Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Upping The Ante

Should there be more people?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was early along the Hudson and I could hear the throbbing of my heart beating away as I thought of that handsome bartender over at Julius's the other night but that takes me away from the purpose of this post.

It occurred to me in recent times, well actually last week at the time of the departure from the Music Stage of one Lou Rawls, that if Deathlist were firing on all cylinders and hitting the targets regularly that we could get a hit every week. Well that made me stop and think......if there are indeed 52 weeks in a year as I had been led to believe, then would not there also be in sound logic the possibility of a death every week? Now if this happens (and mind you all it well may could, providing that David Jason kicks off on time) then we would be left with two empty weeks without weeping. What would we do then?

So with these thoughts in mind I decided it was time for this poll, mainly to see how others feel about this and also to find out who you would add on if there were 2 more weeks.

My first choice is Eddie Woodward who has been bone idle since 2002 according to IMDB, now I realize he is only pushing towards 76 (June 1 will be the big day) but more than 3 years without a peep?

How about John Archibald Wheeler? This physcisissst who worked with Niels Bohr on The Physics of Nuclear Fission was Born in 1911. At 94+ he must be getting ready to split some molecules.

So come on tell me who you'd add.

How about John Archibald Wheeler? This physcisissst who worked with Niels Bohr on The Physics of Nuclear Fission was Born in 1911. At 94+ he must be getting ready to split some molecules.

So come on tell me who you'd add.

I voted for needless and promising. That seems to somehow sum up how I feel.

I suggested Wheeler a long time ago, but no one seemed to listen to me, which will be fine if he dies this year since I'll get an extra point on my DDP. I think he's about ready for the final "graviational collapse" as well.

And as for who I'd add? Estelle Getty, maybe Abby Van Buren too.

Good show Paul......you are right Wheeler doesn't get near enough attention as a potential hit. I'll be rooting for him in your DDP.

I voted Drunken Genius, though the description doesn't do you justice, Brimley.

I voted: "Aren't the Administrators in charge of this?"

Its been 50 names for too long a period to change to a new number. I'll give you that there are one or two good reasons for a 52 names list (number of cards in a deck as well as 52 weeks in a year) but adding two more names to the list will confuse the hits ratio calculations.

Anyway its the number of deaths year on year what counts, and that has been in the 12 region for quite a few years. The test of a good years 50 name list therefore being able to get a hit a month on average. Change that to a well drawn up list of 52 names and I guess a poor year will become 12 hits or less!

Thank you all to those kind persons who took part in this poll.

I voted "Brimley You Are A genius" although it would be fair to say that I don't agree with the exact wording.

52 sounds like a good idea to me.

When I voted "drunken genius" I didn't mean to imply I thought 52 names was a good idea.

It is a bloody stupid idea actually.

When I voted "drunken genius" I didn't mean to imply I thought 52 names was a good idea.

Yes but I am still a geniuus right??

My first choice is Eddie Woodward who has been bone idle since 2002 according to IMDB, now I realize he is only pushing towards 76 (June 1 will be the big day) but more than 3 years without a peep?

Nonsense. I saw Edward Woodward in an episode of 'Where the Heart Is' no earlier than last year.

He did seem to have a rather nasty cough in it. I think he was putting it on, mind. :rolleyes:

But what if he wasn't?

Hmmm....still no answer. Proves I was right.