Lady Die

Rachel Squire

Labour MP Rachel Squire is being treated in an Edinburgh hospital after suffering a stroke.

The MP for Dunfermline and West Fife, who is 50, is in the high dependency unit after being admitted on Wednesday.

A brain tumour she had battled in December had caused bleeding on the brain, a Labour Party spokeswoman said.

"She was sleeping all day - although she is not in a coma - and is not fully conscious," she said.

Ms Squire, who was elected in 1992, has suffered two brain tumours and is the patron for cancer charity Brain Tumour Action.

The Labour Party spokeswoman added: "Doctors have said it will take two or three weeks before her brain settles down and they can tell how she has been affected by the stroke.

"Everyone in the party hopes she gets better very soon."

Ms Squire has fought to secure regeneration funds for her seat, home to Rosyth dockyard, and also helped to secure the future of a local coal mine.

Ms Squire has fought to secure regeneration funds for her seat, home to Rosyth dockyard, and also helped to secure the future of a local coal mine.

Without injecting too much politics into this thread the loathesome New Labour whore also voted for the case for war in Iraq, for top up fees, for foundation hospitals, for our glorious "anti" "terror" "legislation" and couldn't be arsed to vote in any of the readings of the ID register bill.

Does anyone know which local coal mine? I'll be buggered if I can think of one in her constituency.

I'll go away now and ponder who to vote for in the up coming by-election.

Guest Guest

Without injecting too much politics into this thread the loathesome New Labour whore also voted for the case for war in Iraq, for top up fees, for foundation hospitals, for our glorious "anti" "terror" "legislation" and couldn't be arsed to vote in any of the readings of the ID register bill.

Does anyone know which local coal mine? I'll be buggered if I can think of one in her constituency.

Longannet.

Guest soon

Live in her constituency do you?

Yoda are you?

Guest soon

Yoda are you?

:o v good

Guest Guest

Bloody irritating it is...

MP Rachel Squire has died of cancer aged 51.

That's a DDP hit for Grobler's Stiff Ones and The Winged Devil Monkeys.

Mr Grobler is now of this Parish I believe.

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein