Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid Harry

Could It Be?

I know alot of people like to bad mouth Bill Clinton, this is really sad. :referee:

At least Bill was a good president, he cared about us, he didn't get us in a war that we had no business in, he didn't have us scared to walk out of our on front door and he didn't have us worried about how we could afford medical care. Bill is in my thoughts and prayers and I'd like to add, if it was possible, I'd love to have him back as president. :rip:

he didn't get us in a war that we had no business in

Clinton authorised the continued bombing of Iraq after the first gulf war. He 'ain't no saint (but he's better than either Bush.)

err, Somalia? Yugoslavia - where the US 'accidentaly' bombed the Chinese Embasy? Not to mention air strikes in Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan - for the same reasons now given by Dubya - weapons of mass distraction.

he didn't have us scared to walk out of our on front door

Unless you were female :referee:

I'd love to have him back as president.

Well, as a bleeding heart liberal, I would have to agree. But lets not let your political viewpoints blind us into thinking that Clinton was some kind of god who could do no wrong.

He may have been better than Bush (either one), but deciding to bomb Sudan and Afghanistan on the day that Monica gave her testimony seems little more than trying to use war to keep her story out the news - and shows a total disregard for life, innocent ot otherwise.

Anyone know what the life expectancy is for someone who's had a quadruple bypass? Should I pencil the Clint in for 2014?

At least he can die happy, whenever that'll be, now he's had a four-way :D

I read somewhere that Bill Clinton who had been gradually recovering right up until yesterday, has had to get checked out today after experienceing chest pains.

Anyone else hear any updates?

(Merged with similar topic - Teddy)

Well, Bill opened his new library today, so seems to be okay.

Bill's Presidential Library

The link is to the Washington Post, and registration, whilst free, is required :)

However, in the story you may find an interesting snippet. All the past Presidents attended, apart from Gerald Ford , who was 'unwell'.

Gerald R. Ford was the only living ex-president not in attendance; at 91 he was not feeling well enough to attend, Clinton said.

At 91, it could be that the next ex-ex-President in not Clinton!

Anyone know what the life expectancy is for someone who's had a quadruple bypass? Should I pencil the Clint in for 2014

Didn't Graeme Souness have one a few years back?

err, Somalia? Yugoslavia - where the US 'accidentaly' bombed the Chinese Embasy? Not to mention air strikes in Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan - for the same reasons now given by Dubya - weapons of mass distraction.

He may have been better than Bush (either one), but deciding to bomb Sudan and Afghanistan on the day that Monica gave her testimony seems little more than trying to use war to keep her story out the news - and shows a total disregard for life, innocent ot otherwise.

Well, it seems to me that if you are going to get in a War then you can't find much better reasons than Somalia and Yugoslavia, other than the other country invading you.

Both states had arguably failed by that side, both ethnitcities were killing each other with abandon, and in both states the UN was sitting on it's hands, No that is not true, In both states the UN was wagging it's finger and staying "stop that now" (Dutch Peacekeepers anyone)

Sure the US stuffed up both wars, Chinese Embassy, the whole of Somalia, but it's the thought that counts.

Ahh the Sudan and Iraqui Bombings during the Monica Testimony, probably my favourite moment in US politics, has anyone seen Wag the Dog?

As for Bill my bet is he'll die during Hilary's run for President in 2008, evoking a huge outpouring of sympathy for Hilary who heads straight to the Whitehouse. Only then will it be revealed that she was feeding him sticks of butter to finish him off..

cheers

Some wars should be fought.

Despite what some people think, you sometimes have to fight for peace.

And sometimes there is a moral justification for going to war.

[Though this doesn't excuse every excuse to fight one].