Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Things Just To Think About

I could say this post is mainly just about pointless discussion but something intresting to think about accounting on its a possibility. There are 50 celebritys on this list and most of them up in age. I would think most of the elderly arent up on computer technology so mainly they wouldent come across this websight. But out of all 50 celebritys on this list or should i say "now 45" i can say i bealive that atleast 1 out of the remaining 45 has a computer and uses it every here and then.

Imagine if they found this websight and discovered themselves on this list? If i were on a list simmaler to this and i were an old famous rich celebrity in a sick way i would take it as an honor knowing that others are waiting for me to die and they will even write an obituary about me claming to all that i have now been considered a deathlist sucsess. Others may take it as an insult. What would u think?

I'm sure I'd find it pretty cool. I'd sign up and start goading the people who put me on their list.

I would definitely be honoured to be on this list & flattered to know I was famous enough. Dying can be a great career move - look at Aaliyah (had anyone heard of her before she died?) & Eva Cassidy (almost no-one had heard of her when she was alive)

look at Aaliyah (had anyone heard of her before she died?) & Eva Cassidy (almost no-one had heard of her when she was alive)

You'll have to remind me please. Aaliyah rings a bell (so to speak) but I don't think I've heard of the Cassidy person.

look at Aaliyah (had anyone heard of her before she died?) & Eva Cassidy (almost no-one had heard of her when she was alive)

You'll have to remind me please. Aaliyah rings a bell (so to speak) but I don't think I've heard of the Cassidy person.

Going by memory (but I could be wrong) :

Aaliyah was an American singer/actress killed in a plane crash about 4 years ago, I think it crashed because it was overloaded, her vampire film 'Queen of the Damned' went on to be a posthumous success.

Eva Cassidy was also an American singer, who did a beautiful rendition of 'Somewhere over the Rainbow', she succumbed to cancer at a relatively young age.

Thank you. I'm not reminded of either, but no matter.

Thank you.  I'm not reminded of either, but no matter.

Why would you know of them?

I came across a documentary of Eva Cassidy a few years ago while flicking through the channels on the tv and stopping at VH1 when I heard 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'.

The first I heard of Aaliyah was when she was killed in a plane crash. I am terrified of flying, so is my husband, the last time we flew was a SwissAir flight from Zurich to Heathrow, we landed safely, but the next day we saw the headlines at a newsvendor in London 'Plane Crashes' (sic). A flight had crashed in Canada (Newfoundland, I think). We both said to each other 'SwissAir' at the same time, coincidence perhaps because we had flown on this airline the day before, but out of all the airlines we had flown before this is the last one we would have expected to have a crash, it was confirmed the next day it was a SwissAir flight, needless to say we haven't flown since and don't intend to, that is why Aaliyah has stuck in my memory simply because she died in a plane crash. It is only memory by association.

I am known by my family and friends for being an oracle for useless facts and information I seem to absorb them and never forget, unfortunately in my view that makes me a peddler of useless bulls**t!

Interestingly, many famous people die in plane crashes. Surely a greater percentage of famous people die in such tragedies than the percentage of the whole population who do so ? Why is this case, or am I just presuming too much ?

Interestingly, many famous people die in plane crashes. Surely a greater percentage of famous people die in such tragedies than the percentage of the whole population who do so ? Why is this case, or am I just presuming too much ?

It may have something to do with the fact that many celebrities travel more for work purposes according to where there carreer is taking them. Actors who live in one place but film television series elsewhere and do back and forths(between home and city of the television studio), movie actors on location going back home every other weekend or so, Singers who sometimes have their own private planes, or who may have to travel great distances from one tour venue to another, if they have international appeal then there are more flights. Presidents, Prime Ministers, Senator etc. Bullionaires who have scads of money and fleets of aircrafts to jet them wherever they wish, whenever they wish. Authors who are on book tours. Celebs just travel more in general. I am sure that if the stats were taken into account to include corporation CEOs the %s there would also be higher than for the general public.

Then you've got stroppy sorts like Aaliyah who think the baggage allowance applies to everyone other than them. It was a sh*t load of extra baggage and a fairly small plane.

Tragic.