Genfærd

Bruce Willis

47 minutes ago, Sean said:

Were they sedated?

Yes. It almost killed them though as breathing issues are common with FTD. It's not easy to use anesthesia or incubate someone with it 

• Like 2

In an attempt to expedite Bruce’s demise today, neighbourhood children were allowed to pile on him, hoping to crush and suffocate him.

4011E209-52CE-47EF-9B90-5DCCB581D0E5.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Joltin Joe said:

It sounds like he is completely not there mentally, reading between the lines of what his wife is saying. I doubt we will be seeing many more pictures of him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/25/entertainment/bruce-willis-dementia-today-scli-intl/index.html

IMO he's a lock of a DL spot for a few years, given how long those with his particular condition tend to live according to the article.

51 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Reported to be struggling to speak now. 

The Sun

Struggling to speak? They have watched his films then..!

Hmmmm....this time I'd rather believe it.

Maybe worth pointing towards the timeline of Monty Python member Terry Jones who also had aphasia / frontotemporal dementia.

He no longer gave interviews in 2016 and lost the ability to speak more than a few words in 2017. Dead in January 2020, so less than 3 years.

Bruce Willis' final movie, as far as I can tell was filmed in Summer 2021. Looks to me like 2024 is the beginning of the final period. But, and yes, I hereby declare that my 2024 teams will not have him, I think 2025 is going to be the year.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Maybe worth pointing towards the timeline of Monty Python member Terry Jones who also had aphasia / frontotemporal dementia.

He no longer gave interviews in 2016 and lost the ability to speak more than a few words in 2017. Dead in January 2020, so less than 3 years.

Bruce Willis' final movie, as far as I can tell was filmed in Summer 2021. Looks to me like 2024 is the beginning of the final period. But, and yes, I hereby declare that my 2024 teams will not have him, I think 2025 is going to be the year.

Am not so sure, I think he'll be top 10 pick on here for next year.  

Seems like bs to me. The article is based entirely off a US Weekly quote where a source says he has more bad days than good. There is no mention in the body of him having recently "worsened dramatically".

As of Thanksgiving he was still able to stand up unassisted and sit at a table. He didn't look very lucid, but not physically any worse for wear. I mean we're about to have Nigel Starmer-Smith on his third DL with the same condition and we all know how long he's been a bedridden zombie. I think he'll be a popular pick because he gets so many "Bruce Willis is fucking dead as we speak" tabloidy articles but he is probably fool's gold until he turns 70 or so.

• Like 3

On 07/12/2023 at 05:47, tracy said:

Seems like bs to me. The article is based entirely off a US Weekly quote where a source says he has more bad days than good. There is no mention in the body of him having recently "worsened dramatically".

As of Thanksgiving he was still able to stand up unassisted and sit at a table. He didn't look very lucid, but not physically any worse for wear. I mean we're about to have Nigel Starmer-Smith on his third DL with the same condition and we all know how long he's been a bedridden zombie. I think he'll be a popular pick because he gets so many "Bruce Willis is fucking dead as we speak" tabloidy articles but he is probably fool's gold until he turns 70 or so.

Well, he turns 69 in March, so maybe it's best to be a year too early instead of the risk of being a year too late?  

On 07/12/2023 at 13:47, tracy said:

Dementia is hugely unpredictable in time-scales.Starmer _Smith is a good comparison as he has the same type as Bruce Willis however the fact Willis is such an A list name and clearly declining  which gives him that extra picking power for deadpoolers.Starmer_Smith seems to be heading towards an exception to the rule as he has been in the final stages of front temporal dementia for several years.When you look at the case of Terry Jones the condition progressed far more quickly.As I said it's a lottery as to how long a person lasts except there are no winners.

On 07/12/2023 at 13:33, tomarse said:

Am not so sure, I think he'll be top 10 pick on here for next year.  

Can see him getting Shane's number 50 spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Can see him getting Shane's number 50 spot.

Is there something special about the particular spot the person gets on the list?

8 minutes ago, lilham said:

Is there something special about the particular spot the person gets on the list?

Usually the no. 50 spot is vacated by a hard-living musician or criminal, so it could very well go to Ozzy Osbourne or Sidney Cooke.

Can still see Willis at bottom of the list, maybe no. 49.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Usually the no. 50 spot is vacated by a hard-living musician or criminal, so it could very well go to Ozzy Osbourne or Sidney Cooke.

Can still see Willis at bottom of the list, maybe no. 49.

Wasn’t it kinda made its own spot by Clive Dunn.. the sorta lovable guy nobody wanted to pass away but knew it was enviable sooner or later.  Willis is kinda like that in sense I don’t think many hate?

Still able to give dancing lessons; seems like the DL was right to give him another year off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Still able to give dancing lessons; seems like the DL was right to give him another year off.

I'm assuming this must have been one of his good days, because this is definitely much more respondent and verbal than even his close friends and family have said in the past few months.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Comped said:

I'm assuming this must have been one of his good days, because this is definitely much more respondent and verbal than even his close friends and family have said in the past few months.

I'm very happy to see this, as he doesn't look like a man in his final days here.  Plus he looks, dare I say, lucid and happy.  Good on his family for being so supportive, including his ex-wife.  I'd be quite glad to not get him as a hit this year.  

8 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I'm very happy to see this, as he doesn't look like a man in his final days here.  Plus he looks, dare I say, lucid and happy.  Good on his family for being so supportive, including his ex-wife.  I'd be quite glad to not get him as a hit this year.  

Absolutely.