Guest Death List Watcher

Darlie Routier

Guest Death List Watcher

Darlie Routier, 34, is Death List material for either 2006, 2007, or 2008. She is the Rowlett, Texas, mother convicted of the stabbing death of her 5-year-old son, Damon, and held responsible for the death of her 6-year-old son, Devon, in 1996. I do not believe an execution date has been set, yet from what I've heard, it will be within these next three years.

Not famous enough, and there is also debate as to whether people on death row may be placed on the list

Actually she's probably disqualified for being famous only because she's going to die.

If she wasn't on death row, few would've heard of her.

Guest IYG

What if there is a celebrity on Death Row, lets say Robert Blake if he is found guilty, could he top the charts?

Or what about John Lennon's murderer, is he famous enough to be on this list?

Or what about John Lennon's murderer, is he famous enough to be on this list?

Yeah, that guy, whatsisname. He's famous :banghead:

Mark Chapman, if memory serves.

It's an interesting point, which the moderators will probably have to discuss, whether convicted murderers on death row are 1) famous enough, or 2) eligible to be included on the deathlist.

The appeals process is long, so a death and its timing would be hard to predict, on the other hand, the present president of the US seems to have managed to speed the thing along a bit.

I think the unwritten rules of the deathlist state that someone is not eligible if they are only famous because they might die. That seems clear enough.

There are also quite a few executions in the US, enough that they wouldn't all be reported in the national press.

I also feel it would be unsportsmanlike if, for example, someone made a DDP entry consisting entirely of people on death row whose appeals were running out. Many of them are under 50 and the suicide risk is also higher.

Whether a celebrity's murderer could be allowed on the grounds that the murder made him famous, not the fact that he might die, is probably a matter for the Upper Echelons of the Deathlist to discuss at their leisure.

My own position is that it isn't in the spirit of the deathlist as I understand it to include these unfortunate souls. Where the hand of man is involved, the element of chance/fate is much reduced, and with it the skill in prediction. With diligent research it should always be possible to find bona-fide candidates for the Deathlist without resorting to such cop-outs.

Excellently put NotAPotatoe.

Sorry Notapotato, I added an E to the end of your name. Does this make it feminine?

Sorry Notapotato, I added an E to the end of your name.  Does this make it feminine?

I believe many prominent Americans prefer that spelling.

I assure you, Notapotato is no lady.

I would say that certain people on death row can qualify, like Robert Blake, and perhaps John Lennon's killer as mentioned above.

Sorry Notapotato, I added an E to the end of your name.  Does this make it feminine?

Actually in 1992, the ex American Vice President, Dan Quayle made a major gaffe regarding the spelling of potato. He was visiting an elementary school and asked a Trenton, sixth grader to spell potato. The boy correctly spelled it, but Mr. Quayle tried to correct him by insisting that it was spelt “potatoe”

This incident still follows Mr Quayle, even though it happened 13 years ago.

(correction made)

1992: Dan Quayle and the ‘potatoe’ kid

Actually in 1992, the ex American Vice President, Dan Quayle made a major gaffe regarding the spelling of potato. He was visiting an elementary school and asked a Trenton, sixth grader to spell potato. The boy correctly spelled it, but Mr. Quayle tried to correct him by insisting that it was spelt “potatoe”

This incident still follows Mr Quayle, even though it happened 15 years ago.

1992: Dan Quayle and the ‘potatoe’ kid

And so it should, the pig-ignorant twunt.

Guest Angry Citizen

Leave the guy alone, he was probably nervous, we all make mistakes.

Going back to the "Do murderers qualify for the DL?" The answer has to be yes. We have had Ian Brady on the books a couple of times now. He is only famous for being a murderer Therefore if Mark Chapman is famous for being the murderer of John Lennon, he must qualify. The general feeling at DL HQ is that Harold Shipman was a bit of miss as well!

DWB :lol:

I too can see no reason to deny anyone candidature for the Deathlist simply because they are convicted murderers.

Not all murderers get the death penalty though, e.g Brady and Chapman to name but two.

Should someone under an impending death sentence really be allowed? It seems too easy to me, even though their death is not assured until shortly before it occurs. (In the US at least)

OTOH: I suppose at the end of the day, dead is dead. One or two who are a bit easier to predict aren't really going to spoil the fun of it.

Guest Angrier Citizen
Mr Citzen, if indeed that is your real name, this dunce of a man was once a single pretzel away from becoming the most powerful politician on the planet. See this link for more of his supreme ignorance.

he's a twunt and I'm sticking to it.

Shut up you slut

The Genius of Dan Quayle...

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle, 5/22/89 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

-- Senator Dan Quayle, 9/15/88 (reported in Esquire, 8/92, The New Yorker, 10/10/88, p.102)

This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!

-- Senator Dan Quayle, 9/2/88 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is `to be prepared'.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle, 12/6/89 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

A Grade A, copper-bottomed, fat steaming mess of a twunt.

Leave the guy alone, he was probably nervous, we all make mistakes.

Indeed.

One would think that one would have learnt from mistakes made previously so that IPso facto they are not repeated, with repeatable consequences ...

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." --Albert Einstein.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." --Albert Einstein.

This is Dan Quayle's life achievement; he actually managed to prove Einstein wrong.

This is Dan Quayle's life achievement; he actually managed to prove Einstein wrong.

Afraid I have to disagree - I think Dan Quayle proved Einstein correct, in showing that there is no end to stupidy :lol:

The Genius of Dan Quayle...

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle, 5/22/89 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

-- Senator Dan Quayle, 9/15/88 (reported in Esquire, 8/92, The New Yorker, 10/10/88, p.102)

This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!

-- Senator Dan Quayle, 9/2/88 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is `to be prepared'.

-- Vice President Dan Quayle, 12/6/89 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)

Although I am a dedicated Republican, I have to admit that Dan Quayle really was a flaky guy and he made a complete fool out of himself. He also didn't think before he spoke judging by the hundreds of quotes on that site.

Twunt!

To me this is a new word. Fabulous, I shall use it at every opportunity.

As I remarked elsewhere:

It's not just entertainment, it's an education.

Well, who'd've twunk it.