Given the high standards to which we (well, some of us ) aspire on this web site, and the grammatical, spelling, style and generally pedantic points-of-order which many of us take pleasure in meting out incessantly, I was dismayed when, finally, I read the DeathList intro' for 2005.   May I suggest the following changes:   "So here’re the carefully selected candidates for DeathList 2005. To summarize the idea behind DeathList: The DeathList committee draws up (the) DeathList at the end of each year with the objective of selecting the most celebrities who will die in the next calendar year. The list comprises 50 celebrities, with no more than 25 who appeared on the previous year's list. The 2004 list had 12 successes, but was unable to overhaul the record of 14 set in 2003. How will the 2005 runners and riders fare?"   LP3   N.B. I hope to hell that I haven't gaffed. For all you pedants out there, I do not recommend that my suggested changes are implemented in red, nor that the extra punctuation is particularly large. The quotes can be lost too.