Sign in to follow this  
Jimh

Jack Chick

Those of us of a certain age and in a certain part of the US are well acquainted with Jack Chick. He was an evil, destructive man who sowed hatred with his tracts and was arguably the father of many of the "best" of Southern US evangelical churches' outreaches including scared straight programs, anti-LGBTQ campaigns, abortion clinic assaults, and Hell Houses.

You may not have heard of him but an awful lot of kids in the US South have been scarred my this man. Many more have become hateful, narrow minded, bigoted adults who started learning their world view from Jack Chick.

• Like 1

Those of us of a certain age and in a certain part of the US are well acquainted with Jack Chick. He was an evil, destructive man who sowed hatred with his tracts and was arguably the father of many of the "best" of Southern US evangelical churches' outreaches including scared straight programs, anti-LGBTQ campaigns, abortion clinic assaults, and Hell Houses.

You may not have heard of him but an awful lot of kids in the US South have been scarred my this man. Many more have become hateful, narrow minded, bigoted adults who started learning their world view from Jack Chick.

How scary can a "tract" be, honestly?

QUIVER IN FEAR OF MY TRACTS!

My kids got a couple of his books in their trick-or-treat bag. I looked up online to find out more about him only to find out he died the week before.

Never heard of him. And with you can close this thread making this the final and mostly deserving post.

SC

Why should they. Your not the boss of their forum (and neither am I).

I never visited this thread before but now I'd like to keep it open, just to talk about Sir C. behind his back.

• Like 3