Sign in to follow this  
Simon I

THE UK GENERAL ELECTION

If there was a general election tomorrow, who would you vote for?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Guest_Simon I

EDIT to previous post- Shame Mr Howard will be resigning shortly once the rules for electing a new Tory leader have been updated.

Either way I'm afraid Mr Howard, sadly, will not fight Blair (or God forbid Brown) at the next election. Possibly the greatest PM who never was since Rab Butler in the 1960s.

Simon

With the utmost respect Simon, I do wish you would be quiet.

.....Either way I'm afraid Mr Howard, sadly, will not fight Blair (or God forbid Brown) at the next election. Possibly the greatest PM who never was since Rab Butler in the 1960s.

Simon

Twaddle! W Hague. No question.

Either way I'm afraid Mr Howard, sadly, will not fight Blair (or God forbid Brown) at the next election. Possibly the greatest PM who never was since Rab Butler in the 1960s.

Simon

I agree. Tony Blair is possibly the greatest Tory PM who never was. :P

And Simon - if you choose not to accord with Mr Notapotato's understandable wish, then please log in when you post, or somone might announce your "death." ;):P:o

EDIT to previous post- Shame Mr Howard will be resigning shortly once the rules for electing a new Tory leader have been updated.

What a pity that the Tory rank and file can't be trusted with the decision.

Tory paternalism at it's best.

I'll kind of miss the 'rank and file' voting in yet another foaming right-winger, despite the best efforts of the Party structure to get an electable candidate. No more IDS-style losers...

I'll kind of miss the 'rank and file' voting in yet another foaming right-winger, despite the best efforts of the Party structure to get an electable candidate. No more IDS-style losers...

Maybe if IDS had said "Never underestimate a foaming at the mouth right winger..." it would all have different. :P

Surely the Tories shot themselves in their collective foot when they rejected the best two leadership candidates: Ken Clarke and Michael Portillo. As a lifelong Labour voter, I'll resist the temptation to gloat. I'm actually quite pleased the Government's majority is down in double figures - should make things a bit more interesting.

Goverment and politics is all based on who can convince the voters the most outdoing all the other partys. Its all based on who looks more honest and who could keep more promises. Liberal, Republican it really makes no difference.

Goverement is the only law that has its own license it makes its own rules right or wrong. Its kind of similar to a rebel. For example durning the debate back in november Senetor Kerry was asked quite a few qustions and he would simply ramble about almost each and every one of them. Saying an idea of what he would do but never "how". You just have to test and exsparement the truths in it all "if there are any"

And no i wouldent vote at all.

Goverment and politics is all based on who can convince the voters the most outdoing all the other partys. Its all based on who looks more honest and who could keep more promises. Liberal, Republican it really makes no difference.

Goverement is the only law that has its own license it makes its own rules right or wrong. Its kind of similar to a rebel. For example durning the debate back in november Senetor Kerry was asked quite a few qustions and he would simply ramble about almost each and every one of them. Saying an idea of what he would do but never "how". You just have to test and exsparement the truths in it all "if there are any"

And no i wouldent vote at all.

Well that just about hits the nail on the head and succinctly defines your thoughts on the world of international politics.

Nowadays general elections have become the art of voting for the lesser of the evils. What is happening in the U.K. is a carbon copy of what’s occurring across the pond in Canada. The politicians operate the same way. You definitely know that they will lie to you while raising your taxes and breaking their promises, but that is water under the bridge. Maybe if they threw all of the bums out once every few years and start with a clean slate it would make a difference. :old:

How about a "jury service" style system of appointing politicians?

How about a "jury service" style system of appointing politicians?

I think you have the germ of an excellent idea. I would like to explore this further, not that it would ever happenas there is too much vested interest in the staus quo. (I am a Queen fan really.) :old:

i WNET WITH VERITASS BECAUSWE i LIKED THE sound og it. Im nont it the UK or Great Briaritin so it dowes nt make a difference since I doent voer there.