Sign in to follow this  
Simon I

THE UK GENERAL ELECTION

If there was a general election tomorrow, who would you vote for?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As promised, the mini-poll on the forthcoming UK General Election.

Please vote, and leave your name and who you voted for in a post so we can keep track of who is voting who.

Simon

Lifelong Tory I'm afraid...but please don't let this turn into a major political rant thread - there's plenty of other places to do that...

STICK TO THE DEAD FAMOUS!!!!

I agree with that...no political debate. Just tick your box and clear the polling booth for the next person! No soapboxes!

Simon

P.S. Not familiar with any far left wing parties, hence their absense by the way. Sorry if I have offended anyone...you'll just have to use other!

how about adding a "none of the above" That would get my vote

Plaid Cymru

So not voting for the major parties AND you'd vote for someone other than "other"? :)

As promised, the mini-poll on the forthcoming UK General Election.

Please vote, and leave your name and who you voted for in a post so we can keep track of who is voting who.

Simon

I'm not taking this too seriously, but shouldn't this be a secret ballot?

Liberal Democrats  :)

Good on ya LP7!!!

Go the LibDems! Go! Go! Go! :)

Good point Ceberus...too late unfortunately!

Anyway, if anyone wants a secret ballot please just don't leave your name!

S

I am not saying who I voted for as it is secret, so there....nyahhh.

Where is the Monster Raving Looney Party in the poll? If I vote for them don't I get a £1?

DWB :)

Shouldn't we all be voting for the party with the most number of members closest to death? Forget policital issues, bring on the coffins and tissues.....not that I'll be crying, unless the tax payers have to foot the bill for the mass funeral. :)

If it's the party with the most members at death's door that we should vote for then I predict a Tory landslide. :)

QUOTE (heaven can wait @ Apr 21 2005, 05:27 AM)

So not voting for the major parties AND you'd vote for someone other than "other"? 

No, I have't voted since moving down here. I just feel it doesn't matter who you vote for, they will find a way to increase the taxes we pay.

There's too much apathy when it comes to voting........ but then again...who cares :)

I've just voted Green in your poll.

However I've not got one standing locally so I'm still in a huge quandary what to do on the day. I've four choices and can't bring myself to vote Tory or UKIP. Hence with a sitting Labour MP and the LibDems no-where I think its with a heavy heart that I'm going to vote "red" against the Tory.

Why can't we have Single Transferable Votes - much more usefull. I could then mark my ballot LibDem 1, Labour 2, UKIP 3 and Tory 4.

Why was I told:

"You have already voted in this poll"

Is someone else using the same IP as me?

I've just voted Green in your poll.

However I've not got one standing locally so I'm still in a huge quandary what to do on the day. I've four choices and can't bring myself to vote Tory or UKIP. Hence with a sitting Labour MP and the LibDems no-where I think its with a heavy heart that I'm going to vote "red" against the Tory.

Why can't we have Single Transferable Votes - much more usefull. I could then mark my ballot LibDem 1, Labour 2, UKIP 3 and Tory 4.

A little late now, but if it troubles you so, why not stand for the Greens yourself?

Why was I told:

Ah, that'll be a Postal Vote then. :)

Why was I told:

I'm getting this on the

"Pope Benedict XVI, How many years will he reign as pope?"

quiz as well.

A little late now, but if it troubles you so, why not stand for the Greens yourself?

Thing was it was a thought of mine. But like most things could not be arsed to put in months of leg work for just a few thousand votes and a lost deposit of £500!

Shame, but that's what it really amounts to Mr Josco - best way into politics is to join the mass party in your area and hoodwink them into moving you up the greasy poll via local district and county council elections.

One lad I worked with did just this - really a hard line communist and just kept mum during Labour Party selection meetings, he is now standing for his first run at an MP's seat this time.

Guest One Man Jury
could not be arsed

Is this the Green Party or the Brown Party you are on about???

:)

One Man Jury Posted on Apr 21 2005, 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Rotten Ali @ Apr 21 2005, 01:47 PM)

could not be arsed 

Is this the Green Party or the Brown Party you are on about???

Its not just politicians who talk lots of poo - we get that on here too!

Thing is the world is running out of oil (read Michael C Ruppert - Crossing the Rubicon, the decline of the American Empire at the end of the Age of Oil) and we need the green way of thinking right now and find good answers to all these big environmental issues.