gcreptile

Deathless Days

Today.

• Like 1

Yesterday is still only at 4 notable deaths. I suspect that a bigger death has already happened which has yet to be announced.

On 17/04/2023 at 20:24, gcreptile said:

Yesterday is still only at 4 notable deaths. I suspect that a bigger death has already happened which has yet to be announced.

Now at 5 notable deaths, but April 16th has the potential to be the most deathless day in a decade or so.

• Like 1

Today's been pretty quiet. 9 deaths listed on the 22nd and nothing today as of now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Today.

• Like 2

Today is an excellent candidate for the most deathless day of the year. The previous candidate, the 16th of April that I mentioned a couple of posts above, turned out to have 12 notable deaths, putting it at 3rd place this year. There were two days, also in April, with "only" 11 notable deaths that day. Still, the fame inflation has now lead to a point where there is no more single-digit number of notable deaths anymore.

I don't know when the last one was, I went back through to late 2021. But I always remember the 25th of August 2017, "the day Rich Piana died". Only 7 notable deaths that day. Also my birthday, which is why it stuck with me.

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Today is an excellent candidate for the most deathless day of the year. The previous candidate, the 16th of April that I mentioned a couple of posts above, turned out to have 12 notable deaths, putting it at 3rd place this year. There were two days, also in April, with "only" 11 notable deaths that day. Still, the fame inflation has now lead to a point where there is no more single-digit number of notable deaths anymore.

I don't know when the last one was, I went back through to late 2021. But I always remember the 25th of August 2017, "the day Rich Piana died". Only 7 notable deaths that day. Also my birthday, which is why it stuck with me.

its 8:26 pm where i live, its still only 2 people who died.

• Like 1

I think today is the first time in a Very long while a lot of ordinary people have commented on the amount of big deaths today not just us who follow death news closely. 

Deathless Christmas ever.

Was thinking that "some goober from Emmerdale and Doctor Who" isn't exactly the calibre of Xmas Day celebrity checkouts we've come to expect.

7 hours ago, drol said:

Deathless Christmas ever.

I get the feeling a bad death is coming soon. 

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I get the feeling a bad death is coming soon. 

Well, Richard Franklin died on Christmas Day. Maybe not a big death but a sad day for Doctor Who fans nonetheless.

• Like 1

The pickings have been so slim today, they're dying of starvation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

The pickings have been so slim today, they're dying of starvation. 

It's now obvious the reaper is preparing for the supreme sacrifice, and we all know what it is.

57 minutes ago, drol said:

It's now obvious the reaper is preparing for the supreme sacrifice, and we all know what it is.

maude-apatow-sept-2022-billboard-1548.jp

• Haha 4

Except for some nobody Turkish politician (Mayor of Constantinople Istanbul), no one has been listed as dying on 13 February in the 2020s.  In fact there are only 3 'notable' deaths (all nobodies) at all on this date from 2018-present.  

SC

I don't seem to be missing all that much here in Armenia.

(Sorry to whomever I've just doomed to death)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As of 9:45pm on April 13, Spanish composer Lorenzo Palomo is the only notable listed as dying today.