Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chewie

Cyril Fletcher Is Gone :+(

Guest Chewie
:angry: Cyril will be missed.

QUOTE (heaven can wait @ Dec 22 2004, 08:47 PM)

I read in last weeks paper that he was already dead !!!!! does anyone know the truth?

Dead or Alive?

(offending article was in the daily mail page 49 14th December edition) On closer examination, it would appear that it was one of their readers mentioned the Late Cyril Fletcher of odd ode fame ...etc etc...

Daily mail reader..... enough said

That's Death!

They were merely a little ahead of schedule. I don't remember him from "That's Life", but he's gone today - a sad early miss for DL2005, I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4141367.stm

:angry: I had him in my DDP2005 team, as did Notapotato!

No-one's going to believe this isn't a fix though, as we haven't got round to posting the teams on the website yet...

Doesn't say exactly when he died. I assume it was already 2005.

As Esther Rantzen use to say "And finally Cyril.."

I thought he'd gone years ago for some reason, but perhaps he'd just pulled a Gascoigne

Cyril Fletcher will be sadly missed. I was fortunate to hear some of his old recordings from BBC1's, "That's Life" the other day. He was quite a character!

Congratulations Rude Kid and Notapotato for the first points with Cyril Fletcher. I am also counting on a strong performance from deathlist.net for 2005. Come on Ronnie Biggs.

Refering back to the comment from Notapotato regarding when Cyril actually popped-off. If it did turn out to be a couple of days ago and the family didn't break the news immediately do the points get taken away and a substitute employed in the DDP team? If so, how do you judge who is to be used as a substitute - Notapotato and RK would now have had more time to think about a replacement and have more information to work with than any of the other players.

Just a thought.

Well actually I just wanted to stir it up a bit, but I think it is a valid point, sort of.

DWB :lol:

Guest Daisy Pusher
Refering back to the comment from Notapotato regarding when Cyril actually popped-off. If it did turn out to be a couple of days ago and the family didn't break the news immediately do the points get taken away and a substitute employed in the DDP team? If so, how do you judge who is to be used as a substitute - Notapotato and RK would now have had more time to think about a replacement and have more information to work with than any of the other players.

Just a thought.

Well actually I just wanted to stir it up a bit, but I think it is a valid point, sort of.

DWB :lol:

You guys wouldn't be willing to kill over something like this now would you?

Dunno. We make the rules up as we go along :lol:

But yep, I reckon deduction of points and the introduction of a sub would be in order.

Speaking of the Fletchers, his Wife, Betty Astell, is Still around. She is a year older than him making her 93 this year. She was in over 20 films in the 30s and 40s but I doubt she's famous enough. She could get an obit in BBC, being that she was born in England. See HERE for more.

IMDB isnt even showing that he's dead yet,

Im guessing he died on the brink of the two days, probably between 10pm and 2am. In that case, The date of his death would depend on his time zone...., he wasnt on the list, so it really doesnt matter.

The date of Cyril Fletcher's death would matter for those who selected his name for the Derby Death Pool. But it is now a *dead* issue, as everyone agrees that he died in 2005. :shoot2:

Guest Fred Ex

Cyril fletcher's wife betty astell died on the 25th july 2005 aged 93.