GracieJc8

Peter Jennings

It says this with me - Peter Charles Jennings July 29, 1938 - July 21, 2005

Sorry Windsor, if you look at the history for the page, you will see someone did put in a date of death, but this has been revised, as he isn't dead yet.

Try refreshing your browser, or clearing the cache, and you should get the correct details.

Oh yes, sorry, all fixed now.

Guest Guest Yank
A supermarket tabloid (while not the most credible source) is reporting this week that Jennings is near death with only 4-6 weeks left to live.

I saw that article...apparently the Yeti is also doing poorly these days.

Guest EastTXNewsProducer

On August 7th, an ABC News spokesman denied reports that Jennings's death was imminent. Rumors had spread on TV industry blogs that ABC had alerted key affiliates to prepare for Jennings's death, and that the general managers of those affiliates were alerted by phone. No such alert was ever sent, an ABC News spokesman says.

Having worked for and ABC affiliate before they do tend to send affiliates messages that are not true through their N-A-S Network Alert System.

Guest Walker

Just announced he has died .

Peter Jennings is dead

Peter Jennings dies of lung cancer

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Nearly four months to the day since he announced in a hoarse voice on his evening newscast that he had been diagnosed with lung cancer, longtime ABC "World News Tonight" anchor Peter Jennings died Sunday, according to the ABC news network. He was 67.

Guest Blondie
:P How awful. I can't imagine not seeing his face any longer. I am so sad for his family, his friends, and his viewers.

Guest IYG

After a quick looksie, no one had Jennings on his/her list. Even though him having cancer weas announced 4 months ago I was expecting maybe one person having him on a list as a wildcard.

Guest iain

I knew there was very little hope for him but its still sad that hes gone

Guest Guest

Everything happens in threes..whats the odds on Walter Cronkite joining Peter in th e near future?Especiallya s h is wife died in march.

Everything happens in threes..whats the odds on Walter Cronkite joining Peter in th e near future?Especiallya s h is wife died in march.

What say we offer you up in Uncle Walter's place?

Guest Dismayed

:huh:

I don't understand how a game revolving around people dying is in any way right. One would suppose that once "You" make your list you then as a competitor would have to hope/wish your picks will die so you can win. That, in my opinion, is f**ked up big time. Deriving pleasure from the suffering and eventual death of people is wrong folks. Look at it honestly and I'm hopeful you'll agree. Enough said.

Guest Guest Yank
:huh:

I don't understand how a game revolving around people dying is in any way right. One would suppose that once "You" make your list you then as a competitor would have to hope/wish your picks will die so you can win. That, in my opinion, is f**ked up big time. Deriving pleasure from the suffering and eventual death of people is wrong folks. Look at it honestly and I'm hopeful you'll agree. Enough said.

Just a guess here, but I'm thinking that the inclusion or exclusion of someone's name on another person's celebrity dead pool list has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not said person lives or dies. In fact, if you read thru the thread, you'd see that no one had Mr. Jennings on his/her list. But he passed on regardless. And as for your comment that we 'derive pleasure from the suffering and eventual death of people' is patently false. No extra points are awarded for suffering.

Damn. I thought I would be one of the first to report a death for a chanhge but yew died Sunday apparently.