Lord Football

John Delorean

I remember him being on trial in the 1980’s after his car company went bankrupt. Was it one of his cars that was used in that movie, Back to the future?

Now, I'm pretty miffed about JDeL carking it. I ummed and ahhed (spelling?) for ages before Christmas wondering if he was worthy of suggestion or inclusion in this year's list, and in the end I bottled it.

Bugger.

DWB :(

On the bright side, at least Fallen Sparrow didn't select him for the DDP.

Guest guesty
I remember him being on trial in the 1980’s after his car company went bankrupt.  Was it one of his cars that was used in that movie, Back to the future?

IIRC it was a custom car using just the Delorian shell. The original cars had many faults and were unreliable.

I believe the body was designed by Italian designer Giugiaro of Ital Design, who also worked on the Esprit for Lotus (look familiar?) The Chassis was a Lotus design which was rejected by them and taken up by DMC.

I'm no petrol-head, so if any of the above is slightly off, please correct me.

I believe the body was designed by Italian designer Giugiaro of Ital Design, who also worked on the Esprit for Lotus (look familiar?) The Chassis was a Lotus design which was rejected by them and taken up by DMC.

Give John his due, he was embezzling British government money in Northern Ireland and using it for drugs long before the Paramilitaries caught onto the idea...

As for the car, will be considered a classic once we invent a flux capacitor, while we're still on petrol - the funniest joke out of Belfast for years, only surpassed when Gerry Adams' voice was dubbed by Janet Street Porter (or was that just a nightmare?)

DWB  :(

According to this obituary in The Guardian that I read:

The Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro offered a design, actually a discarded Porsche prototype.
They might be wrong though.

Guest The Newstreet Boys Death Squad
On the bright side, at least Fallen Sparrow didn't select him for the DDP.

Who is this Fallen Sparrow person anyway?

Fallen Sparrow is the Derby Dead Pool leader who seems to be in possession of the 2005 Celebrity Deaths Almanac, which was acquired while driving a rejected Lotus chassis with a rejected Porsche body through time!

Great looking car though.

It was a very good looking car in it's day although looks a little dated now; it has not yet aquired 'classic' looking status. However it was stainless steel bodied which showed up every greasy fingerprint and mark. It was also rear engined but without the years of knowledge that Porsche put into such a concept. A veritable potential widow maker.