Sign in to follow this  
Body Snatcher 44

Australian Bushfire Victims.

G'Day Everyone.

This is my first post and I know this is a bit out of date, but I only discovered this site last week.

On Feb 7th the tragic bushfire that swept across Victoria Australia claimed the lives of esteemed former news reader Brian Naylor (78) and his wife Moiree. They died trying to save their home.

Also victim of the fire was actor Reg Evens (80) and his wife Angela Brunton, who also died trying to save their home. Evens is best remembered for his role as the station master in the Mad Max films.

Victoria usually copes with an annual bushfire, despite the state government ban on high country cattle grazing which causes the dry undergrowth to become fuel for the fire, but this year the fires were so fast (people only had 5 minutes to react) and devastating that it claimed over 200 lives. Tragically, forensics has only identified roughly 60 of the bodies, a work in progress. I know that Reg and Brian may be unknown to most of you, but they were celebrities here in Australia and I thought it a fitting tribute to include them alongside fellow celebrities.

You'll have to forgive me for not including pictures and links as I'm still getting used to this site. any advice?

Use the insert Link and/or Insert Image buttons just under the font name when you are editing your post.

Welcome to DL Body Snatcher. You'll be glad to know, you're not the sole Antipodean to have found the place.

I did find a photo for you.

body_bags.jpg