drol

Tippi Hedren

Thread for classic Hollywood actress and iconic Hitchcock blonde Tippi Hedren.

94 and reportedly suffering from quite advanced dementia. DL-worthy in terms of fame.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

wow I had no idea she did not have her own thread yet. She has been on many lists that I thought for sure she would have.  I put Vera Miles in the same category as Tippi.  Both within a year in age and playing in major iconic movies.  Tippi in the Birds and Vera in Psycho. Actually when I saw the thread I thought there was some news not realizing it was a brand new one

A little-known fun fact is that Tippi Hedren did a lot of work with resettling Vietnamese refugees in the 70’s and 80’s and at one point got her manicurist to teach a group of them how to do nails. Those of you across the Atlantic might not be aware but today almost all nail salons in the United States are operated by Vietnamese immigrants, and we have Tippi to thank. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, FinalChapter said:

A little-known fun fact is that Tippi Hedren did a lot of work with resettling Vietnamese refugees in the 70’s and 80’s and at one point got her manicurist to teach a group of them how to do nails. Those of you across the Atlantic might not be aware but today almost all nail salons in the United States are operated by Vietnamese immigrants, and we have Tippi to thank. 

Fingertippi Hedren.