Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Are We As Thick As Those We Pick?

Given the morbid fascinations that abound elsewhere on this site how about a beacon of best practice where health is concerned? Looking at the posts from some hereabouts there are people in the know about stayin' alive.

Summat I heard today from a PhD in food science when I noticed her avoiding the yoghurt pots available for others at an event. She told me that most yoghurt companies wash tubs and stack them inside each other to save space, meaning inks and paints heated by the washing process can leak toxins, (including some linked to cancer), into the yoghurt as it is piped into the pots. This contamination is within 'safe' limits as far as the industry is concerned, but she isn't impressed. Though some companies using cardboard wraps - like Yeo Valley and Rachel's - seem intent on avoiding the contamination.

Oh yeah, and smoking is also believed to be harmful. Though I think it's okay if men root through the packs of twenty and only smoke the ones with the warnings about harming an unborn baby!

I can safely say that nothing I have indulged in so far has proved fatal. I may have been close though. I don't eat yoghurt.