Sign in to follow this  
Primordial

Names Needed

OK guys - i'm new round here but, drunk at the weekend and looking for a daft idea we built our own 'lesser' dead pool of 60 with slightly different rules - you bet on the first to die. We're looking for another 40 names and this seemed the perfect place :rip:

Hope I don't off p*ss off the 'Grim Reaper' ;):P but the link is here.

Any help coming up with another 40 is appreciated, we're suffering brain drain over here :(

Good luck.

Welcome Primordial. (sorry, can't thing of a soup gag)

Have you checked the "Ideas & Possibilites" thread? I know 60 pages is a lot to plough through but you may find enough material there.

Being his 'campaign manager', I feel this gives me an ideal oppertunity to mention my candidates name.

How about the former King of Cambodia, Sihanouk.

He's over 80 and has cancer with a side of various other illnesses.

Guest Guest

Good suggestion - Sihanouk now sits proudly in position 61 and has, in turn inspired an entry by Robert Mugabe in position 62 ;)

38 to go .... i'll start wading through those 60+ pages :P

Thanks guys.

Cheers, Primordial :(:rip:

You must get in touch with the slightly touched Banshees Scrotum, er,. I mean Scream he will tell you all as he is apparently in die-rect contact with the posers that be on the other side.

Good suggestion - Sihanouk now sits proudly in position 61 and has, in turn inspired an entry by Robert Mugabe in position 62 ;)

38 to go .... i'll start wading through those 60+ pages :P

Thanks guys.

Cheers, Primordial :(:rip:

Only 61??

I was hoping for something in the region of the top 20.......

Guest Guest

Cheers Bruno, although its celebrities still with us that interest me :rip:

Anyway, we've changed the rules to hopefully make it more appealing and allow nominations (I mean 100!!!! - seriously ;) )

I'm hoping George Best makes a full recovery :( honest ... :P

Good suggestion - Sihanouk now sits proudly in position 61 and has, in turn inspired an entry by Robert Mugabe in position 62   ;)

38 to go .... i'll start wading through those 60+ pages  :huh:

Thanks guys.

Cheers, Primordial  :o  :D

You can also check out the previous year's deathlist for some additional selections. I have some other names that you can consider as well:

Maurice Papon, 95, French Nazi Collaborator

Rev Billy Graham, 87, evangelist

Zsa Zsa Gabor, 88, actress

Peter F. Drucker, 95, economist

Oral Roberts, 87, TV evangelist

Yitzhak Shamir, 90, ex Israeli Prime Minister

Ross Davidson, Eastenders Actor

Hi Guys,

Guess what, we received 40+ anonymous nominations last night so we have a complete listing - I just need to add them to the database :( Thanks for all the help :D Keep them coming though, always looking to keep the Dead Pool topical with regular fatalities ;)

Windsor : The position of Sihonouk at '61' merely reflects the current betting of the Dead Pool :o I'm sure he''ll die soon :huh:B) (but will he die next?) :D

Cheers, Primordial ...

Primordial Posted on Nov 3 2005, 09:34 AM

Hi Guys,

Guess what, we received 40+ anonymous nominations last night so we have a complete listing - I just need to add them to the database  Thanks for all the help  Keep them coming though, always looking to keep the Dead Pool topical with regular fatalities

I see these were added as anonymous nominations - when it is outlined that the nominators are up for a 10% payout should one of those chosen bite the dust.

Looks like most of them were from me! since all the new ones added (but one in Jimmy Hill) were off my top 68 name list that I'm entering to The Game Gazette dead pool at the end of the year.

I would suggest these nominations also be chargable at a rate of one pound each!

Zsa Zsa Gabor, 88, actress

The following are who i exspect to see on the 2006 deathlist.

Not that the others selected weren't good ideas, but relating to there

fame i'm unsure. :skull:

Also i don't think we need another economist just yet. Let's hold

off untill the long awaited JKG is burried.

Guest Guest

Hi Guys,

Ali - Am I charging you £1 or are you charging me? :D:D

Yep thats right 10% to the nominator. I figured they were probably from you but you need to post on the forums to get the 10% (so I know its you) I've updated the webpage to be more specific and i'll happily add you as the nominator so you'll get your 10% - leave it with me and keep watching :angel3:

PS> you're the first total stranger to blace a bet - thanks for taking the time, your support is much appreciated ;)

Banshee - I'll happily add ...

... but unfoprtunately Zsa Zsa Gabor is already spoken for :huh:

Thanks again :)

Ooops - forgot to login before posting last time :angel3:

There are now 80 names in the Dead Pool and i've given nominator status where appropriate.

The application is very simple and driven by your email address. The one you supply when placing a bet or the one you supply when registering on the forum.

Whilst Windsor, Football Fan and Banshee all have nominations in the Dead Pool :D at present only RottenAli can claim 10% because he's registered on the Dead Pool forum (hence we have his email address).

I'll build on the application if we grow and prosper :huh: but for the moment we figured the easier the better.

Cheers, Prime :D

Hi Guys,

Banshee - I'll happily add ...

Thanks again :huh:

I thought that those 2 were from my entries. :angel3:

I have some other names that you can consider as well:

Peter F. Drucker, 95, economist

Business Guru and economist, Peter F. Drucker died today. He was one of my unique picks in the 2005 ddp. :)

Has anybody else ( apart from FF and Rotten Ali) actually registered on this site?

No I haven't.

But being the cheap bastard that I am, do I get free membership due to my nomination of Sihanouk?? He can keep the 10% if he dies.

No I haven't.

But being the cheap bastard that I am, do I get free membership due to my nomination of Sihanouk?? He can keep the 10% if he dies.

This is only rightfully fair if he gets 80% if he lives.....alhtough I must admit I am unsure 80% of what eludes me presently.

No I haven't.

As far as I can make out, you get 10% of any payout if you nominate that person. Not too sure as I've just looked at the rules before I decide to register.

I should probably set up a PayPal account or something...

I should probably set up a PayPal account or something...

Excellent idea......let me give you the info so the funds can be deposited directly to me....... :):lol:

Looks like this web site:

http://www.thedeadpool.org

is THE place to have a really cheap punt (only a quid) on who your money is on to exit this world pronto.

And if you get the chance to stick your orr in like I have, then my selection of 30 odd names of the 100 listed gives me a handy advantage to profit in a small 10% fashion.

It's trully a game of skill and gives you the chance to collect a bit of pin money if you are up to putting your neck on the line.

If you think you have a tallent for this dead pool predicting, then come on down - I'm expecting a good slice of competition and happy to think I'm in with a good shout.

Ali, did you not nominate like 50 0f the Candidates.

If yes, you owe the dead pool a small fortune as I believe the rules have been changed to charge the nominator a pound. :lol:

But then again I may be mistaken...