Deadly Doug

Nigel Dempster

Nigel Dempster, or as they "Eye" had it, "Pratt-Dumpster," self-styled "greatest living Englishman," is no more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6895649.stm

As I had reported here

And so you did. I searched for a posting on Dempster but found none. And now someone will, of course, demonstrate how utterly neglectful I have been in failing to find your post. Time for a snifter in the Mandela Bar.

And so you did. I searched for a posting on Dempster but found none. And now someone will, of course, demonstrate how utterly neglectful I have been in failing to find your post. Time for a snifter in the Mandela Bar.

Sadly times have changed Dougster, and it's now called the Graduate Bar.

What's happened to activism these days - come on you spineless students, let's storm the barricades and free Nelson Piquet Mandela by withholding our grants from Barclays this very instant!!!

Sadly times have changed Dougster, and it's now called the Graduate Bar.

What's happened to activism these days - come on you spineless students, let's storm the barricades and free Nelson Piquet Mandela by withholding our grants from Barclays this very instant!!!

Nice to see Grumpy John getting a bar named after him

PS The Milking Parlour, scene of many a night playing card, is no more.

I knew Nigel Dempster a tiny bit and was surprised by the ammount of euphemism in reports of his death; "after a long term debilitating illness" = drank himself to death.

He did however leave behind