I'm guessing the DDP and HPDP will throw up loads of candidates fit for a paragraph and unfit for a busy thread or proper obit. Mebbe a good idea to collect such creatures on one thread so's those of us with an - ahem - sporting interest can keep tabs on 'em.

I'll cop for having such an interest in Rachil Jonze, who might just be this year's Ms Groves.

Similarly Ian McNicol may afford us that combination of brief media coverage and ongoing ranter fire we've come to know and love over the years.

and

Dawn Hughes' illness was the subject of television coverage as part of Channel 4's 'Mummy Diaries.' She's also made appearances on BBC television and the BBC web site, her husband works for the Beeb.

Then there's everyone's favourite pin up: Winnie Langley. I took a long-shot punt on her for the DDP mainly because I thought if she went the various papers who'd covered her 100th birthday wouldn't be able to resist running that great picture again.

Anyone else gonna cop for long shot picks before OoO and NAP do their duty and reveal all?