ixion

the touch of death

I recall in the 70's david bowie did a duet with bing crosby and shortly after par rop a pom death then david did a duet I think with marc bolan and hey presto (ran out of puns) death. I think he copped another one but then no one would duet with him.

Is hr a one off or do other celebrites have the magic touch ?

...and Dr Death.

You'd never want him turning up at your place on a house call.

Celebrity

n 1: a widely known person; "he was a baseball celebrity" [syn: famous person]

On that basis there are many.........

Hitler

Stalin

Mussolini

Dr Crippen

Alexander the Great

The list is almost endless

I recall in the 70's david bowie did a duet with bing crosby and shortly after par rop a pom death ; then david did a duet I think with marc bolan and hey presto (ran out of puns) death. I think he copped another one but then no one would duet with him.

Also now Underground, and not Underpressure, is Bowie's duet partner Freddie Mercury.

Are we going to be Dancing In The Street for Mick Jagger soon ?

Guest Pennywise

i think gary cooper will die this year

I've got the image in my head of a zombie Gary Cooper waiting for the clock to strike in a dusty main street.

Perhaps Pennywise meant to say:

I hope Gary Glitter will die this year.

Given the somewhat random nature of musical collaborations we probably can't make an accurate prediction. However, there are some uncanny cases of relatives going into the same business and meeting the same end. Fathers and sons being the oddest examples.

Best all round probably being Antonio and Alberto Ascari. Two fast and flashy racing drivers, both killed in hard to explain accidents on fast left hand bends days after surviving other accidents, both 36 at the time of their death.

I posted earlier on this forum about the fact that the only two Americans to win the F1 title both won their championships - 1961 and 78 - following accidents at the Italian Grand Prix that killed the only other driver in line for the title. Both drivers killed were the team mates of the new champions and both accidents involved British world champions who were later cleared of blame after legal investigations.

Bowie/Bolan/Crosby isn't really in the same league of spookiness.

Dare one say it, but by that reckoning Mary, its a shame Bush Senior didn't die in office....

;)

I recall in the 70's david bowie did a duet with bing crosby and shortly after par rop a pom death ; then david did a duet I think with marc bolan and hey presto (ran out of puns) death. I think he copped another one but then no one would duet with him.

Also now Underground, and not Underpressure, is Bowie's duet partner Freddie Mercury.

Are we going to be Dancing In The Street for Mick Jagger soon ?

;)

I can consider myself dead. Dead to the fact that I can't find my way around at this site. Email me some instructions. Thanx! dmurrell@starpower.net

I can consider myself dead. Dead to the fact that I can't find my way around at this site. Email me some instructions. Thanx!  dmurrell@starpower.net

I think he is on the wrong website ;)

Guest Kavorkian
What areas do you wish to navigate to? I would be glad to help.

we're going to a lose a Ramone, A Beatle, A Stone and a member of the Brat Pack in 2005

Guest madmax

looks like pennywise's wish may come true, gary faces teh firing squad for peadophilia in vietnam....

deuce 12 year old vietnamiese girls

glitters going to town

Guest iain

Dont forget Tutankamun!