all 5 in one category.

I am quite pleased each way of winning has now be achieved 

Thanks must also go to @RoverAndOutfor picking such categories to give such a whirlwind game. 

Also msc, The Old Crem and Rover all picked Andre Maranne as well.

@Dying Probablywas the only player without a score.

I will update the scoreboard.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well Congratulations to @Bananayou are the Champion of the Third Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool and the first player to get all 5 in one category.

I am quite pleased each way of winning has now be achieved 

Thanks must also go to @RoverAndOutfor picking such categories to give such a whirlwind game. 

Also msc, The Old Crem and Rover all picked Andre Maranne as well.

@Dying Probablywas the only player without a score.

I will update the scoreboard.

Congrats @Banana 

Presumably @Dying Probably will be changing their name. After coming close last SH2, I'm back to the same form as SH1.

• Like 2

Congrats @Banana! It looked fairly likely and I'm glad things didn't get complicated by someone else winning with Michael Collins instead!

Thanks, as always to @Bibliogryphon for running things so efficiently and for devising such a clever and engaging format.

As he said, all 3 games have now been won by a different method, proving they're all possible outs if you pick wisely and I'm pleased the game still ended in a competitive way with lots of possible winners even if we got there in quicker than usual time!

Good luck with the next one Banana, I look forward to seeing your choices and making my picks! Are we looking at a 1st June start date by any chance?

• Like 3