Good point Oc. I'm not sure why I didn't give the points bonus. Perhaps it was the time factor (18 months between accident and death).   I'll cogitate on the legality of this and let you know soon...   EDIT: now I know why having fully woken up and this is an important point to bear in mind:   Friso wasn't awarded bonus unnatural points because the accident occurred in 2012 (February), a previous year of the competition. Now I am of the the belief that an unnatural points bonus is given because it is unexpected (Murder, fall, suicide etc). If Michael Shumacher dies tonight (before 23:00 GMT to be precise) if would have been as a result of a skiing accident that was totally unexpected and therefore Pass Me The Mike gets the points (Age (10) + Unique (3) + Unnatural (3) = 16 points).   Teams are coming in with the knowledge of Shumacher's accident/coma in much the same way Death Row prisoners were picked. Should Schumi make it to 2014 and then cark it, then it would have as a result of injuries sustained in the previous year of the competition. Of course the factor here is of time. Friso's accident was months before 2013 began, whereas with Schumacher, it is merely days.   I think it would go against the spirit of the game to awarded "bonus" points.   The only previous precedent in DDP history makes the same point. On 25th December 2007, boxer Yo-Sam Choi was injured and in a coma as a result of a fight. He died on 2nd January 2008 and no bonus points were awarded. (and you were in charge, Oc!)   So in summary, If Schumacher died before 23:00 GMT (00:00 local time) bonus points are awarded. After, they are not...   (bangs gavel) Case dismissed!